Deleted

Granting Levels to Alts?

Would this be something people would welcome? The idea being that once you get to max level, you can continue to gain xp and lvls but rather than this applying to that character, it creates a reservoir of levels that you can grant to alts. Rather than having to say take time away from raiding or whatever else you're doing for 95% of an expansion's life-cycle you can do that, and also create a new alt. Players being inexperienced at playing certain classes could well be a problem, but the system could be restricted so you can only grant levels to a class providing you have another character of that class, at that level.

Not really sure if I'd be up for this myself but it's a thought I just had.

if it's to speed up alts, a few days ago I saw someone's idea about an exponential increase to alt experience gain based on how many characters you have at max level.

so if you have one character at max level, your alts get a 1% experience bonus, but if you have 10 characters at max level, they get 300%.

I'll google it and come back with a link.

EDIT: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10161136580
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd welcome anything that gets my alts to max level faster, especially if it's a matter of rerolling a different class.

Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

During this patch? No. During any patch that follows the Timeless Isle model? Definitely not. Leveling is one of the few things that makes it worth logging in at the moment. Why even be at max level on yet-another-alt unless you plan on running three or more different complete flex runs a week and normal/heroic and LFR? At least leveling delays the inevitable "yay... time to log off again" moment.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    During this patch? No. During any patch that follows the Timeless Isle model? Definitely not. Leveling is one of the few things that makes it worth logging in at the moment. Why even be at max level on yet-another-alt unless you plan on running three or more different complete flex runs a week and normal/heroic and LFR? At least leveling delays the inevitable "yay... time to log off again" moment.
    You'd still be able to level up normally if that's what you find fun. It could even be made to take a similar amount of time, the only difference being you don't have to take time away from your character if you don't want.

One thing that would be necessary is repeatable, but changeable content at max level to prevent things getting too repetitive.

Personally I would love to be able to experience end-game content with my friends on multiple characters, I don't have the time to level multiple alt's. To me this is a great solution and I would love to be able to grant extra levels to my alts to get them where they need to be so that I can experience that with my friends and their alts. I know it's another instance of catering to the "casual" but I really enjoy being able to play more than one character at the end-game without having to devote 25-35 hours for each alt to get to 90 not to mention the gear grind that ensues.
    Last edited by Zlebar; 2013-10-10 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Blizzard really should simply adapt the PTR model, and let players make pre-mades. Let's be honest. A good chunk of the community won't be happy until it happens, and it would save a bunch of development time.

No. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    No. Just no.
    Why not? I mean just saying no doesn't really add much to the conversation. I can think of a few reasons why not. Number1 they have the Elixir off Krol, and Heirlooms, and RAF. Would all of that stack with this exponential increase in exp? Would blizzard allow this past lvl 84? I dont think so for the last part. Also how would it work for each level? Not ever level has the same exp requirements. Whats a granted level worth at level 1 as opposed to level 83?
    Last edited by Reverence; 2013-10-10 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Also how would it work for each level? Not ever level has the same exp requirements. Whats a granted level worth at level 1 as opposed to level 83?
    That part's easy. RAF just stores levels as levels. Period. You can just grant them directly with no experience involved.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

F2P games often have a paid exp transfer service. You should understand, that time = money and if you economizing your time, then devs losing their money and this should be compensated. But as Wow is not F2P game, it will never happen most likely. While I like the idea of being able not to split between enjoying results of your work and keeping feeling of progression (you know, that leveling alts just for sake of leveling alts sometimes feels like pointless process), I love process of leveling too, so I would rather get rid of endgame grind via making more things account wide.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Why not? I mean just saying no doesn't really add much to the conversation. I can think of a few reasons why not. Number1 they have the Elixir off Krol, and Heirlooms, and RAF. Would all of that stack with this exponential increase in exp? Would blizzard allow this past lvl 84? I dont think so for the last part. Also how would it work for each level? Not ever level has the same exp requirements. Whats a granted level worth at level 1 as opposed to level 83?
    Potentially you could just store up experience rather than levels.

To be honest, levelling is the least of my concerns when speaking of alts. Sure, it may be a chore when you talk to the same panda for the 7th time; but the thing I have the greatest gripe with is the lack of proper catch-up mechanisms. I don't see what good would be getting your alts to 90 instantly, if they're never going to get their legendary cloak, and are doomed to running LFR for several weeks until you can become useful for your guild.

So, personally, I'd be against insta-levelling; if anything, the thing that needs working on is the viability of alts once they are max level.

I think I'd be okay with just paying Blizzard a set fee to just create a character at 90 -- or even something like 80/85.

I'm fairly confident that I can learn how a class/spec functions without hindering dungeon groups at max level, and I'd much rather pay $100 or so than go through the ~60 hours of in game time it takes me to get from 1-90.

This is an excellent Idea, I say throw it on the Official Forums and see what you get for a response. I hate leveling, always have and always will. So If I can do what I enjoy in this game (PVE endgame) and also gain levels for my alts to do more of what I enjoy, then im all for it. The people not knowing how to play a class because they didn't level it is a joke, that is what Icy-veins and sites like it are for. Besides Id want to use it for the 5 characters I have sitting at 85 yet.

im done with leveling with soooooooooooooo many alts.

it is not fun anymore whatsoever. i welcome any change that speeds up the leveling of my alts. cuz i still love alts, but hate the leveing prosess!!!! soo freaking boring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    This is an excellent Idea, I say throw it on the Official Forums and see what you get for a response. I hate leveling, always have and always will. So If I can do what I enjoy in this game (PVE endgame) and also gain levels for my alts to do more of what I enjoy, then im all for it. The people not knowing how to play a class because they didn't level it is a joke, that is what Icy-veins and sites like it are for. Besides Id want to use it for the 5 characters I have sitting at 85 yet.
    I'm not subbed at the moment so I can't