Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blood legion always sounds like such a depressive bunch...
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Really want to see Paragons kill. That solo heal.
    Devai told yesterday on stream that they had some problems with the video and that the kill will be online as soon as they have it fixed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Blood legion always sounds like such a depressive bunch...
    Depressive or not... they are still one of the best guilds in the world, so their attitude definatly works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Depressive or not... they are still one of the best guilds in the world, so their attitude definatly works.
    not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    At this rate all the dead realms will be connected just in time for christmas 2017.
    lol the sad thing is we have half the pop of those 2 servers and they get connected before us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Why not post something about Sky Golem, the awesome new mount coming out today?
    Has been out for weeks now, some sick guys decided to re-level engineering 20 times.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    lol the sad thing is we have half the pop of those 2 servers and they get connected before us.
    My guess is the rollout plan goes something like:

- Connect 2 servers together.
    - Add a 3rd server to 2 already connected.
    - Merge all 5 of those severs together.
    - Merge a dozen tiny servers together.
    - Continue merging servers until issues arise, or until all the servers of the same type are merged into a single mega server.

Probably a month or two until they attempt to merge several small servers together.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    At this rate all the dead realms will be connected just in time for christmas 2017.
    Stop crying, this is a huge technical issue that NOBODY wants to see go wrong. It is funny that when Blizzard releases a patch and there is a tiny bug, there will be tons of people creating threads crying about it.. but when Blizzard takes their time and tests things ( and yes, this is ´testing´ it because there is no way they could test this on a PTR) then people come here and cry because it is taking so long.

They did the first one a few weeks ago, there were a few issues with chat. They fixed those, and are now doing another test... and my guess is they will keep doing 1 test at a time until they do it without any issues.

It is stupid to say 2017, I think anyone with half a brain knows it will speed up once they get a few more tests done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Four total realms after a month. What a total joke. They should either get this rolling as in now or give out free transfers to those on the dead realms. They shouldn't be asked to wait months after they have already waited so long for Blizzard to get over it's feet dragging.
    dragging it´s feet? oh... wait.. you mean ´testing things properly´ before applying a huge new technology that could potentially cripple every server if done wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Any context on this?
    There was a post on this site about 2 weeks ago that showed the chances of getting loot from SoO LFR. It was 25% per roll. In ToT, it was 17%

- - - Updated - - -

I am already suffering with a game breaking bug. It's called playing a mmo without other people to play with due to playing on a dead server. Really, they need to stop the feet dragging and get this done. It's really a joke at this point, they have over a 100 servers that need to be merged and they are going at a rate that this may finish up sometime in 2015 or 16.

Also the realms they are picking is funny. Two dead realms merged is not very helpful. They need to be doing four or more at a time so that the new realms get to be at least half the population of a Area 52 or Stromrage. With the process they are doing, you will just have two realms merged both dead and little to no change.
    Yes, because probably a dozen computer engineers, along with the people that run a billion dollar game obviously have not put as much thought into this after analyzing detailed data as some kid at home crying about it who has no data.

And actually, two dead realms merged has been hugely successful for those realms. Ask players who play on them. The only issue is they had a few problems with chat that needed to be fixed.

What kids don´t understand is this is a process they cannot test on PTR and probably not even internally. This is a big deal and something that has never been done in any other game. They are going to do 1 by 1 until they can do it without issues before they speed up the process. It will probably take a few months more.

And I also am sure that their data indicates that as much as people cry about their ´dead realms´... that not many of them are actually going to quit because of it in the next 2-3 months, especially with all the new content in 5.4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    This probably the first patch since LFR was released that I avoided it like a plague.
    Even for gearing my alts I found that getting a couple of friends/pugs to do a flex raid seem alot less painful.
    Plus higher ilvl loot & seems like loot drops for almost every boss, spend less than an hour to clear it as well.
    I never thought LFR was that terrible, but certainly there was opportunity for toxic players and the raids did feel a little too easy. But you are right, Flex is just so much better. Even if you PUG it with people from Openraid, there is just more a sense of teamwork and almost no chance for people being toxic, especially if you lead the group and check their ratings first. oqueue is a bit more hit-n-miss, I have gotten grouped with some jerks and others that only wanted to be carried.. probably because their is no rating system so it feels more anonymous

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoss17 View Post
    Great to have friend to carry you because Flex group ask 525+ ilvl and don't me that all your alts have that ilevel.
    You are joking, right? Flex can easily be done at 500, especially with a group of friends.

The reason people ask for 525 or whatever for PUGs is because they can.. There are usually so many DPS begging to join that the person running it can set the bar a bit higher. And when this all started, if you asked for 525 it showed that that person had done some signficant playing with that character and more than likely knew it well.

But for friends.. the actual DPS checks for fights are very low, tank damage is low.. there are no real ´numbers´ that are hard to get, it is more about learning the fights, which friends and family will do better than pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petre View Post
    My guess is the rollout plan goes something like:

- Add a 3rd server to 2 already connected.
    - Merge all 5 of those severs together.
    - Merge a dozen tiny servers together.
    - Continue merging servers until issues arise, or until all the servers of the same type are merged into a single mega server.

Probably a month or two until they attempt to merge several small servers together.
    I really think people are overstating how ´dead´ certain realms are. I doubt we will ever see more than 3 connected together. For their first test, they took 2 very dead realms and the new merged realm is very active now. I was amazed at how active the AH became etc. The other thing is that the amount of guilds who are raiding will grow faster than the overall population. just because most guilds are only need a few stragglers. For instance, Illidian probably has 4 times the amount of players as my server, but they probably have 30 times the number of guilds doing progression raiding. The same is true of the AH... the amount of items listed on the AH now is more than just the sum of the two servers before the merger because the activity breeds activity.

The real problem that they won´t be able to overcome is that on almost all of those very low population pvp servers, they are all very horde biased. There are actually very few servers overall that are pvp and alliance baised, so there really is nothing they can merge them with. Really, no matter what they do, the alliance side of those servers is going to be very low.

lol people keep saying they want more strict entrance requirements for LFR but I bet they'll be QQing about wait times when only a "small" amount of people can do LFR lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Stop crying, this is a huge technical issue that NOBODY wants to see go wrong. It is funny that when Blizzard releases a patch and there is a tiny bug, there will be tons of people creating threads crying about it.. but when Blizzard takes their time and tests things ( and yes, this is ´testing´ it because there is no way they could test this on a PTR) then people come here and cry because it is taking so long.

They did the first one a few weeks ago, there were a few issues with chat. They fixed those, and are now doing another test... and my guess is they will keep doing 1 test at a time until they do it without any issues.

It is stupid to say 2017, I think anyone with half a brain knows it will speed up once they get a few more tests done.

-----

I really think people are overstating how ´dead´ certain realms are. I doubt we will ever see more than 3 connected together. For their first test, they took 2 very dead realms and the new merged realm is very active now. I was amazed at how active the AH became etc. The other thing is that the amount of guilds who are raiding will grow faster than the overall population. just because most guilds are only need a few stragglers. For instance, Illidian probably has 4 times the amount of players as my server, but they probably have 30 times the number of guilds doing progression raiding. The same is true of the AH... the amount of items listed on the AH now is more than just the sum of the two servers before the merger because the activity breeds activity.

The real problem that they won´t be able to overcome is that on almost all of those very low population pvp servers, they are all very horde biased. There are actually very few servers overall that are pvp and alliance baised, so there really is nothing they can merge them with. Really, no matter what they do, the alliance side of those servers is going to be very low.
    You know they could have avoided that "technical marvel" if they'd just lock all the low pop realms and gave free transfers for guild/players to whatever realm they like from those who would be prepared for migration by blizzard themselves, put an fixed date when the locked realm will be shut down and be done with it.

Say EU Bloodfeather with a population of 15.000 people is being locked, the realm will be shut down January 1st. 2014, all players and guilds have the possibility to move freely to any of the designated realms Realm A, Realm B or Realm C.

When the server shuts down, people can still move guilds and their characters for free through the battle.net website even if they come back to WoW in 2017. In reality all Europe needs right now is 20 to 25 realms (including German, Russian, Spanish and Italian ones) and we have about 60 if not more of those, everything else can be shut down, and they should do the above and figure a solution to balance the ratio between those 20 to 25 servers, instead of merging 5k server with 5k server which will equal 10k, but the top servers are still over 100k.

I have no idea why they don't or didn't do something like that, must have something to do with pride and not admitting that 60% of European servers are pretty much dead, while 5-6 of servers are overpopulated.

And yes, some realms are pretty much dead and the situation is not overstated, there are realms with around 5.000 people in total, where's my server Kazzak has 2000 people queue each evening, and is completely horde dominated, there is still more people on the alliance side on Kazzak than on 60% server of Europe in total and it is like that since about 2 to 3 years, it is sad that what I wrote above hasn't been done 3 years ago.

