Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    No, hunters have both benefits of ranged and melee with none of the downsides. Their mobility is out of control. The only thing they don't offer is a raid CD in terms of healing or damage reduction. They also bring double immunity and unique buffs like AOE sunder. They are gods on a completely different level. Single target and aoe is competitive...
    youre giving hunters too mcuh credit, we are in a decent spot atm but far from gods. melee friendly is most os SoO just need to know when and how much to pull out and its no real problem at least for feral.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    youre giving hunters too mcuh credit, we are in a decent spot atm but far from gods. melee friendly is most os SoO just need to know when and how much to pull out and its no real problem at least for feral.
    I lied, warlocks are gods, hunters demigods (damage-wise). The frustrating thing about hunters is they do the same thing irregardless of the situation spamming the same buttons and mindlessly following their target with no thought of movement/positioning. Bad design

The only melee hurting this tier are dks/windwalker. Melee really need to calm down and take their frustration out on the outlying classes that are broken. That being warlocks and mages damage-wise and hunters class mechanics.
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2013-10-10 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    This whole conversation begets the favored aspect, seeing as the only reason it matters whether or not an encounter is friendly for ranged or melee is because in HC guilds melee or ranged will be sat for progression on bosses which favor one or the other.
    Which to most people is not going to matter. Everyone here can't pretend they're in a guild that can afford to sit an entire swath of classes in favor of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    The ability to move and not stop dps? The ability to not worry about being interrupt while casting by movement or an interrupt? Ranged are limited by casting, being silenced, interrupted or moved at any time. Aside from very few spells, ranged cannot move one bit while attacking (hunters are in their own class).
    That is an advantage, yes, but I believe you're grossly over-exaggerating that advantage over what most ranged are capable of now. The ability to move and DPS is only advantageous to melee if they can move while staying within range of the boss, which simply is often not the case. Furthermore, I certainly would not call that a huge "melee perk" considering hunters (still a ranged class and your ignorance doesn't change that) also have that advantage and many ranged classes have pets or are extremely DoT heavy. I don't think the "perk" of being able to DPS on the move off-sets the ability to multi-DoT everything on Protectors for example.

Regardless, as I've already said (and others mirrored), almost every encounter becomes easier as you stack ranged, while conversely becoming more and more difficult (to the point of becoming borderline impossible sometimes) as you stack melee.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post

For what it's worth, I thought Throne of Thunder was, other than a couple of bosses, very melee-friendly. And also very ranged-friendly. And that's a good thing. They both need mechanics to deal with and neither should be majorly punished for those mechanics existing.
    I found ToT to be fairly decent for melee. I didnt have to much issue with it. But that may be because they made it to that so many abilities just did not target us. Which in itself is horrible design. Even with melee not being affected by certain abilities, it did not make melee any more attractive to bring.

I do like it how they did not go with the same way of dealing with it in SoO. It feels cheap and ranged use it as a cop out and doesnt solve any problems.

If Dark Shaman didnt exist, id be a lot happier. Although I guess a lot of people would be. Theres very little room between survival and death in that fight if something goes wrong and for melee more so, its very dependent on how everything is positioned.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-10-10 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I found ToT to be fairly decent for melee. I didnt have to much issue with it. But that may be because they made it to that so many abilities just did not target us. Which in itself is horrible design. Even with melee not being affected by certain abilities, it did not make melee any more attractive to bring.

I do like it how they did not go with the same way of dealing with it in SoO. It feels cheap and ranged use it as a cop out and doesnt solve any problems.

If Dark Shaman didnt exist, id be a lot happier. Although I guess a lot of people would be. Theres very little room between survival and death in that fight if something goes wrong and for melee more so, its very dependent on how everything is positioned.
    The core problem with ToT was that other then Qon there wasn't really a fight where you wanted melee but you wanted range for every fight and that Ra-den became the most melee unfriendly fight I think in the history of this game just ended the tier leaving a bad taste in mouth of melee.