Need macro to leave party but not instance group

I am looking for a macro that will cause me to drop the party I'm in without making me leave my instance group. The goal of the macro is for me to be able to stay in a proving grounds instance that lets me teleport in and out of the instance while I camp a rare spawn on the timeless isle, getting invites from friends to join a party to see if the rare is up on their realm. The only script I've been able to find so far is /script LeaveParty() which causes me to drop the instance group but not my party. Any help would be appreciated!

Not possible, LeaveParty is the only API provided by Blizzard, afaik.

You could try
    /kick <name>
    when you got lead in your group, but I guess this does not work while in an instance group.
    Last edited by Crudor; 2013-10-09 at 10:20 PM.

This is the way it works, you have to leave your instance group before you can leave your home group.

What they are referring to is actually the teleport, that can take you in or out of a dungeon.
    I use it regularly if waiting for a replacement group member.

There is an API for that, but might require a parameter passed to it.
    See if this works as it is, both for porting out, and for porting back in.

Code:
    /run LFGTeleport()

Thank you, but the goal is to be able to drop party so that I can get another person to invite me to a different server to check the rare spawn. I am already able to teleport while in a party & instance group. The workaround I have been using so far is to ask people to kick me from the party, which leaves me in the instance group and let's me be invited to another server, but doesn't work if the other player goes AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What they are referring to is actually the teleport, that can take you in or out of a dungeon.
    I use it regularly if waiting for a replacement group member.

There is an API for that, but might require a parameter passed to it.
    See if this works as it is, both for porting out, and for porting back in.

Code:
    /run LFGTeleport()

Fair enough, I misunderstood the intent here.
    Just seems that unfortunately it requires a kick.