Ret PvP Weapon Question

I actually have 2 questions. First, how badly would I be gimping myself if I bought the pvp polearm? Agility still gives some crit, right? I mostly just do random bgs, but I do arenas and RBGs for fun at times. I love paladins and polearms. I can't help myself.

Second, when at the honor quartermaster in townlong, why don't I have the option to purchase the polearm or the 2h mace? I didn't think the weapons had class requirements on them, but I have been away from the game for a while. If I didn't use the polearm, I would use the mace.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Deleted
    There are no 2h Maces added for Honor this season ... Don't know for Polearms. You can buy a 2h Sword or Axe and trasmog it to 2h mace, if you want to have a look of a mace.
    If you equip a Polearm as a Ret Paladin, your dmg would drop for maybe 2%? It's not such a huge difference:P Agility gives you barely noticable amount of crit ...

1558 strength is 3116 attack power, which is quite a massive amount to lose for just aesthetic reasons. You'd be looking at a sizable damage loss, less healing, and a drop in parry as well. You'd only gain a very marginal amount of crit.

You don't have the option to buying those pieces of gear from the vendors because the polearm is not class tagged for paladins (it being an agility weapon) and there is no 2-handed mace this season.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can buy the polearm if you want to, the vendors just have a filter these days.
    Just pick "All" in the top right, like this:

15+ Year Old Account
    Buy the strength sword/ axe and transmog it to a polearm. If you REALLY want it to look like that polearm, you know what you'll be spending the following two week's worth of Conquest on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Buy the strength sword/ axe and transmog it to a polearm. If you REALLY want it to look like that polearm, you know what you'll be spending the following two week's worth of Conquest on.
    Can you mog polearm to axe/sword?!
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Can you mog polearm to axe/sword?!
    I don't think so. I tried to do it the other day and I got a message saying it had to be the same type of weapon.

Thanks for the info, guys. I guess I'll be getting the axe or sword.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    get a Polearm will severely Gimp you.

nearly 3.5k Atkpower, is about 1/8th of our Atk power. that is a big percentage.

If you're really set on using a polearm as a paladin, try to get this; http://www.wowhead.com/item=105112

Even the LFR version, if fully upgraded 2/2, would likely provide better damage than the PvP polearm.

You will still be gimped somewhat by the significant loss of PvP power, but I don't think it would be as bad as going for an agility weapon.

Use Tmorph if you so desperately want a polearm, but don't gimp yourself with rubbish agility.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle