Iron Juggernaut for disc

Hey all,

I play as a disc, I'm 5/14 on normal and 10/14 on flex.
    My ilvl is 520 and I have the T16 2pc bonus, and I could top heal on the 5th boss, but on Iron Juggernaut my heal was so weak.
    Hardly ever I stay behind in heal from my others healers from my party, (hpaly 540+ and rdruid 530+) but in this fight they heal a lot more from me.
    In flex I could heal more than them in all fights less than Iron, and in normal it is equal, but now the different are more than in flex, =/

What are you doing on iron ? Are you suffering like me ? Is there any solution or can I change my play style to increase my throughput ?

Actually my top heal are DA, Atonemant, SS or DS then PoM.

In this fight I can't use DS properly then I have tried Cascade and Halo, but it doesn't help so much.
    I'm having so much troubles to spam my smite. I have gotten DI to help on bomb fase, Hardly ever I could use 4 PoH with SS opened.

I'm trying to have archangel for bomb fase, trying to pop out a critical shield, but it hurts my mana.
    I really don't know what can I do to increase my throughput, my heal is weak if I cast him without any buff.

I run with 6k spirit a spirit trinket, 25% mast and crit, 3.5K haste.

Actually the heal was not the problem, we have tried twice, but I was touched by my weak heal on this fight.
    Last edited by Rangoo; 2013-10-10 at 02:55 PM.

Only druids should be capable of beating disc on juggernaut. Just spam atonement (smarthealing to counter the sudden bursts of damage), and Halo on cooldown to top people off with divine aegis shields. PoM on CD in seige mode, and spot-shield to save people from dying.
    Always use archangel on CD with the new 2 set (or at worst, delay it a few seconds to time with a Halo).

Are you 10m? 25m?

It could be the lack of gear, but there is a log from the first or second week when I was 530lvl and I had the meta. I had no 2pc either.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7068&e=7480

I had to rely heavily on PW: Shield and atonement due to the movement factor. I'd use Halo whenever I had a meta proc OR there was a lot of low health people.

AA once you have the 2pc should be used on CD with NO exceptions. Are you using IF?

It's hard to tell what's going on without logs or an armory link.

ye,
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A4ngo/advanced

I don't have logs sorry.
    IF on CD and AA too.
    I don't know why I don't have a good throughput only in this fight =P

I miss ToF and we are not stacking, then my DS doesn't do a great job, my pt appear like a roach running on the room, and sometimes I need to break my cast to avoid damage, there is no safe place to stay on the room. Maybe it is a position problem, I'm not having a good position to free cast.

That ilvl is wrong I don't know why the armory things it, I have pvp items on my bag but I'm not wearing them.

My DA is low and my atonement is very low, I will try to make logs from this fight.

I know I'm using stupid trinkets but it doesn't drop.
    Actually I'm thinking to get the isle trinket, to benefit my crit, I don't know if I can use that trinket as a healer.

it is a 10m

thanks.
    Last edited by Rangoo; 2013-10-10 at 03:50 PM.

Glyph of PW: Shield. Burn it. With fire, preferably. Bonus points if you get it deleted from the game.

You have low spirit with only the Relic for mana return (no meta, no horridon trinket). Switch those red gems to int/spi and int/crit. Gem crit in yellow sockets. Try to get ~9k ish spirit before meta.

The isle trinket is worth it, I think. Crit/int is better than the volatile one, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Glyph of PW: Shield. Burn it. With fire, preferably. Bonus points if you get it deleted from the game.

You have low spirit with only the Relic for mana return (no meta, no horridon trinket). Switch those red gems to int/spi and int/crit. Gem crit in yellow sockets. Try to get ~9k ish spirit before meta.

The isle trinket is worth it, I think. Crit/int is better than the volatile one, that's for sure.
    Why do you hate so much this glyph ? I like that.
    What do you suggest ? I don't like to use binding heal, actually it is not binded in my bar, I prefer to use PWS.

If I need to change that glyph I will have two free slot on my glyphs.
    I have tried glyph inner fire but on normal I have died, on flex I can get a bomb.

Why should I get more spirit if I'm not running out of mana in the fights ?
    I'm using mindbeard on CD, trying to use mindbeard with HoH and when the others healers are confortable to heal more, I do a less heal in a short window to save mana, offcourse if OOM is a problem I will reforge for more spirit, and if the others healers are not confortable to keep players alive I will burn my mana to heal but it doesn't happen yet.

actually hardly ever we have died because there is not enough heal.
    Last edited by Rangoo; 2013-10-10 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you're healing with H-Pal + R-Druid, I'm pretty sure your raid will benefit a lot more from your big 100% shields than that 20% heal (that can/will prolly overheal tbh, unless you're shielding only low health ppl, aka after they take some big hit).

On normal I could soak a bomb with PW:Barrier (yay, all 3 stacked) + PW: Shield. Fade glyph can help a bit too.

Something I found really nice was to pre-cap Spirit Shell the bomb soakers, so they'd take little to no damage (with a PW:S)

Glyphed Binding Heal is situational. You can find uses here. But, with 6k spirit and no meta gem, you'd be OOM real fast.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

The glyph is a healing loss, actually. I highly suggest a personal defensive glyph, like Glyph of Fade, or Glyph of Inner Sanctum.