What they are doing now is basically instancing the world, exactly what WoW was famous not to do - on seamless world.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2013-10-09 at 09:55 PM.

I have to say imo the kiting done of the gang of sha mobs around the 13 min area was a symphony of awesomeness. Its a great example of the coordination they have as a group. The speed shields, the well place feathers, the ninja rolls, and the oh sh** immunity run through all the bad things. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    You know they could have avoided that "technical marvel" if they'd just lock all the low pop realms and gave free transfers for guild/players to whatever realm they like from those who would be prepared for migration by blizzard themselves, put an fixed date when the locked realm will be shut down and be done with it.

Say EU Bloodfeather with a population of 15.000 people is being locked, the realm will be shut down January 1st. 2014, all players and guilds have the possibility to move freely to any of the designated realms Realm A, Realm B or Realm C.
    Say you get that option, then two of your friends go to A, five go to B, and one goes to C. Where does that leave you?

Or perhaps you're coming back to the game, only to find your server isn't there anymore. Then what?

That is why they aren't doing this; you create more problems than you solve.

What they are doing now is basically instancing the world, exactly what WoW was famous not to do - on seamless world.
    I don't think you understand what is happening if you think the world is instanced.

[QUOTE=arcaneshot;22795364]Say you get that option, then two of your friends go to A, five go to B, and one goes to C. Where does that leave you?

Or perhaps you're coming back to the game, only to find your server isn't there anymore. Then what?

That is why they aren't doing this; you create more problems than you solve.

They need to offer free server transfers on a cool down to people and faction changes as well. That's been the solution to this problem, remains the solution to this problem. Merging of a couple dead realms does little to nothing to solve many of the realms problems. Also this solution is doing nothing to address faction balance and maybe making it worse for people. The idea that people would be tied to a server forever unless they choose to pay some fee is absurd.

Also let's cut to the heart of the matter, the reason server population matters so much is raiding. They could and they should allow current content normal and heroic raiding to be cross server. There is no reason they can not other then they have choose to not allow it.

They need to offer free server transfers on a cool down to people and faction changes as well. That's been the solution to this problem, remains the solution to this problem. Merging of a couple dead realms does little to nothing to solve many of the realms problems.Also this solution is doing nothing to address faction balance and maybe making it worse for people.
    Free transfers only would contribute to the faction balance problem. The reason we have super-high population servers with lopsided factions on them is they hear that there are more of their faction there and it builds on that.

Nobody seriously cares about balancing factions; they just want more of their own faction. If that wasn't true places like Illidan or Area 52 wouldn't be as lopsided as they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post

When the server shuts down, people can still move guilds and their characters for free through the battle.net website even if they come back to WoW in 2017. In reality all Europe needs right now is 20 to 25 realms (including German, Russian, Spanish and Italian ones) and we have about 60 if not more of those, everything else can be shut down, and they should do the above and figure a solution to balance the ratio between those 20 to 25 servers, instead of merging 5k server with 5k server which will equal 10k, but the top servers are still over 100k.

I have no idea why they don't or didn't do something like that, must have something to do with pride and not admitting that 60% of European servers are pretty much dead, while 5-6 of servers are overpopulated.

And yes, some realms are pretty much dead and the situation is not overstated, there are realms with around 5.000 people in total, where's my server Kazzak has 2000 people queue each evening, and is completely horde dominated, there is still more people on the alliance side on Kazzak than on 60% server of Europe in total and it is like that since about 2 to 3 years, it is sad that what I wrote above hasn't been done 3 years ago.

Yeah, the devs already answered this. First off, you give a list of major changes that would have to be made, and then make it seem like they could do that in five minutes. What you described is probably as time-consuming as what they are doing now, plus there would be a ton of customer service calls.

But to answer why their solution is better than yours.. as they already said. Just merging servers creates a ton of issues with names, guild structures and even realm names for players coming back who suddenly find their server no longer listed.

Blizzard solution is far superior to yours. It is working amazingly on the servers it has been tested on already, and over the coming months, more and more servers will be added. Without having to destroy guilds or change names.

Sorry, but you are a little ignorant of other games and the disasters they had when they tried to merge servers. Some of the biggest guilds in warhammer completely fell apart, and most quit in anger because guilds were just ripped apart and with name changes, there were no ways for players to easily reconnect.

Blizzard solution is awesome, players just need to have patience until they test it.