Deleted

Help resto druid please.

Spirit > Intellect > Haste (Breakpoint) > Mastery > Crit > Haste (Past Breakpoint)

i found that on noxxic and i really dont understand what Breakpoint and Past Breakpoint means..
    i hope some of you knows it and can tell me what it means.

- Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krustan View Post
    Spirit > Intellect > Haste (Breakpoint) > Mastery > Crit > Haste (Past Breakpoint)

i found that on noxxic and i really dont understand what Breakpoint and Past Breakpoint means..

- Thanks
    The breakpoint is the number at which your HoTs (Heal over Time) get an extra tick. Any number below or above that is pretty much wasted haste with respect to how powerful each heal is. See the Elitist Jerks Resto Druid Breakpoints Chart that I've linked for details.

- Thanks

There is a particular point at which your HoTs and DoTs gain an extra tick. So, haste has a lot of value *IF** you can reach that point, but a diminished value when falling short of it, or going past it. I don't know those particular points, but they are listed at enough places you should be able to find it.

Does that help any?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are certain points with haste that are desirable, they add ticks to our rejuv, wild growth, etc. Generally speaking, aim for 3043 haste - or 5320 if your raid doesn't have the 5% haste buff. A great place to find basic information on stat weights and breakpoints is icy veins - there you'll find a breakdown of the different haste breakpoints.

Deleted
    I would advice you to read the resto druid guide on this exact page.
    It explains breakpoints (the exact haste point where your HOTs gain ticks) and the spirit issue (you only need as much spirit as you don't go oom).

The two main breakpoints you're looking at as a resto druid is 3063 and 13063. The two important spells they add to is your rejuvenation + tranquility ticks (i.e. more ticks per cast). At 3063 you get +1 tranq and +1 rejuvenation ticks and at 13063 you get +2 tranq and rejuvenation ticks.

The stat priority you saw on noxxic is correct, although there's no number really you want to fix on spirit wise. It's more finding what comfortable for you when healing depending on your trinkets etc. Currently im progressing in 10man heroic and i'm using around 14k spirit with 1 regen and 1 throughput trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzee View Post
    The two main breakpoints you're looking at as a resto druid is 3063 and 13063. The two important spells they add to is your rejuvenation + tranquility ticks (i.e. more ticks per cast). At 3063 you get +1 tranq and +1 rejuvenation ticks and at 13063 you get +2 tranq and rejuvenation ticks.

The stat priority you saw on noxxic is correct, although there's no number really you want to fix on spirit wise. It's more finding what comfortable for you when healing depending on your trinkets etc. Currently im progressing in 10man heroic and i'm using around 14k spirit with 1 regen and 1 throughput trinket.
    3043 to be precise. Also, as Nurni explained, these values only work if you have 5% spell haste.

@OP check the Resto Druid sticky for further information. It includes some nice spreadsheets for Haste breakpoints from Totemspot.

How much spirit do you dudes feel is "correct" to be at with 560 gear. I know it's personal comfort but just wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this moment I've 15,815 Spirit and I find it is the correct number for me.

Some fights I could use less, but others (specially for progress) I find to be the correct one for my play style.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Nervie View Post
    How much spirit do you dudes feel is "correct" to be at with 560 gear. I know it's personal comfort but just wondering.
    I'm at 14000 ish sometimes less sometimes slightly more but i don't tend to go any higher as i never seem to need it. 558 ilvl 3/14hc 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nervie View Post
    12k is working out so far. It's a bit on the low side and I regularly drink mana potions on progress content, but if you're not using some kind of potion anyway then you're just being cheap. It's low enough to make me nervous but high enough that no one dies from it being too low, which is exactly as it should be. If you never go OOM, you have too much spirit.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 13.5k spirit, I probably could drop a little and still be mostly OK but I'm lazy and like a little padding.

i Two heal Norushen with 3043 Haste breakpoint, 17k mastery buffed, and 0 Norushen healing buff, i also have 10k spirit. i only get close to oom near the end of the fight

Deleted
    I'm at 13k spirit, while using 2 int/mana proc trinkets. I 2-heal most 10 man fights and I have a bit of a twitch style of healing (someone took 1 damage? rejuv immediately) so having a good amount of mana to work with serves me well.

I can tell you that with my 505 Gear it is so easy to go oom, I can't wait to get to 11-12k at least because sitting at 9k is crushing my mana lol

The amount of spirit is personal preference. Also depends on your co-healers and the use of available mana CDs (mana tide, hymn), the number of regen trinkets and if you have and use the legendary meta gem and its procs.