Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Draenor is in the present

I know a lot of you have been confused about how this all is going to work and I have been telling you at blizzcon they said old Draenor is literally being moved into the present. Here is my proof If draenor was in the past still it would only have 1 (maybe two) moons that are intact. We shouldn't see anything like a broken planet unless it was in the twisting nether... or... if that is Outland. Look it over its a big broken planet with large chunks of it destroyed. Seems like a good possibility to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if that were the case, it gets tricky with KJ and the Legion showing up. Unless Garrosh just happened to snapshot Draenor after Mannoroth landed. But then there'd be 2 KJ's in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Well, if that were the case, it gets tricky with KJ and the Legion showing up. Unless Garrosh just happened to snapshot Draenor after Mannoroth landed. But then there'd be 2 KJ's in the present.
    Well the legion wont be playing a very important role in this game so I would imagine they just got kicked out or something. Besides not sure KJ was physically present on draenor we only know he appeared in visions and as their ancestors but that may not require a physical presence. Either way blizz answered this... sort of. "We were clever" - chris metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    Besides not sure KJ was physically present on draenor we only know he appeared in visions and as their ancestors but that may not require a physical presence.
    He had a throne and everything.

Either way blizz answered this... sort of. "We were clever" - chris metzen
    I don't doubt they can come up with something... but there really isn't anything they can write that will hold up to the scrutiny of the internet. People will tear apart anything they write to find holes. Myself included.

I don't think anything can hold up to the scrutiny of the internet lol. But this fits with what blizz has been saying during blizzcon and being able to see the potential future of their own planet hanging above them in the sky? that's badass.

im calling it thats outland it makes sence

Well the legion wont be playing a very important role in this game so I would imagine they just got kicked out or something. Besides not sure KJ was physically present on draenor we only know he appeared in visions and as their ancestors but that may not require a physical presence. Either way blizz answered this... sort of. "We were clever" - chris metzen
    he was there physically, right when he had the orcs drink Mannoroth's blood.

And how can Garrosh and the Iron Horde kick out the Legion?

I don't think anything can hold up to the scrutiny of the internet lol. But this fits with what blizz has been saying during blizzcon and being able to see the potential future of their own planet hanging above them in the sky? that's badass.
    Blizzard specifically said that Garrosh travels back in time with the help of a time-traveling buddy of his.

It's just confusing people because they're saying this isn't a time-traveling expansion. As in it's not about time-travel or time itself... just that it's a means of accessing the true story of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post

They could still be there for all I know im just positing ideas. However blizz has outright stated not to worry about double characters as they were "clever" well just have to wait to see wtf that means.

legion it self was not there just Kil'jaeden

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    And Mannoroth. And all the demons they handed out for the orc warlocks to use.

Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    On top of what Aquamonkey said, do you think that Kil'Jaeden wouldn't bring more people to wipe out the orcs who are audaciously saying "No, we don't want that blood. Fuck off."?

10+ Year Old Account
    They could still be there for all I know im just positing ideas. However blizz has outright stated not to worry about double characters as they were "clever" well just have to wait to see wtf that means.
    IIRC, it was a response to someone asking if Velen would go back to meet himself. I understood it as Blizzard knee-capping Velen so he has to stay in Exodar.

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of what Aquamonkey said, do you think that Kil'Jaeden wouldn't bring more people to wipe out the orcs who are audaciously saying "No, we don't want that blood. Fuck off."?
    Um, I thought Garrosh went back in time WAAAAY before the deal was even going to be made, like 2 years or something. The only one that so far has kept communication with KJ is Gul'dan. So, the deal hasnt happened and isnt going to happen because the Orcs dont need the deal, when they have a kickass warmachine with Garrosh. Atleast thats what I took from it so far. Gul'dan is, the only one thats bitter and pissed that the deal wont go through later on, because Garrosh fucked him over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Um, I thought Garrosh went back in time WAAAAY before the deal was even going to be made, like 2 years or something. The only one that so far has kept communication with KJ is Gul'dan. So, the deal hasnt happened and isnt going to happen because the Orcs dont need the deal, when they have a kickass warmachine with Garrosh. Atleast thats what I took from it so far. Gul'dan is, the only one thats bitter and pissed that the deal wont go through later on, because Garrosh fucked him over.
    Yeah that's about the time period Warlords is set.

Check the thread of conversation friend. I'm not saying that Gar Gar is actually cutting off the deal with Kil'Jaeden face-to-face :P

So, if im following, this is a new timeline, the moment he (Garrosh) changed the past a new timeline was created. Our old (current) timeline still exists, but the new one is dominant because of the changes Garrosh has made (sorta like Back to the Future 2). If that is the case, I kinda want to see what Azeroth in that timeline looks like, think about it, no demonic orc invasion, no legion invasion, most likely no Lich King, Arthas maintains the throne marrys Jaina....that differences are just staggering. I personally love the idea of this expac, but then again, Im a big fan of the Back to the Future trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourigan View Post
    So, if im following, this is a new timeline, the moment he (Garrosh) changed the past a new timeline was created. Our old (current) timeline still exists, but the new one is dominant because of the changes Garrosh has made (sorta like Back to the Future 2). If that is the case, I kinda want to see what Azeroth in that timeline looks like, think about it, no demonic orc invasion, no legion invasion, most likely no Lich King, Arthas maintains the throne marrys Jaina....that differences are just staggering. I personally love the idea of this expac, but then again, Im a big fan of the Back to the Future trilogy.
    It seems that Garrosh somehow connects the dark portal to an alternate past, which we will change, but it wont matter, because it's not our past, it's an alternate past. Then when the portal closes the past we messed up will be gone forever. That's my take on it anyway.

I doubt they'd let us explore the alternate past's future...there would be two WoWs then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It seems that Garrosh somehow connects the dark portal to an alternate past, which we will change, but it wont matter, because it's not our past, it's an alternate past. Then when the portal closes the past we messed up will be gone forever. That's my take on it anyway.

I doubt they'd let us explore the alternate past's future...there would be two WoWs then.
    Could be cool, in a scenario may be? That way, it's outside the main story.But it probably won't happen.

Interesting. Could this be a mistake on Blizz's part or a deliberate call?

It's a different timeline and we are not going to the past on that Draenor, that Draenor is how Draenor would be now without the legion getting a real foothold.

Garrosh goes to the past, prevents the blood drinking and starts organizing the horde, making it his Iron Horde. However the first invasion does not happen, nor the second, in stead they build up the Iron Horde without speeding up growth of the young with fel magic and such. Neither did he let them massacre the Draenei in the Legions name. In stead years of training to make real warriors. They do not open their side portal with non-fel magic till current time and manage to connect it to our Azeroth. So the warlords we see, are years and years older then what we saw them as in war 1-2-3.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    It's a different timeline and we are not going to the past on that Draenor, that Draenor is how Draenor would be now without the legion getting a real foothold.

Garrosh goes to the past, prevents the blood drinking and starts organizing the horde, making it his Iron Horde. However the first invasion does not happen, nor the second, in stead they build up the Iron Horde without speeding up growth of the young with fel magic and such. Neither did he let them massacre the Draenei in the Legions name. In stead years of training to make real warriors. They do not open their side portal with non-fel magic till current time and manage to connect it to our Azeroth. So the warlords we see, are years and years older then what we saw them as in war 1-2-3.
    No, this is still 30 years past alternate Draenor, just before the fall of Karabor.