Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it possible to get a 1M+ Combustion on a single target in Cataclysm? What's going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Wasn't it possible to get a 1M+ Combustion on a single target in Cataclysm? What's going on?
    1 Million per second? I don't think that was ever the case. However getting over a million combustion requires ~50,000 damage ticks depending on haste, but if you can spread it to targets then only requires a 25k combustion, which is easier to get.

Deleted
    1 Mio DMG Combustions werent possible in Cataclysm mainly because there was no Glyph of Combustion and it only had a duration of 10sec. I remember getting my Combustion ticking for 85k on Ragnaros HC but i never reached that level again because it was right before the Firemage nerfs in DS. 50-60k were pretty great combustions after the nerfs which resulted in 600k-700k DMG.

Even if combustion is reaching 2mio DMG now sometimes... 2mio DMG is NOTHING. Its two Max-Stack Arcane Blasts critting or ONE Chaos Bolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    1 Mio DMG Combustions werent possible in Cataclysm mainly because there was no Glyph of Combustion and it only had a duration of 10sec. I remember getting my Combustion ticking for 85k on Ragnaros HC but i never reached that level again because it was right before the Firemage nerfs in DS. 50-60k were pretty great combustions after the nerfs which resulted in 600k-700k DMG.

Even if combustion is reaching 2mio DMG now sometimes... 2mio DMG is NOTHING. Its two Max-Stack Arcane Blasts critting or ONE Chaos Bolt.
    Yeah Combustion hits like a kitten compared to the damage we are pumping out now. Both it and Mirror Images need boosts or re hauls IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Yeah Combustion hits like a kitten compared to the damage we are pumping out now. Both it and Mirror Images need boosts or re hauls IMO.
    I wouldn't quite say that it hits like kitten or needs a damage boost. I am already hitting on average 6-8 mil combustions and I am not geared. In bis combustions will hit like an absolute truck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    I wouldn't quite say that it hits like kitten or needs a damage boost. I am already hitting on average 6-8 mil combustions and I am not geared. In bis combustions will hit like an absolute truck
    Yeah I understand in high gear it is back to being what it was last tier, and even better at times. I just subscribe to the train of thought that extreme scaling is stupid, and especially with combustion as any Mage less than 550 ilevel it is a complete crapshoot of a CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Yeah I understand in high gear it is back to being what it was last tier, and even better at times. I just subscribe to the train of thought that extreme scaling is stupid, and especially with combustion as any Mage less than 550 ilevel it is a complete crapshoot of a CD.
    I've got 565 ilvl and combustion is not as powerful as it was last tier. A 200k ignite combustion of last tier is equivalent to a 500k ignite combustion in this tier, and a lot of mages have stacked haste instead of mastery. I'm just glad it's hitting harder than my cloak now.

Deleted
    I aim for 40k combustion ticks, which judging by my ranks (I usually rank 1-15 on bosses on WoL) and looking at other top 10 ranks seems to be pretty much the limit. for average ticks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    I strongly disagree. Even the #1 logs on Thok heroic only have 8.4-9% total dmg done by combustion, and that's including spreading to the bats.

Most kills don't even have over 6-7% combustion damage. I don't think that's huge at all. The only way I can see combustions really hitting hard is with the Garrosh heroic trinket & immerseus trinket, both up at the same time on max stacks, and even then you won't see ticks over 60k.

Feel free to correct me though with logs with ticks over 60k... I can practically guarantee you won't find ANY, unless perhaps chinese logs, since higher ilvl gear.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2013-10-14 at 10:54 AM.

560 ilvl mage here. i've never been able to get an opening ignite above 220k yet. but yea i still dont have the bis trinkets yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naowin View Post
    560 ilvl mage here. i've never been able to get an opening ignite above 220k yet. but yea i still dont have the bis trinkets yet.
    HI NAOWIN! it's kat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Most kills don't even have over 6-7% combustion damage. I don't think that's huge at all. The only way I can see combustions really hitting hard is with the Garrosh heroic trinket & immerseus trinket, both up at the same time on max stacks, and even then you won't see ticks over 60k.

