Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydene View Post
    Yes, you will no longer be able to obtain the Obsidian Nightwing if the Emerald Hippogryph is the new RaF mount (which is looks like it will be)

"Friends In Places Even Higher Than That (New) Obtain an Emerald Hippogryph mount through the Recruit-a-Friend program. Account Wide."
    They're changing the RaF system so instead of going to the website to claim the current mount you're given a token ingame that you can exchange for any of the past RaF mounts or a pet at a vendor.

Have an unclaimed RAF mount, Score!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the bug with the Model Viewer if you view a mount in it first, then close the model viewer and view something else (non-mount). (View the Emerald Hippogryph > close model viewer > view Bernard). You're able to use the dropdown menu for "Rider Model" and click the button that says "View on mount". Unless the bug in question also upscales the models to be appropriate to rider models, then Bernard is going to be a HUGE battle pet. I think it'd make for a fucking awesome mount, though, aside from the slight clipping issue of the kegs on his sides / the legs of the riders.

http://i.imgur.com/KM6lpki.png
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-10-12 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    I love the bug with the Model Viewer if you view a mount in it first, then close the model viewer and view something else (non-mount). (View the Emerald Hippogryph > close model viewer > view Bernard). You're able to use the dropdown menu for "Rider Model" and click the button that says "View on mount". Unless the bug in question also upscales the models to be appropriate to rider models, then Bernard is going to be a HUGE battle pet. I think it'd make for a fucking awesome mount, though, aside from the slight clipping issue of the kegs on his sides / the legs of the riders.

http://i.imgur.com/KM6lpki.png
    aha thats awesome! Heck i'd even buy that mount if it was a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkrind View Post
    Read it again! You get to choose now which RAF mount you want, presumably going back to the zebra. Which really just means "we are desperate enough to get you to invite 5 friends that you get a mount for each friend now instead of just the one since they're account-wide now".

It was a blue tweet a few days ago also I think.

You think... and you don't have a link to the blue post...

Deleted
    cmon blizz !! 2H swords, axes, maces <=> polearms transmo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    You think... and you don't have a link to the blue post...
    Patch 5.4 round table. News from 8th October here on MMO-Champion.

All this RAF stuff makes me depressed since my country doesn't allow these things.

Deleted
    Yeah, everybody knew that that Hippogryph will be for RAF/from store. It wasn't proto-drake reskin, only those are obtainable in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    So uh.. What's being given for the milestone of 10years?
    The same letter we got on last two years.

"As the Cataclysm ravages the world..."

Aaaw, what a cute Bernard.

Have been tempted to RAF with myself at times... Too bad it's not available in Denmark, unless that changes in the near future... *shrug* Whatever, I'll get my 200th mount in the next expansion I bet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance that, in this PTR build, that the NPC who gives out Raid/Valor/Conquest gear for gold will be up? I'd like to test out a Prot Pally tank that I'm leveling on Live. See what it's like playing a max-level high-geared one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Yeah, everybody knew that that Hippogryph will be for RAF/from store. It wasn't proto-drake reskin, only those are obtainable in-game.
    The hippogryph is a reskin of a mount obtainable in game...

Time to spam RaF invites to all friends that will come back to pick up heartstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
    Have an unclaimed RAF mount, Score!
    FML!! I just claimed another ghost gryphon that i had to get rid of due to having one already just last week :'( i hate blizz

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Any chance that, in this PTR build, that the NPC who gives out Raid/Valor/Conquest gear for gold will be up? I'd like to test out a Prot Pally tank that I'm leveling on Live. See what it's like playing a max-level high-geared one.
    He should be on the PTR already. There's the Grevious Flaskataur who gives out the PVP gear right in the shrine and I think the Raid one is over in Townlong Steppes, I know he's somewhere because on the PTR I gave my premade T16 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    FML!! I just claimed another ghost gryphon that i had to get rid of due to having one already just last week :'( i hate blizz
    Ghost Gryphon is SoR not RaF. It's RaF getting the update in 5.4.1, not SoR. SoR just had a somewhat recent update, they won't be touching it for a little while now.

Guess I am doing RaF again! And I have a mighty need for that St. Bernard pet, wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The hippogryph is a reskin of a mount obtainable in game...
    Learn your fucking terminology. It's not a reskin - reskin just means that the texture has been changed. Ie. a standard blue drake could be said to be a reskin of a standard red drake etc etc.

This is a new model. If anything in the shape of the model changes, then it's a new model. And this is quite different in shape in various areas to the regular hippogryphs.

I can't stand it when people just scream "reskin" without having a bloody clue what they're talking about.