Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New Weapon Types you'd like to See?

What new weapon types would you like to see? (Ie, throwing spades)

Deleted
    Warglaives, other than the ones from Illidan that are classified as swords.

Deleted
    I would like to see them bringing back an old one, bastard swords. Or what it's the same, 1H swords with a decent size. Just as shields, I have to resort to the old, classic, very good but low pixel weapons because the new ones are just too small.

10+ Year Old Account
    More polearms that are halberds, and less that are spears. I guess that's not exactly new, but meh.

One-handed pistols and crossbows.

One-handed spears for tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    One-handed pistols and crossbows.

One-handed spears for tanks
    I like the one handed spears thing, its like a roman legionnaire or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flails and whips. Basically, flexible weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see more Warglaive-style swords, but I don't think they necessarily need their own weapon type. I'd love to see an expansion of staves to include quarterstaves, only difference being that classes that can dual-wield can use a quarterstaff, and each end of the weapon counts as it's own weapon. So you can imagine a rogue equipping what is otherwise a druid/monk staff and being able to still count as dual-wield. Same goes for shaman, and maybe warriors too. It might get a little finicky with monks though, there'd have to be a way to determine if you want to dual wield or use it as a 2h.

I'd love to see a few more extravagant weapon styles. Whips could be a great one. Anything that's on a rope/chain is cool. Maybe a flail? With a suitable amount of twirling it around for no good reason.

Swordbreakers for tanks when they want to DPS. Increases parry and counts as an offhand weapon but you can't block. Don't know how that'd work out with Warriors/Paladins since they're so focused around their shields.

As an aside, considering they mounted all weapons for monks over the shoulder, I'd like to see a selector for where we want weapons sheathed. Honestly I limit my xmog possibilities to shoulder sheaths, since it looks awful at the waist.

Pistols, not a hard concept to implement (just like the balance between mh+oh and 2h for casters) and they exist in Warcraft's lore.

Not really a new weapon, but I'd like to see pallys or warriors being able to dual-wield shields. I don't know how the stats would work, though.

Deleted
    Flails would be awesome.

I'm good with the weapon types we already have, but I would like to see them go back to designing the massively oversized weapons like they used to. The epics from BWL that you can feel the weight just by looking at them... and then you have Shadowmourne which looks like a 1 hander.

bazookas. just sayin'.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    bazookas. just sayin'.
    Or magic cannons!

15+ Year Old Account
    1h Ranged weapons. Handcrossbows, Darts(RAWR), Pistols

Yeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small scythes, like Akama has/had in BT
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    not exactly new but i want Healing Polearms for Paladin/Monk/Druid

it would be interesting to see some sort of flail/morning star/ball and chain based weapon too

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Pistols/handcrossbows would be awesome. Making a distinction between spears and polearms would be nice.

Deleted
    i i , ehh it is good.

Deleted
    Definatly dual pistols/crossbows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Pistols, not a hard concept to implement (just like the balance between mh+oh and 2h for casters) and they exist in Warcraft's lore.

Not really a new weapon, but I'd like to see pallys or warriors being able to dual-wield shields. I don't know how the stats would work, though.
    What would be the motivation for the monster to attack a guy who has two shields?