Doubt about norushen

Hello everyone. My guild is currently 2/14h, and since we killed the fallen protectors in our last try yesterday, we never did any attemp on norushen heroic. The problem is, we only have sunday and monday to clear the rest of SOO since a lot of people still need itens, specially the ones that are sitting out in the heroic fights. We raid 2 and a half hours a day, so we will have 5h. Is norushen heroic that hard? or its manageble to be killed in like 1h of trys? Im searching for consistent information about him to talk with my RL to give norushen some shots on sunday, if its not that hard.

Besides that, if anyone can tell the best comp for our core for this particular boss, we have:

Prot Pally
    Blood DK

Resto Druid
    Resto shammy x2
    Disc Priest

Mage fire
    Moonkin
    Lock Destro
    SP
    Rogue x2 (assa and combat)
    War fury

Thank you for your time =)

Comp really shouldn't matter.
    Pretty much what you want to do is send in one tank and one healer right away (this fight can be 3 healed, we 3 healed it our first kill before the change doing the fight properly) to clear their bar. You also want to send in one dps right away as well. The dps will be coming out before the tank and healer will. Kill the add, have the next dps going in soak it and then go in right away. If your dps is good you will have 2 dps out before the tank is out. As soon as the tank and healer are out, the other tank and healer go in to clear (if 3 healing, a healer can go in early as well, just soak an orb that a dps would normally take and a dps can go in early. Try not to have 2 big adds out at once). At 50% just have a healer soak the orbs.

Deleted
    We wiped maybe 40+ times on Immerseus, 4 shot norushen in the last hour of a raid - he's ridiculously easy now.

Literally the easiest heroic right now, stack kill adds, when all of your dps is purified lust and burn. We have our tanks soaking all orbs, we also send our disc down first with the first tank. We 2 shot it I believe the first week we were on it.

resto shamans is rly strong on this fight due to sustained aoe dmg and most of the raid camping in healing rain. bot othern then that take your best players.

id reccomend sending down 1 healer, 1 tank and 1 dps directly at pull, then dps 1 ata time as fast as u can manage and the 2nd tank.
    have the healers and tanks soaking all the orbs. The enragetimer is a joke since after they changed him so you can probobly 3 heal him now if ur dps is up to it.

They made him function exactly the same as he does on normal, so if you're guilds handling everything quite easily on normal then its the exact same thing with everything tuned a little higher.

The fight is the same as normal except Damage and HP. So if you can kill it on normal you just need gear to kill it on HC and considering Fallen Protectors enrage is harder than Norushen I'd say you should be able to do it.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

we did norushen progression last night

first pull enrage at 16m hp, second at 2m, killed it on the 3rd.

We actually had a lot more trouble with Norushen than Immerseus, Fallen Protectors or Iron Juggernaut.

We're 25-man though, I imagine it's a lot less of a mess to pick up adds and soak orbs before someone gets killed on 10's.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Took us longer for Norushen than Immerseus, Protectors, Sha, Galakras, Juggernaut, and Shamans heroic. Most wipes were to enrage or big adds coming up too fast and gibbing dps or heals b4 a tank could pick it up. Pace is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    We wiped maybe 40+ times on Immerseus, 4 shot norushen in the last hour of a raid - he's ridiculously easy now.
    pretty much the same. had a dc healer on first pull and got the boss to 9% and wiped due to enrage, after that some 1-3 stupid tries then kill. if u can kill protectors you can prob faceroll norushen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    We actually had a lot more trouble with Norushen than Immerseus, Fallen Protectors or Iron Juggernaut.

We're 25-man though, I imagine it's a lot less of a mess to pick up adds and soak orbs before someone gets killed on 10's.
    Same. And yeah I think thats just one of the inherent differences from raid size. 10m you send 1 dps at a time so you won't really get multiple adds up. 25m to get your dps purified by 50% you are sending 2-3 at a time so you can have multiple adds/orbs pulsing plus when there is only 1 tank out its entirely possible to not have enough taunts.

@OP
    I don't think its relevant how much time it is going to take you. If you can spare an hour and still clear normals, then you should use that hour. If you don't kill it, then you just saved an hour of learning from next weeks raid time, and if you do get it, awesome.

Decent dps check. Really need to focus on getting people's corruption cleared as quickly as possible while still managing adds and soaking.

We literally killed it like .5 seconds before the enrage this week. Got the kill and immediately got one shot by the enrage. :P
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    pretty much the same. had a dc healer on first pull and got the boss to 9% and wiped due to enrage, after that some 1-3 stupid tries then kill. if u can kill protectors you can prob faceroll norushen
    Seems like Immerseus is really different on 25 and 10. we did Immers on 4 pull and did about 9 tryes on Norushen and wiped on 13% enrage best pull. We will try today and kill it. We had about 40 tryes on protectors to kill them.

my guild 6 shot it sending 1 tank 1 heal 2 dps right at the start just have one dps kill the big add right away and the second dps kill the little adds before the big one to stagger sending them up. 3 healed it with the mistweaver going in as the first healer and fistweaving on the boss the whole fight. Had all dps purified at around 50-55% and lusted. had a couple wipes on enrage but wasn't hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed immerseus, protectors and norushen heroic for the first time this week in a 4 hour raid night without about half an hour to spare, time spent was roughly:

Immerseus:
    - First pull: 0:20
    - Break (healer had to afk): 1:20-1:40
    - Kill: 1:55ish

Protectors:
    - First pull: 2:00
    - Kill: 3:00

Norushen:
    - First pull: 3:05
    - Kill: 3:30

All of our 2 or 3 wipes on Norushen were due to enrage rather than mechanics. So our attempts were just optimising our DPS purification and CD usage. We also 3 healed it while we could've 2 healed it very easily. Because it is simply a tuning upgrade from normal>heroic with additional orbs to purify yourself with (making it easier than normal mechanically tbh) all you have to do is make sure your numbers and your normal strat is up to scratch.

What was sad though was that our first pull of protectors was a 1% on all 3 bosses wipe, and then we didn't kill it for another 6 or 7 attempts... XD

Deleted
    Pretty much what everyone else has said. Norushen HC is a pure numbers game. We killed it in two attempts on our first night (first pull was a 3% wipe). If you an kill protectors then norushen should be easy. With two full raid nights (I can assume they're at least 3 hours) you've easily got time to kill him and clear normal.

Edit: I see you raid 2.5 hours. IMO you should EASILY kill him within an hour (assuming you have the dps) and four hours is more than enough to clear the remaining bosses on normal.
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2013-10-14 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 shot him after 30 wipes on Immerceus. It's just a DPS check.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

Norushen is the hardest of first 6 heroics on 25man, just because we have to deal with 3 times amount of adds 10mans have within the same time window. Killing 6 big + 18 smalls in 4 minutes is a very trivial task, while having to deal with 18 big and 54 small ones (and spacing big ones nicely so you never have more than 2 up at once) is far from trivial.
    Once whole raid learns the timing, it's not that hard to execute, but random deaths tend to happen a lot, especially if you 5-heal it.