Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Let me guess... Aredone? Blizzard almost officially sanctioned his behavior. Sorry.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Multiboxing isn't griefing, but killing npcs over and over can be griefing. I seem to recall a thread on here about someone getting a small ban for killing an npc over and over in Hellfire Peninsula.

I killed off a multi-boxer in an EoTS before. Think he was 5 boxing. 1 Rsham and 4 Ele. I managed to kill the healer, and I'm assuming the program he used to mimic keybinds from the primary account(the healer in this case), none of the others worked while he was dead. The other 4 just sat there.

Granted he took note and it didn't happen again. Was still fun watching him melt entire groups of people.

I remember one time there was a multiboxer with several DKS in Hellfire Peninsula unleashing chaos at his path before resilience made baseline.

Flask + food buff + pot + pve gear + fury 2 handers + bladestorm + recklesness + banner + bloodbath etc etc

6 seconds later all of his dks were dead. Fun times

I am not sure about now, but back then cleave did the trick.

Deleted
    To the op: That sounds absolutely brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Isn't Darkspear like 85% Alliance and the most active PVP server bar Tich?
    Depending on what you mean by active, I think that multiboxer came from KJ which is among the most balanced PVP servers and that 40man multi boxer would ether get their ass handed to them or players would just ignore them. Most of the time that multi boxer would sit outside a city in an easy to defend area just lagging up the place and not actually do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Is that the Multiboxer that used to be Kil'jaeden? He used to be called Aredone, but I know he changed the name.

The Horde miss him on Kil'jaeden...
    As a hord I did not enjoy going about my business to be hit with obnoxious lag just by being in proximity of them and their AoE spam which is against ToS.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-10-11 at 07:16 PM.

Blizz has stated that multiboxing is not against the rules. They have also said corpse camping on a PvP server (PvP being the key here) is not against the rules. Therefore doing both together is not against the rules either. Sorry OP but you rolled on a PvP server and you must live with the consequences.

Signature Created by Jassinta

$600 a month is nothing for some players to spend, some facebook games have plenty of players who spend over a $1,000 a week, not hard to believe WoW would have some big spenders in this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really isn't an issue.

Hell, world pvp used to pretty much be this...and still kinda is(When it happens).

Whats the difference between a 40+ boxer, and 40+ people from a guild camping an area?
    Absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiboxing by itself isn't griefing, but to screw the game up for somebody else, repeatedly, over long periods of time, is essentially griefing.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post

Hell, world pvp used to pretty much be this...and still kinda is(When it happens).

Whats the difference between a 40+ boxer, and 40+ people from a guild camping an area?
    Absolutely nothing.
    Well the main difference and a big one is getting 39 others to do this at the drop of a hat, multiboxers get that 40 instantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    Well the main difference and a big one is getting 39 others to do this at the drop of a hat, multiboxers get that 40 instantly.
    It's still 40 characters in game. Seeing a 40+ boxer is pretty darn rare... atleast on my server, I'd say it's only a bit less rare than seeing an actual raid of 40(...ish).
    Last edited by seam; 2013-10-11 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post

Absolutely nothing.
    Multiboxer's spells and abilities are completely perfectly synchronised and target the same enemy at the exact same time because it uses third-party software to relay keystrokes accross clients. It's no where even close to coordination between people actually controlling one character each (not cheating).
    It's allowed because it's $$$$$ for Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Multiboxer's spells and abilities are completely perfectly synchronised and target the same enemy at the exact same time because it uses third-party software to relay keystrokes accross clients.
    It's allowed because it's $$$$$ for Blizzard.
    How is this different from a 40 man group who all attack the same target? "It's at the same time!" ...does that change anything?

If anything, it's WORSE than a 40 man group, because if they went against a 40 man group they would lose due to all attacking the same target.

get 4 blood dk's to chain aoe grip them to the edge of the wall and have an ele shaman thunderfuck them off the edge.

problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by jadenprince View Post
    For those that say this isnt griefing i found this on the WoW wiki : Griefing refers to the act of a player ruining the gaming experience of another player on purpose (though this is debatable from one server to another - see below). The most obvious form of griefing is constant stalking of a player.
    It is indeed griefing is that and im getting sick of multiboxers camping and lagging the server its really starting to irritate multiple other people in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    $600 a month is nothing for some players to spend, some facebook games have plenty of players who spend over a $1,000 a week, not hard to believe WoW would have some big spenders in this game.
    I think the number of people who have $52,000 of free income a week is pretty rare if at all. You realize a person who earns 100K a year would only have around 55-65K "NET" income. It seems highly unlikely, they would take every spare penny and drop it on a facebook game. I cna see maybe once or twice spending 1-2K, I can't see a sustained 1K a week
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-10-11 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diason0512 View Post
    It is indeed griefing is that and im getting sick of multiboxers camping and lagging the server its really starting to irritate multiple other people in the process.
    Are you on a PvP realm? Yes. Are they engaged in PvP? Yes. Then Blizz says it's fine.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Lol. Glad he's on your server now.

Btw I'm pretty sure he went to your server because he was getting raped on Kil'Jaeden. You guys just need to get organized. He is super easy to kill with an organized group.
    Last edited by ThunderPussy; 2013-10-11 at 08:39 PM.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with this, it's always Darkspear Alliance killing people at the Dark Portal before they load in anyway.