Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For my list, in order of importance.

1 - LFR removed for good.

2 - More server "merges" - while I'm on a high pop server it isn't fair that others are in crap. I was on one before xfering to ZJ.

3 - Separate 10 and 25 man raiding - Karazhan to Gruuls/Mags and ZA to SSC/TK again. Flex could be for both to allow for content to be viewed.

4 - Bring back class uniqueness - So what if shaman are the only ones with bloodlust? Or warlocks the only ones with curse of elements. With the separation of 10 and 25s, it would allow for content to be made again around not having all the buffs in 10man while 25s could be designed again around having each class.

5 - More unique fight mechanics - Mage/warlock tanking on bosses, mind control tanking or pet tanking. Let people use those random abilities that never get used.

6 - Redo talent trees - Make them not lame and boring like current ones. Make there be some aspect of choice in them rather than this is for this fight etc etc. These "new" ones were supposed to encourage diversity and all they did was bring everyone to the same spec quicker due to ease of change.

7 - Attunement/gated raiding - Seeing/killing the end boss without an idea of how or why you are killing him is not good for any game, mmorpg or not.

8 - Lore of people we actually care about - As much fun as random panda #5 is as a boss, it'd be a lot nicer if the things we are fighting or questing with actual have a reasonable connection to the players. I personally didn't give two craps about any single panda at any point in this whole xpac. The only lore figures I actually care for are the Klaxxi.

9 - Class based quests/items/legendaries - This cloak thing was just trash, the whole quest line was just plain lame. The warlock green fire quest on the other hand was supposedly really amazing and actually pretty hard. Put those quest people on the new xpac legendary line and we might have a good one.

More unreasonable ones....

10 - Removal of heroic raiding - A return to TBC style of zones. One difficulty for all types of people(minus flex which would be a second difficulty but don't ruin my saying!). The instances would be pretty much like the tier of TBC where there were easier bosses at the start and "heroic" bosses towards the end. No more of this clearing the same place twice thing. When I kill Illidan, I don't want to have to just kill a harder version of him next week for the "real" fight.

11 - Profession rework - Make professions realm wide on your account. If your "main" is a blacksmith/jc, all your chars on the server are the same. Move gathering to secondary so everyone can gather anything they need for said professions. Make them unique again. Currently eng is the only unique prof as it has all the "fun" stuff. No reason that can't be the same for all profs. Give alch people unique potions for buffs or random fun illusion crap where you can turn in to boss models or something. Make leatherworking drums a thing again. Give BS people weapons/armor unique to them, same for tailoring. Making having specific profs mean something outside of the stat bonuses you get.

REALLY FAR OUT THERE ONE...

12 - A system similar to Everquest AA points or Rift Planar attunement - I want there to be something to do to better my character when I log on. I don't care how small of bonus it is. I want something to do when I play outside of raiding that actually is important for my goals, ie raiding. It shouldn't just be for raiding, there should be all types of bonuses you can get.

13 - Veteran rewards of some kind - I've been playing this game since it came out, you(Blizzard) have made TONS of money off of me... give me a little perk to say thanks, is that too hard? Give me a random unique mount every 3 years or a free server xfer every year or a free level 80 for 5 years or 4 hours of 100% for 3 months, any number of things would be just sweet.

That's all I got. I don't overly care what the actual xpac is about as long as it starts moving some things in the right directions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I was going to suggest removing heroic modes so that good players and average or even (gasp!) bad ones would intermingle and therefore help each other out again.

And then I read this.

I agree, lets have super duper hardcore stuff, preferably on locked, non crossrealm servers. "Asshat - Eu" and "Elitist Fuckcrumpet - US" are names I tentatively put forward for them.
    Holy crap, I clearly hit a nerve. Why does everyone deserve everything? I don't get the logic behind that at all. I'd rather have it so LFR players are looked at and people think, 'Hey, LFR player'. No harm done. Then I'd like to see heroic raiders, holy shit I want that stuff, I better fix up find some time to raid and get better at this game. It's healthy for the game on the whole. Blizzard will see a sharp drop in subs at the end of next week, because people feel that 'defeating' Garrosh on LFR is completing the game as there are no real next steps other than just upgrading you gear to the level that every man and his dog has. Sounds great....not.

