Question about bombs

Hey all,

I am wondering when is the best way to refresh your bombs (excluding frost bomb of course)

For LB:
    To refresh it whenever it falls out, ive also heard to refresh it right before the final tick? Doesn't the LB explosion happen either way if you reapply it before it expires?

For NT:
    Don't know anything about this, some info would be appreciated

thanks.

for living bomb that is correct. it also extends the time as well.

nt is a normal dot. clip it on the last tick. keep active on as many targets as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    nt is a normal dot. clip it on the last tick. keep active on as many targets as possible.
    Keep in mind though that it's kinda hard to perfecly line up your casts with the final tick. Anyway I don't worry to much about it, it's not like i wait alround doing nothing just to get the perfect reapply on it.

Would it be better to clip NT with like lets say 1.5s left? or just let it fall off for a bit (half a cast maybe) and then re-apply? Assuming that trinkets and everything and the DoT power would be the same

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyspeed View Post
    Would it be better to clip NT with like lets say 1.5s left? or just let it fall off for a bit (half a cast maybe) and then re-apply? Assuming that trinkets and everything and the DoT power would be the same
    Depends on the spec and your buffs, for most situations refreshing early is worse than refreshing 0.5 too late..

So what im getting at here is:

LB: Refresh it right before it explodes, correct?
    NT: Doesnt seem to matter?

Another question: How much of a dps loss is it to let a bomb fall off completely and reapply it? (taking into account no procs will affect the reapplication)

Any time after the last tick is fine to refresh (this includes if it falls off). I suggest getting something to track the ticks of your bombs(I use ForteXorcist http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/fortexorcist ). Living bomb ticks much less often than NT so it's a lot easier to clip it after that last tick.