Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kakadu View Post
    Our Pala, Priest and Warlock are already collecting their second gear tokens, while the rest of the raid is waiting to get at least two set pieces.

100 / 11 = ~9.1

36.36%
    36.36%
    27.27%
    Our shammy and warrior have their 4 pieces and some offset pieces. We've seen 2 pally priest lock tokens drop. Different for everybody.

Deleted
    Our hunter has 5 tier pieces, our warrior 5 for main spec and 4 for OS. I think I;m the only person on conq token with a normal mode 2 set (i think maybe 4 conq tokens have dropped in 5 clears)

Deleted
    Is there an official confirmation regarding the reduced drop chance?

A mage of ours got 4 pieces of tier in 1 week, meanwhile I'm still using 522 pants on heroic progression.

My observations based on SoO raids on main char.

Vanq tokens - 26
    Prot tokens - 33
    Conq tokens - 12

rng in full effect y'all

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    A mage of ours got 4 pieces of tier in 1 week, meanwhile I'm still using 522 pants on heroic progression.
    You should have 535 Timeless legs.

We have 13/12 Protector, 11/16 Conqueror, and 10/16 Vanquisher. It's pretty even, aside from the fact that we seem to only get Protector shoulders.

It's just bad luck. It seems prevalent because no one comes along saying their gear has dropped a lot (or dropped the expected number of times) and because hardly anyone notices when they're getting a "normal" amount of loot anyway and because everyone truthfully expects to get more gear than they probabilistically should.

Same with us. Having 6 Conq users is really nice when we get a token every other week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

3 weeks in a row only conq tokens dropped and conq users have 4p for offspec. RNG can be a bitch.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    We've had problems with conqueror tokens ever since T11, all we get is Vanquisher(? Is that the name, whatever the druid one is).
    This. Nothing ever changes with Conq tokens.

Deleted
    Personal loot makes tier tokens rare in Flexi because it's competing with all the other items you could get from the boss. Suppose you have a 25% chance of getting loot from the boss, and it has 5 items for your loot spec. Then you would have a 5% chance each week of getting that particular tier token.

Distribution between the three tokens is just random variance though. We get a lot of vanquishers and conquerors, and few protectors for example, but that doesn't tell anything about the overall drop rates of those tokens. I believe conqueror token has a slightly lower drop chance because there's only 3 classes needing it. Most likely 27% for conqueror and 36% for the vanquisher and protector.

It is not a bad luck. It is a specially programmed lack of drop. Since Conq token has most powerful and popular classes covered up, it drops shitty on purpose for the most of the guilds I've spoken to, on my realm and lots of others. And it is dropping bad since t7, actually. You can easily look at wowhead, and you'll see that it drops whole 10+% less than other two tokens.
    We are raiding 10m since DS; we raided 25 since t5; and since BT we always had our shamans gear at least two specs before any priest/pally gears one. The only raid where token distribution was really equal was ToGC, where tokens weren't class specific. I seriously hope Blizzard would rebalance classes on tokens in 6.0, or even better would make them not class specific, as it was in ToGC.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Personal loot makes tier tokens rare in Flexi because it's competing with all the other items you could get from the boss. Suppose you have a 25% chance of getting loot from the boss, and it has 5 items for your loot spec. Then you would have a 5% chance each week of getting that particular tier token.

Distribution between the three tokens is just random variance though. We get a lot of vanquishers and conquerors, and few protectors for example, but that doesn't tell anything about the overall drop rates of those tokens. I believe conqueror token has a slightly lower drop chance because there's only 3 classes needing it. Most likely 27% for conqueror and 36% for the vanquisher and protector.
    Differs spec to spec, but what tier dropping boss are you doing that drop 5 lootable items for you?

Guardian might be an exteme example, but I did a flex as one the other night. On Sha the only lootable item was the tier chest. On Naz, two items - tier and shoulders. On Thok, two items - tier and ring.

Without a word of exaggeration, half our raid got chest tokens off of Sha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    Differs spec to spec, but what tier dropping boss are you doing that drop 5 lootable items for you?

Guardian might be an exteme example, but I did a flex as one the other night. On Sha the only lootable item was the tier chest. On Naz, two items - tier and shoulders. On Thok, two items - tier and ring.

Sha drops 3 items - Chest Token, Staff, Battle Pet
    Nazgrim drops 3 items - Hand Token, Weapon, Shoulders
    Thok drops 4 items - Head Token, Offhand, Gloves, Chest
    Siegecrafter drops 3 items - Shoulder Token, Gloves, Battle Pet
    Paragons drop 5 items - Leg Token, Ring, Weapon, Bracers, Battle Pet
    Garrosh drops 4 items - Token of Choice, Head, Offhand, Trinket

Pretty hard to end up with tier as a warlock.

from our raid experience the basically never drop, all of last tier and so far this one. Best part is in our 10 man there is 5 of us on this token

My guild has seen about 85% conq tokens, including 3 Conq off Blackfuse/Paragons and Garrosh last night (9 conq tokens from those 3). 25H guild. Have yet to seen 1 H-Immersus caster trinket from 3 kills and now our Conq tokens are being given to 2nd offspec players. (Don't have enough OS rollers).

vanq 27
    prot 37
    conq 14

that's where we stand now, 25man
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain that with the introduction of the monk class, yes, the pala/priest/warlock token drop chance lowered from 3/10 chance to 3/11 chance to drop. I could be wrong, this is only a guess, but meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post

I took a quick look at the dungeon journal for classes I play:

On my shadow priest 5 for Thok and 4 for Paragons. 3 for Sha, Nazgrim and Blackfuse. Obviously being able to roll for both spirit and hit cloth makes this the worst spec for getting tier.
    On my mage 4-4-3-3-2
    Healing monks seem to be 5-4-3-3-2

That's not counting pet drops. I assume they're not in the included in the regular rolls.

Some specs have a ton of loot from tier bosses, some have very little. Some have 3-5 loot drops from every tier boss. Casters in general seem to have more loot from tier bosses. Even if it's 3 drops, it's still only an 8% chance for tier per kill or coin.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2013-10-18 at 07:43 PM.

HC WF shields n cloaks for days.