With the Vanilla and TBC devs back working on WoW, I have a inkling of hope that we will see some love for the hardcore. Last 3 expansions have pandered to terrible players with no intention of improving, lets see Blizzard start showing us more love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    Holy crap, I clearly hit a nerve.
    Nah, i'm mostly teasing.
    Why does everyone deserve everything?
    Why don't they?
    I don't get the logic behind that at all. I'd rather have it so LFR players are looked at and people think, 'Hey, LFR player'. No harm done. Then I'd like to see heroic raiders, holy shit I want that stuff, I better fix up find some time to raid and get better at this game. It's healthy for the game on the whole. Blizzard will see a sharp drop in subs at the end of next week, because people feel that 'defeating' Garrosh on LFR is completing the game as there are no real next steps other than just upgrading you gear to the level that every man and his dog has. Sounds great....not.
    The thing is, you want something you can't actually have. While it is true that some players look at other players and think "i best catch up fast" it's not very many players. The overwhelming response is "meh" and it always will be.
    With the Vanilla and TBC devs back working on WoW, I have a inkling of hope that we will see some love for the hardcore. Last 3 expansions have pandered to terrible players with no intention of improving, lets see Blizzard start showing us more love.
    huh? Wow has been catering to the hardcore to everyone elses detriment for the whole of the game....they've thrown literally everything else under the bus so that raids can continue, even the audience for them was tiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, I clearly hit a nerve. Why does everyone deserve everything? I don't get the logic behind that at all. I'd rather have it so LFR players are looked at and people think, 'Hey, LFR player'. No harm done. Then I'd like to see heroic raiders, holy shit I want that stuff, I better fix up find some time to raid and get better at this game. It's healthy for the game on the whole. Blizzard will see a sharp drop in subs at the end of next week, because people feel that 'defeating' Garrosh on LFR is completing the game as there are no real next steps other than just upgrading you gear to the level that every man and his dog has. Sounds great....not.

Um, because they pay the same amount for the game you do, and you don't get to decide if they are or are not allowed to see content and get rewarded for their effort.

It's a good thing Blizzard understands that. If you ran the game, it would have died about five years back. At best.

P.S. : If you don't know how to read the green text on epics that clearly says "heroic" and "looking for raid", then how are you even doing heroic modes in the first place? I wouldn't take you into a heroic fight if you can't even tell the difference between the two upon inspection. You probably can't notice the difference between the floor and the fire you're standing in, either.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Um, because they pay the same amount for the game you do, and you don't get to decide if they are or are not allowed to see content and get rewarded for their effort.

It's a good thing Blizzard understands that. If you ran the game, it would have died about five years back. At best.

P.S. : If you don't know how to read the green text on epics that clearly says "heroic" and "looking for raid", then how are you even doing heroic modes in the first place? I wouldn't take you into a heroic fight if you can't even tell the difference between the two upon inspection. You probably can't notice the difference between the floor and the fire you're standing in, either.
    I played in a current top 10 25m guild. Try again.

The game is dwindling now because they moved away from the stuff that meant a lot to players. People log in do LFR, log off. New guilds are struggling to recruit players as people are content with doing LFR and the organised raiding scene is diminishing quickly. Blizzard have made a lot of great moves streamlining the game, but they have made some terrible blunders and it's cost them. I would rather have seen Flex instead of LFR as it still encourages social interaction. Flex is pugable and it's a great system. I worked my arse off trying to be one of the best and it payed off. The 10=25 loot for example was a foot down the wrong hole for Blizzard. I don't care about a tag on your gear, I want to see totally different gear models that LFR/normal players can't obtain through their own methods. If they want that gear, titles, mount, cosmetics, skill up the fuck up. If you don't have time, oh well, LFR will have to do or you make time for organised raiding. I haven't played since mid ToT but the only way Blizzard will drag me and the 100s of other people I have met playing in good guilds that quit to return is to reward players for being good. There just isn't anything anymore, no realm first titles, meta mounts are obtainable even after the tier has ended, old titles are obtainable etc.

I'm not saying take anything away from people. That would be wrong, I'm saying give us new stuff as Blizzard gave everything that once meant something to everyone.
    Last edited by mmocd42035da1b; 2013-10-18 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    I played in a current top 10 25m guild. Try again.

