Deleted

Me be confused...

Ok, so here is the "problem".

When i check on Ask.MrRobot it tells me to go full mastery (i´m elemental btw) but when i SimCraft it i get that haste is best stat.
    I´m not sure what to do...

Here is my armory link btw: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...udner/advanced

P.S. I´m abit tired so i might have missed something obviuse and in that case i appoliguise for wasting your time.

You're not supposed to stack one stack if you have the legendary meta gem

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18504304

AskMrRobot uses the info you give it. You shouldnt be using the default settings, thats just a very general and broad guideline.

Step 1 - Sim your character and allow Sim C to get your stat weights.
    Step 2 - Go to AskMrRobot and set up custom stat weights. Enter the values Sim C gave you.
    Step 3 - Now let the robot do its thing.

If you want to get even more accurate results you would:

Step 1 - Sim your char and allow Sim C to run reforge plots for you, so you can see exactly how much haste / mastery you should have.
    Step 2 - If Sim C said you should shoot for 13k haste for your peak dps, then set the custom stat weight in AskMrRobot to force haste to 13k > mastery > haste, etc.
    Step 3 - Let the robot do its thing.

Little hard to explain, but the jest of it is AskMrRobot is just a calculator. You need to input the correct values before letting it do its thing.

Deleted
    Ah right. Should have thought of that.
    Lesson is that you shouldn't try and fix your char when tired.

It revolves around the meta-gem (LMG) basically.

Do you have the LMG?
    No -> Haste > Mastery
    Yes -> Mastery => Haste

Generally Haste > Mastery up until 550 item level, but because of the LMG you can reduce the threshold.

I'm at the 538 item level and doing fine using mostly Mastery since the LMG picks up where the Haste left off. They tend to be equal on single-target fights, but Mastery pulls ahead much farther during cleave and area of effect fights (which there are a lot of this tier).

Deleted
    Single target they might be really close, but at cleaving mastery pulls ahead like crazy, so it's not worth going for mastery, since there are lots of add fights in soo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    AskMrRobot uses the info you give it. You shouldnt be using the default settings, thats just a very general and broad guideline.

Step 1 - Sim your character and allow Sim C to get your stat weights.
    Step 2 - Go to AskMrRobot and set up custom stat weights. Enter the values Sim C gave you.
    Step 3 - Now let the robot do its thing.

If you want to get even more accurate results you would:

Step 1 - Sim your char and allow Sim C to run reforge plots for you, so you can see exactly how much haste / mastery you should have.
    Step 2 - If Sim C said you should shoot for 13k haste for your peak dps, then set the custom stat weight in AskMrRobot to force haste to 13k > mastery > haste, etc.
    Step 3 - Let the robot do its thing.

Little hard to explain, but the jest of it is AskMrRobot is just a calculator. You need to input the correct values before letting it do its thing.

A question, for the reforge plots, should i just check haste and mastery or some more?

Quote Originally Posted by Megingjord View Post
    A question, for the reforge plots, should i just check haste and mastery or some more?
    Just haste and mastery. Running with 3 takes forever and the graph will be harder to read. That, and you won't be gemming or reforging for crit, anyway, so you don't need to include it.

I have LMG, I find in my current gear that 35% haste seems to be a break point on every sim I've run since 5.4, and I suspect that has to do with how much time I spend at/below GCD lock.

The issue is our stat weights vary pretty heavily depending on your current gear. Just an ilvl or two will throw everything through a loop. Unless the difference is significant, I wouldn't recommend changing everything every time you get a piece of gear.

Like for example, last night i switched from full primary stat gems to haste because simcraft told me too, and now it just told me I need an extra 500 master instead of haste and it will gain me about 860 dps. So more gems for me to fix tonight.