Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Only thing I despise about pet battles is how often moves seem to miss for me. 90% chance? Seems a lot more like 70%. And anything under 90% just seems to miss every other turn for me. I don't mind randomness, but I just get pissed for constant misses.
    I think they should change it to the gap between min max damage of abilities.

Instead of a 50% Miss Chance a ability has a chance to deal Damage from 50% to 150% Damage.

Deleted
    And the tournament is the worst, one miss and you wasted 30 mins of your life.
    Battle pet is pretty much: if you dont have the fotm pets, you are going to have a bad time against everything
    Precisely the reason I don't bother trying to win the tournament again. I'm having a lot more fun beating each individual tamer with the same team than I would be if I was being forced to lvl up 3 pandaren water spirits and zandalari raptors just to reduce the stupid amount of luck required for winning.

Aside from the Celestial Tournament you can pretty much beat every NPC Trainer given you have 3 pets that counter the enemy pets.

Most people who have issues against Trainer before the Tournament simply don't have Pets from every Race up to 25 or lack the stones to upgrade them to rare
    I've beaten every tamer with the team I started with (worg pup/mech chicken/sprite darter) and I'm currently working on the tournament tamers too (6 down, 3 to go). Not recommended ofc if you're just playing for efficiency, as it takes deep strategy and plenty of luck too. I do it for fun and challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    If you hate battle pet RNG, never never never fight against the darkmoon pet master and his retarded monkey.
    The solution to him is to one-shot the bug-infested monkey :P

(I used howl/wind-up but any burst mech ability coupled with a dmg buff on you or dmg debuff on the monkey will do)

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Precisely the reason I don't bother trying to win the tournament again. I'm having a lot more fun beating each individual tamer with the same team than I would be if I was being forced to lvl up 3 pandaren water spirits and zandalari raptors just to reduce the stupid amount of luck required for winning.

I've beaten every tamer with the team I started with (worg pup/mech chicken/sprite darter) and I'm currently working on the tournament tamers too (6 down, 3 to go). Not recommended ofc if you're just playing for efficiency, as it takes deep strategy and plenty of luck too. I do it for fun and challenge

The solution to him is to one-shot the bug-infested monkey :P

(I used howl/wind-up but any burst mech ability coupled with a dmg buff on you or dmg debuff on the monkey will do)
    I had to level up one pet and catch one to beat him, got lucky that i got pocket reaver on my first kill, emerald whelp lunch his eye and take 50% of the tonk hp, it can be a bit less if the tonk dont crit me for 900, then i use the elemental and take care of the tonk, if i miss one attack i need to restart because i need him alive for the monkey, he need to soak that stun, if not the reaver will be stunned and die before the stun wear off. Supercharge + metal fist to one shot him. The fight require that i dont miss a single move and the enemy dont crit the elemental or the reaver.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2013-10-13 at 02:49 PM.

I enjoy pet battles quite a bit.

The randomness does suck, but what i'm refering to is when you use an ability like Lift Off for example that has a 80% chance to hit and it misses, that can screw you over a lot of the time. Burrow is the same way. Because pets have such small health pools and abilities hit so hard relative to the size of the health pool, a missed attack can be devastating to your chances at winning.

What you described sounds like the enemy pet was just faster than yours, unless both pets have the exact same speed, in which case who goes first is determined at random. But that is pretty rare to have both pets the same speed.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.