The game is dwindling now because they moved away from the stuff that meant a lot to players.
    Well yeah, the game meant a lot to players back when over half of them didn't get anywhere near max level.
    People log in do LFR, log off. New guilds are struggling to recruit players as people are content with doing LFR and the organised raiding scene is diminishing quickly. Blizzard have made a lot of great moves streamlining the game, but they have made some terrible blunders and it's cost them. I would rather have seen Flex instead of LFR as it still encourages social interaction. Flex is pugable and it's a great system. I worked my arse off trying to be one of the best and it payed off. The 10=25 loot for example was a foot down the wrong hole for Blizzard. I don't care about a tag on your gear, I want to see totally different gear models that LFR/normal players can't obtain through their own methods. If they want that gear, titles, mount, cosmetics, skill up the fuck up. If you don't have time, oh well, LFR will have to do or you make time for organised raiding. I haven't played since mid ToT but the only way Blizzard will drag me and the 100s of other people I have met playing in good guilds that quit to return is to reward players for being good. There just isn't anything anymore, no realm first titles, meta mounts are obtainable even after the tier has ended, old titles are obtainable etc.
    The playerbase at large wasn't interested in raiding.

Blizzard finance department (from what can be gathered from blue posts) was putting the kibosh on raid development.

Blizzards dev tesm response to this was to force everyone to endgame ASAP and then only have raids as endgame.

What more do you guys want? Blowjobs?

What more do you guys want? Blowjobs?
    The key to his post is this line:

I want to see totally different gear models that LFR/normal players can't obtain through their own methods.
    He wants to be the only person on the block with a shiny new car.

Deleted
    My wishlist:
    1. Fuck you Greg Street
    2. Fuck you Greg Street
    3. Greg Street, fuck you

Deleted
    Explain to me why anything I have said is unreasonable. All I have seen so far is kicking and screaming from people that are satisfied with playing the easy mode of the game and then reaping all the rewards that someone dedicates a lot of their time to it. I just don't see how people think that is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The key to his post is this line:

He wants to be the only person on the block with a shiny new car.
    Sure, one of the few. Throw in legedaries like Thunderfury, Sulfurus and Atiesh and tie them to heroic modes only. Fantastic. I'd like people to walk around and say, "woah, where did you get all that stuff". Then a conversation starts and you can help someone move forward and improve at the game so they can achieve all that stuff too.

There are massive benefits to this and they would improve the game for everyone. People will be told, 'Get better or you will never obtain this'. People are so terrible at this game, I have a fair amount of patience for people that are learning the game but it's when you get players that are full retard and never learn because they don't have to. Those are the kind of players the game is breeding now and it's really quite sad. The good players got better, the new players never had to learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maskota View Post
    My wishlist:
    1. Fuck you Greg Street
    2. Fuck you Greg Street
    3. Greg Street, fuck you
    This
    Last edited by mmocd42035da1b; 2013-10-18 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Explain to me why anything I have said is unreasonable. All I have seen so far is kicking and screaming from people that are satisfied with playing the easy mode of the game and then reaping all the rewards that someone dedicates a lot of their time to it. I just don't see how people think that is fair.
    I don't think you get what is being said.

People don't want to be playing "the easy mode" of the game, not because they aren't interested in challenge (they aren't but that's a different subject) but because players aren't really interested in raiding to begin with.

It's just that raiding is now all there is. No other content advances your character.
    Sure, one of the few. Throw in legedaries like Thunderfury, Sulfurus and Atiesh and tie them to heroic modes only. Fantastic. I'd like people to walk around and say, "woah, where did you get all that stuff". Then a conversation starts and you can help someone move forward and improve at the game so they can achieve all that stuff too.
    Very rarely happened, even way back when. Your wish is for something that will only apply to one in 200 people, if that. Waste of time.
    There are massive benefits to this and they would improve the game for everyone. People will be told, 'Get better or you will never obtain this'. People are so terrible at this game, I have a fair amount of patience for people that are learning the game but it's when you get players that are full retard and never learn because they don't have to. Those are the kind of players the game is breeding now and it's really quite sad. The good players got better, the new players never had to learn.
    People in general, apart from some rare exceptions, never "got better" and they never will. Your wish is based on a fantasy, on a playerbase that has never existed and will never exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see more information/content about dwarves. I mean, Magni Bronzebeard is still a diamond, and we have learned nothing new about him since cataclysm. (Since he first turned into a diamond). And what about the dark iron dwarves? Are they all friendly now?
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I know this is completely and utterly pointless but since I ended up posting in this thread anyway:

Demon Hunter player class with a dual-wielding tank spec.

