Cleave trinket - any fights worth using it on?

So I'm using the 561 Haromms and a 530 shado-pan valor trinket at the moment, and have the agi cleave trinket in my bag (normal version). My question is, is there any fight in SoO where the cleave trinket is worth using? What number of targets must there be for it to be better than the shado pan trinket for example?

If you're having trouble with adds on Galakras for some reason (though with a 561 Haromms you're already passed Galakras anyways). Apart from that fight, no they seem pretty much trash to me outside of using them on trash/five mans/AoE farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using it over a HTF Juju for everything because I hate RPPM. Call me bad, but I MUCH prefer ICD.

I think it really has to be optimal on any fight with adds, right? I mean, it's not CRAZY behind ST, but it is definitely behind. With adds, that has to catch up.

I would say it is good on Galakras and Spoils only.

Generally, single target it is inferior to anything of a similar item level, and the Shado-Pan Trinket it better. However, for other people who get this, sim it through Shadowcraft.

Deleted
    After the nerf.... I can't really see why you would use it.

Unless you want to feel like a combat rogue but assa spec'ed?

Tried it on normal spoils last night (assassination spec). The cleave effect did about 4.5% of my total damage on the fight. In comparison the legendary cloak proc did 12% of my total damage. Kinda meh considering there's a lot of cleave opportunity on spoils. If they changed it so the proc hit your current target plus 5 nearest it may be worth equipping a bit more.

It's great for parsing on a lot of fights, but it's not good for progression on almost anything. There's always a target that needs focused damage.

It may be usefull on spoils if youre opening boxes like a mad maniac wich is somethign you dont do on heroic anyway so its useless on heroic spoils, aside for that you can think its good on Galakras but in reality on the part of the fight you most need DPS (Galakras himself) its useless, so no.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-10-29 at 02:33 PM.

It's not a bad item as is, but there just isn't that many bosses to utilize it on. I wouldn't use it for progression at all and in case it drops I'm just going to click greed to play around outside of raids.

I think it will be a handy trinket for solo'ing old content and mowing through trash, etc.

- marek

You're better off getting the Multi-strike trinket. Cleave trinket is only viable on p1 of Garrosh, p1 of Galakras, somewhat on Spoils(dependant on how you do adds and if 6+ are up at 1 time that often).

Considering how infrequently this trinket can be useful, its most likely better served being disenchanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharm View Post
    You're better off getting the Multi-strike trinket.
    Uh... the first line of his post says he has that and it is clearly far superior to his other trinket so cleave trinket or no, hes obviously using the MS one.

Heroic Galakras possibly. Outside of that fight, I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Spoils is about the only encounter TBH, rest of the time you will be fine.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it's mainly going to be used for Monk / droods who dont want more damage then mitigation and not for rogues.

Deleted
    I only use it on Galakras and Spoils, for any other boss i use Haromm's Talisman instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Spoils, my Haromm's was doing more damage than the cleave trinket. Granted that Haromm's is 2/2 Heroic and the cleave is 2/2 normal.

Haromm's on the kill

Cleave on a similar length wipe

And another Cleave on similar length wipe

I've been out or dead on our past 2 Galakras kills, so I don't have any relevant logs for that, though I would think if you were full time down and not in a tower group (which I am) it would be worth it to use cleave over Haromm's...maybe. I do have to say that having ONE RPPM trinket is kind of fun, when it procs twice in the opener I'm miles ahead of everyone else and when it doesn't I'm fighting for top until CDs drop where I push ahead until execute.

PS, note the death on the Spoils kill was a glorious KS into a bomb. I'll post a video when our guy gets done editing it because it's quite priceless to watch me KS from a safe spot, the tank turns to open another box and the mobs turn around backs to the bombs ):

Cleave trink fights Galakras, Protectors, Spoils, also dark shamans although not as effective. Sometimes the trink sucks tbh because rng. I would say about 75-80% of the time it does what its supposed to.