Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What would you like to see in mounts in the future?

This topic is for all you mount lovers. What would you like to see implemented in mounts in the coming future?

Here are 2 ideas that I have in mind

1) More Vehicle Mounts: The Flying Machines(Exclusive to engineers), the Choppers(Alliance and Horde variants), the Trike(Horde only), the rockets(Gnome and Goblin Enginner versions) and the Sky Golem(Along with the Mimiron's Head and the Mini-Juggernaut) gave a bit of a Steampunk flavor for World of Warcraft. But in the future, I would like to see more vehicle-based mounts in WoW. Something that is more of a shout out to Starcraft vehicles like tanks, and Wraiths.

2) Mount Combat: This is something that should be done in a future expansion: The ability to attack while on a mount. It would add an interesting flavor to World of Warcraft. Not to mention some mounts could benefit from having added abilities(Ex: The Sky Golem could have a claw attack while the drakes would allow you to breathe fire(Red/Black), utilize spells(Blue), or heal(Green). Some mounts would be perfect for tanks, Melee, Ranged and Healers.

Mounted combat would be great.

Not vehicles like in ToC, but simply you on your mount.

Maybe you get an action button based on your mount type, but in general you still have all your abilities.

Your mount would have a % of your health that needs to be eaten away in order to dismount you (10%?), but until then you can fight as you normally would on foot.

They would also have to change flying mounts so that they work like Flight Form otherwise it could lead to some very bad aerial QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SaburoDaimando View Post
    This topic is for all you mount lovers. What would you like to see implemented in mounts in the coming future?

Here are 2 ideas that I have in mind

1) More Vehicle Mounts: The Flying Machines(Exclusive to engineers), the Choppers(Alliance and Horde variants), the Trike(Horde only), the rockets(Gnome and Goblin Enginner versions) and the Sky Golem(Along with the Mimiron's Head and the Mini-Juggernaut) gave a bit of a Steampunk flavor for World of Warcraft. But in the future, I would like to see more vehicle-based mounts in WoW. Something that is more of a shout out to Starcraft vehicles like tanks, and Wraiths.

2) Mount Combat: This is something that should be done in a future expansion: The ability to attack while on a mount. It would add an interesting flavor to World of Warcraft. Not to mention some mounts could benefit from having added abilities(Ex: The Sky Golem could have a claw attack while the drakes would allow you to breathe fire(Red/Black), utilize spells(Blue), or heal(Green). Some mounts would be perfect for tanks, Melee, Ranged and Healers.
    giving mount abilities will mean people will probably only use 1 mount, because 1 will be the most OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another mechanical mount would be cool. Maybe a spider-like mount like you see gnomes using. Or were those just mobs? Other mounts I'd like to see include:
    .Green Drake
    .Infinite Drake
    .another (deep) sea mount (obviously not a seahorse)
    .Makrura?

I really can't think of any others

Omg yes spider mounts

I want no brown metallic saddles and armor plastered over absolutely everything. Or lamps dangling from poles or carpets draped over them. I love mounts like the corrupted hippogryph because they are clean of all that crap. I am apparently weird like that but I feel the brown horde saddle ruins mounts like Ashes.

So yeah, I would like at least an option to strip my mounts from "decorations".

I'd really love to see a gold-sink mount. DRAGON! Real dragon with all colors. One of them would cost like 700,000 gold, it would have 3 or 4 seats (general vendor, reforge, repair - the vendors would be replaced by players as they jump in).
    Or well, they'd be a part of an optional quest chain, whole expansion-long. Killing bosses on heroic, then gathering some things from old raids (soloing content), and eventually paying 700k gold to get a real, rideable dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    roc mount
    green drake
    apatosaur mount
    cleft hoof mount
    thunder lizard mount

Snail mount, Like Whizzig in the Timeless Isle

Guild mount with 25 seats. Not allowed to land in cities (for obvious reasons).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Still hoping for spiders. Until then, the AQ battle tank is the next best thing.
    Good point. Why haven't we seen spiders yet?

Don't really have any ideas myself. I am quite happy with whatever Blizzard throws at us. I do appreciate that steampunk feel too though, so yeah, more mechanical mounts would be cool.

5 person giant mechanical spider a-la Wild Wild West.

Bonus points if it makes a Kevin Smith reference in some way.

Player Mounts (like using other players as a mount):
    - Piggy-back mount
    - Princess-carry mount
    - Fireman-carry mount
    - A size increasing feature that massively enlarges your character thus increasing run speed to a mount-speed, then disables on hit, in combat, or something like that...
    they would work great for machinina and RPing

As for Creature Mounts:
    - A Shark (or a variety of shark mounts)
    - An Orca
    - A Giant Walrus
    - A Stag/Moose, not a Druid, a regular one
    - A Old God spawned floating tentacle monster, complete with randomly placed eyes, teeth, and mysterious maddening whispers...
    - A flying Nyancat
    - Diablo 3 Whimsyshire Elite-based mounts

As for Crafted Mounts:
    - A Rolling Balancing Ball
    - A Rolling Log
    - A Po-go Stick (Engineering-likely)
    - A golem that you can ride on the shoulder of (JC or Blacksmithing likely)

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    roc mount
    green drake
    apatosaur mount
    cleft hoof mount
    thunder lizard mount
    Oh yes, more dinosaur mounts! And more dinosaur zones-South Seas stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am a little bored of reskinned dragons and reskinned drakes.
    i would love to see flying mount rigs that are currently not in the game yet at all. (but i wonder what such mounts might be. . .)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I'd love to see racial ground mounts with banners on them (like the l25 guild mounts) with either the guild crest or the matching race's crest on it, i'd use the guild reward mount, but i play alliance and riding a lion is pretty meh-looking IMO

Or just an inventory item that as long as it's in your bag adds the matching banner to whatever mount you happen to be using.

Scaling them appropriately to the size of your character would be nice.

Little is worse than a tauren on a chocobo.

A few attacks per class being available would also be nice, and put an interesting spin into world pvp.

I want Hodor for a mount
    Have A Nice Day (HVND)

Deleted
    flying wasp mount please

A guild mount that is a drake adorned in armor and bearing either the crest of alliance or horde. The model can be kinds closer to storm drakes with spikes and stuff, dark red with red accents for horde and blue with golden accents for alliance. Rewarded from obtaining all legendary weapons.

Personally I would still like to see ground mounts sped up and flying slowed down. Flying mounts have the advantage of keeping you safe from everything but guards and some mobs in Outland, no need for them to also be the fastest. Want to get somewhere quick? Run. Want to avoid everything? Fly. As it stands, you just gimp yourself using a ground mount.

Also putting all flying mounts in BGs, but ofc unable to fly. Drake jump animations already exist.

Account wide challengemode and PvP mounts. And more mounts tied to personal achievements like the Garrosh Wolf. Heroic guilds farming just for the mount for more people is tedious. Rare mounts still drop randomly, like Ultra or Elegon mount. An once content isn't current, the ones on achievements are added with a drop rate closer to Blazing Drake.