Deleted

People in general, apart from some rare exceptions, never "got better" and they never will. Your wish is based on a fantasy, on a playerbase that has never existed and will never exist.
    Its not 'rare exceptions'

People get better all the time. They advance from Clicking to key binding, they discover rotations, they increase their pvp rating, they advance from LFR to flex.

Its the minority of ignorant individuals that spoil the game for themselves, and selfishly the masses when they join a group activity.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Impossible to happen;

1. Remove pandas completely, let us have the stuff we took from pandaria and instead allow people to level from 85-90 in a place they've loved in a sort of scaling system
    2. Purge the whiners and other QQ'ers, and the type of players whom they're all "casual but think they deserve shiny purples for doing nothing" from the WoW community
    3. Return to Old WoW style and no LFR
    4. 4th spec for all classes and let classes more fun to play rather than just redoing 1 at a time.
    5. Player housing

Now for an actual wishlist;

1. Return the need for group quests to allow more social interaction
    2. Less handing out of gear like it is in the Timeless Isle
    3. Add more dungeons and less scenarios (Honestly scenarios are just a lazy excuse from the devs not being able to make scenarios. Scenarios are great for storytelling or for fun things like the troves of the thunder king and not as a replacement for dungeons as I enjoy dungeons more)
    4. The next expansion to be more dark themed
    5. Less LFR dependant and let flex as a better way of gearing
    6. More "connected realms"
    7. Balance PVP more
    8. Pick up some stories unanswered or abandoned like the Draenei or the Forsaken
    9. Add more fun mechanics
    10. Scaling content for older raids etc..
    11. Redo Rogues as they haven't received a major class revamp since forever
    12. New models with sub races such as Wildhammer Dwarves, broken Draenei's and Fel Orcs
    12. As a final, from a user above: Fuck you Greg Street.
    Last edited by enchanted; 2013-10-18 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you people really that blind. Raids need LFR to be as long and as good as they have been this expansion. Without LFR the tiny amount of players raiding doesn't justify raids having anymore then 6/7 bosses each teir. LFR saved big raids. If it wasn't for it we would still be stuck with tiny raids like FL and DS.
    Aye mate

1. New models;
    2. More aesthetyc/customization options;
    3. Item squish;
    4. One or two new abilities (<< this is getting hard to do, but leveling without getting skills is weird);
    5. Leveling in zones like Timeless Isle;
    6. Old raid scaled up content;
    7. An use for old legendaries (like scaled up in phased content. Using shadowmourne during MoP beta was a blast).
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Yes:
    - Limit flying similarly like in MoP.
    - 90-100
    - More dungeons as well as more interesting dungeons, perhaps a new difficulty, similar (or even harder) than challenge modes, but with loot, no downscaling gear and no timer and obviously no queuing for it, get a group and fly.
    - Varied leveling/max level outdoor content. Mix of weekly quests, dailies and timeless-isle style things. Maybe more event driven (think 5.3).
    - Item squish (about time!)
    - New player models! If not at launch then rolled out throughout the expansion.
    - More world bosses, rare mobs, events and cool stuff out in the world. This also means more danger to the world.
    - Remove/limit (perhaps only have half the instance) LFR. Push more people into flex/normals.
    - "Spellbook" style way of storing "fun" items.
    - New Tol Barad/Wintergrasp world PvP zone. With some x-realm tech to balance unbalanced servers.
    - Do something about low-level heirlooms. I don't mind leveling being fast for those who wish it to, but oneshotting everything is not fun, completely screws lowbie PvP and ruins leveling dungeons.
    - Improved weather effects and a proper day/night cycle! How come this has gotten worse and worse ever since it was implemented in vanilla...?
    - Make professions less generic, more to do and harder to level (575-600 at about the same price and effort as 75-100, wut).
    - Do something about button bloat. Focus more on what can be removed than what can be added.
    - I overall like the new talent tree, but it feels really boring when you level now, maybe have a mix of both?

