Poll: Does your guild make extra raids mandatory?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does your guild make Flex and/or LFR mandatory?

I'm curious, how many of your raid leaders insist that you clear Flex and/or LFR each week for extra gear to use in normal mode?

My guild makes Flex a requirement, and organizes weekly runs of it on top of our 3 day a week normal schedule. LFR is also encouraged but is not mandatory. Because of this I'm already getting sick of Siege of Orgrimmar and we're only a couple of weeks in to the patch...
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-10-09 at 10:55 PM.

We encourage everyone to run Flex, and we organize a cross-realm group with other friends and their guilds, so they don't have to go through the hassle to find their own group (and know the competency level of the group they're with)... But no one is required to go.

But, then, we're a casual bunch, and during the week we all have varying work schedules and/or tiny humans to look after. As long as people pull their weight in normal, we don't see a need to enforce more time constraints on them. ^.^ I can see the benefit of it, but at the same time, it can also be a lot to ask.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm curious, how many of your raid leaders insist that you clear Flex and/or LFR each week for extra gear to use in normal mode?

My guild makes Flex a requirement, and organizes weekly runs of it on top of our 3 day a week normal schedule. LFR is also encouraged but is not mandatory. Because of this I'm already getting sick of Siege of Orgrimmar and we're only a couple of weeks in to the patch...
    Find a new guild, yours is terrible. You're not a casual guild if your leadership is making flex mode mandatory.

We run two flex groups per week, one for mains and one for alts (thought he two may be joined together soon), and neither are mandatory. I've opted out from time to time to do other things on those days. LFR isn't even done by most of our main raiders, anymore.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is far from being hardcore, but an extra raiding night was added to include Flex raiding. But mind me, i'm having loads of fun because unlike on usual raiding days when we focus to progress, on Flex nights we try to find new and silly ways to clear it, like the "let's see how many more packs of adds we can pull before we wipe" games, or drinking raids, when we have to take a shot whenever we mess anything.

So even if it is encouraged, every member is not obligated to show up for Flex night, but so far i've done it ever week as my group makes it fun and i would be doing anything else in the game otherwise.

Run ToT Heroic (it was nerfed with 5.4) and get better gear than LFR and probably fewer wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why normal guilds would make you run flexi. That gear would give you a huge advantage on bosses. Mine is already half way into heroics so there is no point for flexi gear.
    Aye mate

I'm hesitant to say we "encourage" it because I think that carries a slight implication of expectation. But, we realize most of our raiders care enough about our success that they do everything they can to contribute, which means maximizing themselves, which means filling in gear slots with flex. To facilitate this, we organize Flex runs on some of our off nights. But, again, they're 100% optional and only official raid nights count.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I don't know of our GL "making" us run it, but it seems like every raider who wants to do their best will run LFR and Flex until such a time as LFR and Flex don't drop anything that is an upgrade for them. I know I do. Same with killing Celestials/Ordos/Huolon/Haunted-boat.

I got lucky - REAL lucky, and now have 4PC T16 (all normal mode of all things!) but still would be upgraded by a better helm, rings, and trinkets. So I run LFR/Flex each week, and will do so until my gear is better than what LFR or Flex can provide.

My guild requires that you run them if there are upgrades for you in there. If you do not run them and can use upgrades from it they bench you. But honestly not many of us need any thing from even flex. We do run a flex group once a week but its mainly alts.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    All the raid groups in my guild run flex on non raid nights, its not really mandatory but everyone tries to be there. Usually we have the opposite problem of having to turn people away because we have too many wanting to go. We have two normal raid nights and 3-4 flex nights usually. While flex is not mandatory people who don't make an effort to go and gear up are noticed by officers/raid leaders.

Deleted
    Neither. Mostly because we are working on heroic modes, and pretty much everyone was completely decked out in HC gear from ToT, so the only reason to go flex is for tier. Considering I don't even want the normal t16, I still haven't done any LFR in SoO, and only did the first wing in flex once to help out some of the other guildies.

We do quick guild LFR clears before our raid for the first few resets when a new raid comes out. Gear + seeing the encounters and avoiding the headaches of the first few weeks of LFR are some of the benefits. Works for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild requires LFR but not Flex because I'm the only one in my guild. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    My guild requires LFR but not Flex because I'm the only one in my guild. :3
    What is the point in that? You might as well go play single player games.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    This poll really e=needs to be redone with each of the choices having a guild type option, i.e. ""heroic Raid, flex mandatory". It's one thing for a guild that wants to clear heroics quickly to require people to run flex, but it's very much another for a normal mode guild who's fairly casual to demand the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    What is the point in that? You might as well go play single player games.
    WoW is a single player game to me because I don't like guild drama and all my friends have quit or gone on a break until the next expansion.

I don't see what the problem with this is.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

We scheduled a night "for Flex" so that we can run it together, but it's not mandatory attendance, just set up so that we don't have to worry about pugging it. If people can't make Flex, that's no big deal.

I wouldn't say we require either Flex or LFR. That's purely the guild member's decision to do or not do.

Our guild sets up Flex groups with a friends guild, but its not mandatory.

We do flex runs on Tuesdays, but they're not mandatory. Most people still show up and do them though, but atm it's mostly alts and friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully, no.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."