Feel free to correct me though with logs with ticks over 60k... I can practically guarantee you won't find ANY, unless perhaps chinese logs, since higher ilvl gear.
    On our Thok HC kill today I had a 62k combust without immerseus trinket, so it's definately possible @ iLvl 565.
    Log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y0...?s=7704&e=8268

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarim View Post
    On our Thok HC kill today I had a 62k combust without immerseus trinket, so it's definately possible @ iLvl 565.
    It's worth noting that you have a HC WF totem trinket that procced back-to-back during bloodlust (though on reflection the combustion does not benefit from the second proc).
    Last edited by mmocca6d906029; 2013-10-15 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katmage View Post
    It's worth noting that you have a HC WF totem trinket that procced back-to-back during bloodlust (though on reflection the combustion does not benefit from the second proc).
    Do the replicated spells not generate ignite ticks? Or was your point just that it wasn't during the combustion window?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarim View Post
    Your average is only half though. And yea, it's possible to get if you're very lucky, or in practically full BiS which you almost are. (Spellpower wise, and double very high intellect proc trinkets)

I'm just saying that aiming for 60k means you'll only use combustions once every 10 pulls or something. And the person I was quoting was talking about 6-8million combustions, which is like 80k+ ticks.

Even rank 1 logs barely have single combustions over 5 million. I'm fairly certain the poster I replied to is hugely exaggerating or talking about 2+ target combustions.
    Last edited by mmoc130aeee1c6; 2013-10-15 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    At 563 ilvl I'm satisfied when I reach 120k ignite DPS on the pull, biggest I've seen is around 150k ignite DPS, so 500k ignite damage is definitely possible.

Deleted
    Your average is only half though. And yea, it's possible to get if you're very lucky, or in practically full BiS which you almost are. (Spellpower wise, and double very high intellect proc trinkets)

I'm just saying that aiming for 60k means you'll only use combustions once every 10 pulls or something. And the person I was quoting was talking about 6-8million combustions, which is like 80k+ ticks.

Even rank 1 logs barely have single combustions over 5 million. I'm fairly certain the poster I replied to is hugely exaggerating or talking about 2+ target combustions.
    You were claiming it wasn't possible, I just wanted to disprove you :-) .. I don't quite get what my average have to do with anything? aaand I wouldn't really call Cha-ye a high-intellect proc trinket with SoO gear being out.

But I do agree that you definately shouldn't aim for 60k and that 80k is practically unreachable in current gear unless you have the immerseus trinket, skull banner and tricks on the pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Do the replicated spells not generate ignite ticks? Or was your point just that it wasn't during the combustion window?
    I was referring to the intellect proc you get from KTT, not multistrike. The intellect proc from a HC WF trinket is a big buff for combustion. I wasn't clear about that at all. :P

Deleted
    I aim for 40k combustion ticks, which judging by my ranks (I usually rank 1-15 on bosses on WoL) and looking at other top 10 ranks seems to be pretty much the limit. for average ticks.

- - - Updated - - -

I strongly disagree. Even the #1 logs on Thok heroic only have 8.4-9% total dmg done by combustion, and that's including spreading to the bats.

are you talking about average ticks on wol? i consider everything under ~60k on pull bad luck. average ticks throughout the fight obviously are lower than that.

Deleted
    Yeah I think that ignite around 250-280k on pull with 555ilvl feels just right on pull, correct me wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buffmageplx View Post
    are you talking about average ticks on wol? i consider everything under ~60k on pull bad luck. average ticks throughout the fight obviously are lower than that.
    Well, I'm in ~561 illv, and chances of getting 60k+ ticks are very low. Then again, you gain about 10k more intellect from your trinket procs than me, so that's probably why.