No:
    - More gear down-scaling. WoW is an MMO, more gear is supposed to make you better. It works to an extent for PGs and CMs, but it's getting too much.
    - 4th specs for everyone, it works for some classes (like a shockadin spec for paladins, and maybe a shaman tank), but 4th spec for some classes just won't fit. It's already hard to make 3 fun and balanced specs for some classes.
    - Player/guild housing. Just no. Blizzard have been working hard to get the world populated, let's not screw that up.
    - Underwater/underground zones. If The Dark Below is it, let's have it set somewhere that not "Below".
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    My wishlist is simple.. High Elves playable, Spellbreaker (or Battle Mage) as next class, Actual talent trees, New Models, Alleria return, Valeera return.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lor_Azut View Post
    My wishlist is simple.. High Elves playable
    High elves would just be blood elves remodeled... just allow them as a sub race for blood elves.

Deleted
    Cool topic some place to purge some ideas - though I doubt many of them are actually feasible ^^... So I'm trying to be a bit more specific:
    On my expension my heart rate would increase if:

1: Onyxia must come back of course.. Not seen here during all of Pandaria, which is a big fail... This time as a spectral drake or something, inside a big room with eggs around it that hatch and spawn untargetable adds.. Soft enrage: don't get too many adds. Achievement: Get many, many, many (more) adds...
    2: Parties/Raids become a bit more versatile based on the composition. Eventhough a lot of spells have been copied to other classes, pursuing more uniqueness would be really cool (also hard to balance). But I would love to see talent specializations have more influence on compositions... E.g. grant fire mages a spell that gives the team a (small) fire DoT to their weapons. Give holy priests some ability that he passes on the raid and if the raid performs e.g. healing actions, grant the healers additional healing power.. These buffs don't have to be huge, but with some visual backup this might make groups a bit more different once again .
    3: New hero classes and races is easy to ask for, but I can imagine also a pain to implement from a development and balance point of view... Though very tough, it'd be cool to have some kind of rebellion / civil war within a faction for instance involving a race (e.g. blood elfs being disbanded for treason).. Probably temporarily, but it'd be a cool twist..
    4: Did I mention that Onyxia should make her return?
    5: Accidents happen of course.. So add some areas where people can actually get hit by crap.. I mean, you can drop of a cliff and get fall damage.. You can dive underwater and die/choke.. But you can fly through a thunderstorm that won't do anything.. So areas where there are thunderstorms, tornado's, scary woods with roots that will choke you for a bit every now and then. It shouldn't be constant damage though, but really incidental.
    6: Also mentioned a few times, but the influence of night / day would be cool to. Also try to adjust the npc's with this.. So night-animals during the night and vice versa.
    7: Onyxia?
    8: Add a 'university' to the game, where we can gain a new currency called 'knowledge', with it we should be able to play around a bit more with professions. E.g. Store a profession and learn a new one. Make this 'knowledge' bound by time (e.g. 1 course per weekly reset) to avoid people switching between profs continuously. This will take the stress away from keeping up multiple alts.. E.g. make it that if a player consistently attends a course each week for about 6-8 weeks, he gains enough points to store a profession and level a new one. Stored professions are useless, unless you store another one. Sort of an exchange program.
    9: World bosses --> attacking major cities. And yes, if not coped with properly cities should be partially destroyed (like stormwind during cataclysm).. After a city is destroyed it takes x-amount of time to be rebuild (so we get e.g. the city walls with a lot of repair dudes). We want chaos during a city attack, NPCs running/screaming over the streets, fortune tellers yelling 'its the end of the world'.. yes mass-chaos would do! Of course, everything is cool when you just form a group, kill the world boss and gain some lootz! Again, when having multiple different world bosses, it'd be cool to reset them weekly, but if they're killed pike their heads inside the cities, so people know which one has already visited the city (unless it didn't die).
    10: And of course definetly On... well you get the point
    Last edited by mmoce0b47278f9; 2013-10-18 at 12:57 PM.