Request: Blood DK - Endless Wave Guide!

How do you get past #9 in the Endless Waves, the damage is simply too much for me to handle, even with remorseless winter and fortitude they rip me a new hole.

This is the DK I use:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lenax/advanced geared for mastery.

Been trying to find some Blood DK guide to all the waves, but only able to find guides for warrior in paladins ( http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8508 )

Have no Death Knight written any useful guides at all?
    Last edited by Nelle; 2013-10-11 at 06:02 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    How do you get past #9 in the Endless Waves, the damage is simply too much for me to handle, even with remorseless winter and fortitude they rip me a new hole.

This is the DK I use:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lenax/advanced geared for mastery.

Been trying to find some Blood DK guide to all the waves, but only able to find guides for warrior in paladins ( http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8508 )

Have no Death Knight written any useful guides at all?
    That's where I use Army of the Dead. When the monkeys appear, grip them into the mass, stun them with Asphyxiate and focus most of your damage on them.

Someone who have done up and above Wave#30 should really write a list of what CDs to use on what wave and a short guide on how to handle it:

#1 __

#2 __

#3 __

#4 __

#5 __

#6 __

#7 __

#8 __

#9 __

#10 __
    And perhaps even put it on the WoWhead post, sad only Warrior and Paladins have done that so far. There must be some skilled Blood Death Knights out there who is ready to spill the beans for us peons who play them as alts.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2013-10-11 at 06:38 AM.

clarity

Hi

I'm going to quickly write down what talents/cds/gear that I used for attaining wave 56 as a blood DK. Please note that I haven't experienced much with different ways of doing this, so what I'm doing might be quite sub-optimal. Please note that I play on European servers from Australia, so I usually have somewhere between 300-400ms, but a lack of fast reaction time usually isn't that big of a deal before the latter waves.

I gear mainly for avoidance because I'm using my CM gear for PG, but I think a mastery build could be equally (if not even more) viable as it's mostly about survival and not damage. I really recommend running at least one stamina trinket and stamina food and flask.

The talents I use are fairly standard, just make sure to pick up both stuns (Asphyxiate and Remorseless winter) and I also prefer to have Purgatory and Death Pact to help me in a pinch when I mess up.

#1: Simple Wave, I Bone Shield 10ish sec before the wave start and use no other cds

#2: Here I use Dancing Rune Weapon and the Shado-Pan Assault trinket around 6-7 seconds into the pull (around the time I start dropping a bit in health). I then taunt the first add that spawns in and use Remorseless Winter and use my other stun on the last add.

#3: Death grip one of the casters in. Interrupt the first fireball he casts, then stun him on the second. I usually use AMS to safely move the adds into a patch of fire, but it's honestly not very important as you got a long time to kill them off.

#4: I used Dancing Rune Weapon as the big guy enrages while at the same time stunning the flying mob with Asphyxiate. Once the next add spawn I taunt him in and use Remorseless Winter.

#5: I will usually have the flying guy still up when this wave start so I just stun him when there is 1 sec left on the timer. As the caster casts his AoE spell position the mobs into the fire using AMS. Once he is done casting use Death Grip to pull him into it. Using Vampiric Embrace is ok here, but make sure you use it early as you will want it up for the next pack.

#6: This is (in my opinion) the toughest wave. I've tried finding a reliable way to use Army here, but been unable to find something that works as either the other cds will not come off at the right time (when I Army at the start). Or I risk getting knocked around when I use Army later. Either way, here is what I do:

I use outbreak on the middle mob then Dancing Rune Weapon right before the mobs get to me, then blood boil and death strike. Now I sometimes use Vampiric Embrace and Rune Tap straight away if I take a ton of damage, but other times I can save these cds. A few seconds after all the mobs have knocked me away I use Icebound Fortitude and make sure Remorseless Winter goes off a couple of seconds after IbF ends. After this ends it should be pretty straightforward as the first add is dead. Use Death Pact if needed.

#7: I always have at least one of the flying guys up when this pack spawns. As the mobs approaches I use Asphyxiate on the one with the highest remaining HP. Make sure to dodge the AoE stun and use Empower Rune Weapon as the big mob enrages and you should be fine. As the enrage wears off I usually use Remorseless Winter. Also feel free to use Vampiric Embrace here as you shouldn't need them on the next wave.

#8: Easy wave, make sure to let the fire cast go off and position all the mobs but the caster in the fire (whenever practically possible). I also like to stun the final add a couple of seconds before the next wave starts (if he is still up).

#9: One of the toughest waves. I use Dancing Rune Weapon (and usually Shado-Pan trinket) as the mobs approaches, then IbF right after it goes off. Also learn where the adds will spawn from and move the mobs around (clockwise) so that you can pick them up where they spawn. After IbF wears off start Remorseless Winter and use Army while the mobs are stunned. Grip/taunt the other mob that spawns into the army if needed.

#10: Let the first cast go off for the fires. Interrupt the next cast and move both mobs into fire using AMS (if needed). Use Asphyxiate on the caster when the big mob enrages and use a cd like Death Pact to make sure you survive the enrage. Dodge the AoE stun, taunt the Ambusher that spawns and then use Remorseless Winter and dancing Rune Weapon when their cds run out.

As mentioned above, this is in no way meant to be a optimal way of doing PG, but it should be good enough for wave 30 (at least). If you got any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the detailed post, I'll give it a test-ride tonight after raid!

Of all the rounds, I get stuck on the 6's the most, not the first one, but 16, and so forth, they just give me trouble, I'll try and use your tactic though, and see if I'll be able to get around it. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. That wave by far is my hardest to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by kiblermission View Post
    Of all the rounds, I get stuck on the 6's the most, not the first one, but 16, and so forth, they just give me trouble, I'll try and use your tactic though, and see if I'll be able to get around it. Thanks a lot for the suggestions. That wave by far is my hardest to get around.
    A few added techniques which are great on wave 6 are the use of Salyin Battle Banner, rocket boots, and allowing the mobs to travel to the npc before taunting them as they knock you back and continue to kite in a circle around the outside of the room.

I open the same way Maulscreech describes, however, after remorseless winter I begin to kite and can save IBF for the beginning of wave 7.

edit: for reference I've gone up to wave 74 and my tactics seem repeatable for quite a few more rounds after that, always just silly mistakes.