In the Halls of the Thunder King

Hi

I've been trying to get this achievement for weeks now and I always find some way to fail at the saurok. I'd really love some advice on how to kill it. I'm a ret paladin and it's my offspec, so my gear isnt all that great. I also tend to get frazzled while chasing it and do dumb stuff, like fatfingering my spells since I don't play the spec all too much. I'd really love to find ways to make it as foolproof as possible. Should I use Seal of Justice? Repentance or ranged stun? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, because failing at this every week is getting very discouraging.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're human, use your Every Man For Himself and stun then burn him. If not, use the PVP trinket to get out of the stun and kill. You'll want to use SoT as usual with FoJ talented.

No link to character so no way to check gear/reforges.

I do not play my Pally often but i did it on incredibly bad geared rogue at the time. Did not even try hard.
    Correct me if i am wrong on what mob is CC'ing immune to.

This is going via the assumption that your reforges are correct(Click here for Optimal dps reforges/gems and enchants), Seal of Justice and that you have the following talents.

Talents:
    Speed of Light
    Evil is a Point of View (Daze)
    Clemency
    Holy Avenger
    Execution Stance

Firstly, I would build holy power on mob. Get inquisition up and full holy power. (Repentance)
    Note: Not sure if DoT damage breaks Repentance. If so, deactivate Seal till after Repentance

Activate chest.
    Open stun(Hammer of Justice).
    Pop all dps cd's. (Avenger's Wrath. GoAK, Holy Avenger, Execution Stance) Spamming of Hammer of Wrath, Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict
    Nuke mob Hard.
    When Stun is at 1 sec.
    Judgement to Daze.
    Pop "Speed of Light" when he starts out running you and Refresh Daze constantly

If you run into any Slowing affects.
    Hand of Freedom has 2 charges because of Clemency.
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2013-10-09 at 07:30 PM.

That's sort of what I was going for, Sanguinezor, except with SoT and I forgot untalented Hammer of Justice's short range and it got away from me. Not sure what you mean with "Evil is a Point of View (Daze)" since it just makes Turn Evil able to fear humanoids and beasts too. Maybe you're confusing that with something else?

Tbh my biggest problem is that I get frazzled and fuck up. And with only 1 shot per week I'm not going to get enough repetition to get around that any time soon. That's why I'm looking for a plan that's as foolproof as possible. :P

If he's affected by Seal of Justice, does he run slow enough to keep up without speed boosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Prese View Post
    That's sort of what I was going for, Sanguinezor, except with SoT and I forgot untalented Hammer of Justice's short range and it got away from me. Not sure what you mean with "Evil is a Point of View (Daze)" since it just makes Turn Evil able to fear humanoids and beasts too. Maybe you're confusing that with something else?
    Was looking for the Daze that pallies used on me. Didnt know they changed the talent.
    Used to be this:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#b!

All you need to do is calm your nerves. You know exactly what he will do and how to stop it.
    Just get your keys simplified in the order you will use them.

Macro's help:
    Name a Macro something like "CD poppin' "
    and Enter
    /cast Fist of Justice
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /cast Execution Stance
    /cast Holy Avenger

and Bash it once to get all your Cd's flying with 1 key press.
    I assume Seal of Justice should work since it seems like they moved my previously mentioned talent choice to it.

I have not been to the Isle of Thunder in awhile but check the vendor as well for items that you can buy to help.
    There is a leap item that i know of specifically

Yeah, I used all those items and even managed to frost trap him at the start. Then I hit him and broke it, planning to stun him afterwards, and he outranged Hammer of Justice really quickly. Then I just completely fell apart. :P

There's certain kinds of stressful situations that I just deal with really badly and this manages to hit most of my worse points. Nothing I can do about it except repetition, and at once a week I can't really get a real feel for it.