View Poll Results: Is your favorite class your main?

Voters
234. This poll is closed
  • Yes

170 72.65%
  • No

64 27.35%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My main is warrior, which I really like. My Warlock however is more fun.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance- Frost Mage main, Disc Priest second main?, which ever is needed at the moment for PvE content and both for PvP.
    Horde- Warlock in PvP

Started in 1.3 as a Hunter, then my guild was in need of a healer so I rolled a Priest until BC. Then rolled a mage, has been my main Main since then but I keep both up to date on gear and specs. My Horde lock was just something to play around with and became my main PvP toon.

Yes, my ret is my fav and my main. Unless you are heroic raiding and your group absolutely needs one of other chars, I don't know why you wouldn't main your favorite class/spec. But to each their own.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2013-10-11 at 08:31 PM.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Throughout all expansions I've always loved warrior, and I've only really played it as my main for 1 month during wotlk. Mostly due to everyone of IRL buddies played one too. Now I can't be bothered getting the cloak on a second character...and besides DKs are almost warriors....without the awesome charge/intervene and heroic leap...sigh

Deleted
    My pala is lvl 71.. but I guess it's only on the 2nd place. I love my blood DK.

Favorite class is probably the Warlock. But its not by current main. I've been trying out a Rogue again in MoP and enjoying it a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, favourite class is Fury Warrior, but I quit my good progress guild to go play with friends who needed a healer. So stuck on my Priest atm, I like the class, but I just love Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, warlock. However, in classic I mostly played my druid - which have become my "second main" ever since.
    My favorite role however is to heal, but I have not healed all that much after cataclysm for some reason.

So now I play my warlock almost exclusively, with my druid now and then so I can heal. Also tend to vary my characters more early on in an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm a fairweather fan of many classes,

at the moment i am playing a BrM Monk as my main and i love it, but i also love BM hunter, Destro Lock, Resto/Balance Druid, Holy Priest, Blood/Unholy DK

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Maybe a weird question but I saw another topic that made me think, "I'm not playing my favorite class, why?" So I thought I would get a poll going to see how many others are like me. It will be interesting to me to see people's reasons for not playing their favorite toon. Here is mine:

-My favorite class?: Hunters and Warlocks. I love pet classes in any game. My favorite by a mile.

-Do I play them as my main?: No. Haven't played a Hunter as my Main since Vanilla. Have only casually played a Lock but never as a main.

-Why or why not?: While I love those two classes, neither more than the other, I dont' like playing dps roles. I only tank, I dont' like playing any other role. So for example, if I'm asking a question about tanks and I get a million responses that say, "Play what you want, not what people tell you!" That doesn't apply to me because I play the role, not the class if that makes sense. If I played my favorite class it would be a Lock or a hunter.

How I wish Hunters or Locks would get a tank spec lol.... wishful thinking I know but I can always hope.
    No, I wish my main was a warrior. I just can't be arsed to level a warrior to 90. I've put so much time and effort into my shaman, that playing any other character feels very empty. I have all my mounts, achievements, titles, professions etc on my shaman. But I wish I had kept her as a warrior.

No.. I still don't know what my favorite class is...

TBC: Mage & Warrior (about 1/2 through warr became PvP only)
    WoTLK: Mage then DK
    Cata: Priest then DK
    MoP: Hunter then Lock (which is weird because I have always hated pet classes)

I think so far my favorite has been DK..
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2013-10-11 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    I druid mained for a long long time. Recently though, one of our tanks quit quite unexpectedly, and I've been forced into a tanking role. I really don't enjoy tanking on my druid, so for the foreseeable future, I'll be maining my DK.

When 5.0 landed and I tried Monk, I immediately knew my main (Shaman) wasn't my favorite, anymore. It wasn't very long before I got a bit resentful for ever having to play one at all because of raid composition. A year later and I'm not expected to, nor desire to, be in progression raiding and I have a very hard time playing anything but my Monk. The only two classes that feel anything like it are Warrior and Paladin, so far, and I have a bit of a... mental block making it hard for me to play anything at level cap other than my main.

Tried my Ret again today, took her to the isle and just loved it. When I get to level my warrior to 90 I feel I'll probably be the same way. (Love it, but just don't want to bother doing LFRs with them.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues for life, two as my mains, one on each side. Love the general vibe about them, love melee, their fastness, and their stealthiness... suits me well. Started as a Rogue (after reading up on it) in the former 10 day trial over 3 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back.

I love my Shaman, I love the Elemental spec. I'll heal in a pinch, but thankfully the guild's healers are pretty reliable so I continue to play my preferred class and role.

Deleted
    The class I want most is my Rogue but I often don't have time for the 40 minute queues for LFR and wait times for a Flex group so I play disc priest more, much faster finding group spots as healer which works much better with my schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really thought about it. I mained a Paladin back in BC, and since WotLK came out my DK has been my main. I've played every class (albeit not up to 90), so I guess I'm not sure if DK is my favorite or not. But I raid successfully on my DK and I enjoy it, so I guess that's all that matters :P

Deleted
    Favourite class has always been druid and i've had alot of druid alts on my time on wow ever since vanilla. Though, vanilla - tbc i played Hunter as main and on wotlk i played DK as main but still had druid alts. Then on Cata at some point i finally made balance druid my main and i'm still rolling with one even at this moment and have no intentions to change in while now :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Rogues for life, two as my mains, one on each side. Love the general vibe about them, love melee, their fastness, and their stealthiness... suits me well. Started as a Rogue (after reading up on it) in the former 10 day trial over 3 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back.
    I love stories like this. My little brother started playing a Blood elf Ret Pally back when BC released. He has played that toon and no other since, pvp'ing only with the occasional raid. Through thick and thin, his Ret pally has been it. He has so much history with that toon. I on the other hand, tend to be an altoholic which I hate that about myself.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

fav classes are warrior and rogue.but i play priest as main because guild need healer........