I am surprised that you mana isn't an issue, but if that's the case. Reds --> Crit/Int, Yellows to Int. Keep purples as is until you have enough spirit.

Are you flasking spirit? You should not be. Better to get spirit on your gear and eat Int.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    Since you're healing with H-Pal + R-Druid, I'm pretty sure your raid will benefit a lot more from your big 100% shields than that 20% heal (that can/will prolly overheal tbh, unless you're shielding only low health ppl, aka after they take some big hit).

On normal I could soak a bomb with PW:Barrier (yay, all 3 stacked) + PW: Shield. Fade glyph can help a bit too.

Something I found really nice was to pre-cap Spirit Shell the bomb soakers, so they'd take little to no damage (with a PW:S)

Glyphed Binding Heal is situational. You can find uses here. But, with 6k spirit and no meta gem, you'd be OOM real fast.
    Uhmm, I understood. Since we are not stacked on this fight, on fase bombs my barrier can't get more than one, I will suggest it for my party.
    I will try to change this glyph, to prevent the overheal.

The glyph is a healing loss, actually. I highly suggest a personal defensive glyph, like Glyph of Fade, or Glyph of Inner Sanctum.

I am surprised that you mana isn't an issue, but if that's the case. Reds --> Crit/Int, Yellows to Int. Keep purples as is until you have enough spirit.

Are you flasking spirit? You should not be. Better to get spirit on your gear and eat Int.

I'm flasking int and eating int, I really don't know why I'm not running OOM, a lot of priests are running with 9~10k spirit, and when I have tried it I have seen I was finishing the fight with more than a half mana, then I start to reforge to mast and crit, and I have tried to go with 5k spirit but it was not so good. Actually if my mindbeard don't hit full time or if I forget to pop him out, I see my mana down really quickly, but if I do it I don't have mana problems, but I'm 5/14 on normal maybe on nazgrin or malkoroth I can have a mana problem.

Until here mana was not the problem, and I need to change my head to use my meta, but it doesn't drop. head and trinket are something I can't drop.

Well I can't say why without seeing logs.

Further reading:

howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1837

I just spam atonement on him, then mending/cascade/pw:s during phase 2. Gets 100k+ hps in 10man with barely any effort. That was at 540, at 520 you should still be getting 85-90k+ easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    Does Glyph of PW:S take that 20% away from the absorb for the heal? I always assumed it was 100% shield + 20% heal, so like 120% total. Am I wrong? (my priest is a low level alt.)

Yes, it takes part of the absorb amount and converts it into healing.

So 80% shield, and 20% healing. Quite often overhealing.

Yes, it takes part of the absorb amount and converts it into healing.

So 80% shield, and 20% healing. Quite often overhealing.
    Oh, was it like that in Cata too? Thanks.

It used to be 100% shield + 20% heal. It got changed to 80% shield + 20% heal.

Deleted
    We killed this yesterday - I don´t have 2pc bonus and no legendary back..

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=9123&e=9569

Use attoment for normal phase mostly, PoM, PW:S on tanks or to save poeple from dying. Used cascade(lower CD) instead of Halo on CD to make DA on people.

On second phase i start with barrier - after fitst pulls IF+SS - PoM - some PW:S - after second pulls just shielding and before third pulls cascade again.

Works pretty nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangoo View Post
    Hey all,

I play as a disc, I'm 5/14 on normal and 10/14 on flex.
    My ilvl is 520 and I have the T16 2pc bonus, and I could top heal on the 5th boss, but on Iron Juggernaut my heal was so weak.
    Hardly ever I stay behind in heal from my others healers from my party, (hpaly 540+ and rdruid 530+) but in this fight they heal a lot more from me.
    In flex I could heal more than them in all fights less than Iron, and in normal it is equal, but now the different are more than in flex, =/

What are you doing on iron ? Are you suffering like me ? Is there any solution or can I change my play style to increase my throughput ?

Actually my top heal are DA, Atonemant, SS or DS then PoM.

In this fight I can't use DS properly then I have tried Cascade and Halo, but it doesn't help so much.
    I'm having so much troubles to spam my smite. I have gotten DI to help on bomb fase, Hardly ever I could use 4 PoH with SS opened.

I'm trying to have archangel for bomb fase, trying to pop out a critical shield, but it hurts my mana.
    I really don't know what can I do to increase my throughput, my heal is weak if I cast him without any buff.

I run with 6k spirit a spirit trinket, 25% mast and crit, 3.5K haste.

Actually the heal was not the problem, we have tried twice, but I was touched by my weak heal on this fight.
    Glyphed PWS reduces your healing from PWS considerably, because the heal part has much higher overheal, then the absorb. So it is quite frankly terrible.

You must use ToF for this fight. DI is bad here, because most of the damage taken is on the raid.

At your gear level, you will need a lot more more than 6k spirit, to beat palas and druids on juggernaught. The only way is to PWS lazer burns on p1 on top of PWSing the tank for rapture, then load up spirit shell before p2 starts and abuse PoM/PWS+Glyphsed binding heal. If you just atonement spam p1 and burst in p2 with just PWS/penance/solace spam, then unless you are well above 540 ilvl druids and palas are going to smash you.

I am personally considering running 11k spirit next time I do juggernaught instead of 9k like I normally run, because in p2, you absolutely have to burn mana hard.
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2013-10-12 at 08:51 PM.

I have kind of the same issues for Jugs, I found holy to be a bit better.