Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

GC asking for input regarding future Chakra changes on Twitter

So... We should start to elaborate!

I suggested making it into a simple output CD (like ToL, Ascendance, AA/SS) since Holy lacks that, where you can choose what to boost; ST/AoE or dps for xx s. A lil boring perhaps, but a whole lot more fun and flexible than the current Chakra state!

I also thought it would be cool if that CD not just plain boosted our spells, but made them behaive differently depending on what we choose, but perhaps thats too much copycat from other healers minor CD's?

I saw this the other day.
    I was thinking they 3 chakras should be turned into cooldowns. maybe a minute CD, 20 sec duration... each chakra shares a CD with the other 2. one boosts your single target, one your AOE, one your DPS (basically same as now). The power word spell is only usable while the chakra is active, and still changes depending on chakra state.
    obviously CD times and durations for chakras and the power word are subject to alteration. keep them on the stance bar.

Remove them.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Chakra should be only about mechanisms, not numbers, wether or not it is a cooldown

Let it die in a fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twilista View Post
    Let it die in a fire.
    I'll happily pour some gasoline on that! Atleast as a stance... gosh. So typical Hpri needs to wait for years for things to happen!

Remove them, keep the pretty lights. Blizzard always has a hard time just scrapping failed stuff and instead prefers to beat a dead horse for years hoping it will somehow stick *cough*RBGs*cough*, but in this case it is time.

Okay I'm being to harsh. Let it's current implementation die in a fire. Let holy priest keep sparkle feet though. Sparkle feet are important.

Really though I don't see any redeeming quality of chakra. It was a monstrosity when it was implemented it is sadly much better in pvp then it is in pve and it should be allowed to have the same 5 second cd in pve regardless of blizzards stance that holy priests would macro it to spells if they allowed that.

Think blizzard if we felt that we needed to macro it to spells because we hate it so much maybe it's a bad design. If your turn chakra into cds then it becomes nothing more than extra button bloat that's just boring.

The original design was interesting on paper and horrible in practice and should have died on beta/ptr.

Deleted
    Remove the cooldowns. Fine with me.

Deleted
    Reduce chakra cooldown to 5s. Like it is with the PvP set. I can confidently say that I like chakras in PvP. Switch to smite chakra for offense and go defensive with serenity chakra if I need to heal hard.

The chakras should not change the amount healed by our spells for sure. They should affect mechanisms instead. Sanctuary instead of renew refresh and serenity is already a major reason for being in one chakra or the other. The change in healing is just an annoying penalty, that makes holy much less flexible that it needs to be.

Deleted
    I'm only ever in the blue Chakra, so what's the point?

15+ Year Old Account
    Remove them, no need to add even more cooldowns etc, the priest class is fine without the Chakra. Removing the "penalty" from healing the tank once in a while will be more than enough.

I'm just scared at this point that any changes they make will be even _worse_ , like adding the 3 cooldowns someone suggested, do not want.

Deleted
    For pvp they are fine at 5s. If they want to buff holy they could just remove the cd.
    Would be really nice but probably too much faceroll. Dunno...

Deleted
    For me there are 2 problems with chakra;
    1) It doesn't feel like a buff when you're in a particular chakra, it just feels like you've nerfed the 'non-buffed' abilities,
    2) You feel locked into a chakra even when it's not optimal for any phase shorter than 30sec (eg, 10sec of heavy tank damage surrounded by heavy aoe damage).

The things I'd like to see changed;
    1) Remove any +healing%, keep the reduced CDs on certain spells / renew refresh etc maybe even add some more flavour in those regards, put more emphasis on the HW: Chastise abilities.
    2) Give it charges like monks 'roll' so you can jump into a chakra for a short time then back again, this will really make it a usable ability rather than just a set and forget stance. The problem with flat-out removing the CD is you'll just end up macroing it to spells "/cast chakra chastise/cast flash heal" "/cast chakra sanc/cast PoH" etc. I think 2 charges would be fine, allowing you to jump into one and back again, maybe 3 would be useful but I don't feel it's as needed. This would also open chastise chakra for low healing phases so you can push some DPS, would really help in challenge modes etc.

That's all from a PvE perspective, I have no idea how broken that would make pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    For me there are 2 problems with chakra;
    1) It doesn't feel like a buff when you're in a particular chakra, it just feels like you've nerfed the 'non-buffed' abilities,
    2) You feel locked into a chakra even when it's not optimal for any phase shorter than 30sec (eg, 10sec of heavy tank damage surrounded by heavy aoe damage).

The things I'd like to see changed;
    1) Remove any +healing%, keep the reduced CDs on certain spells / renew refresh etc maybe even add some more flavour in those regards, put more emphasis on the HW: Chastise abilities.
    2) Give it charges like monks 'roll' so you can jump into a chakra for a short time then back again, this will really make it a usable ability rather than just a set and forget stance. The problem with flat-out removing the CD is you'll just end up macroing it to spells "/cast chakra chastise/cast flash heal" "/cast chakra sanc/cast PoH" etc. I think 2 charges would be fine, allowing you to jump into one and back again, maybe 3 would be useful but I don't feel it's as needed. This would also open chastise chakra for low healing phases so you can push some DPS, would really help in challenge modes etc.

That's all from a PvE perspective, I have no idea how broken that would make pvp.
    I absolutely second this.
    I wouldn't be so hasty as to remove healing bonuses at all from Chakras, but reduce them in magnitude severly, say, make it 10% tops, but limit it just to casted heals (PoH, GH, FH, Heal). Limit the bonuses in a way, so it doesn't feel like a nerf to cast the heals of the "wrong" chakra. For instance, PoM and renew should be excluded, imo.
    The charges would be so very welcome, as it would both reduce the punishment for being in the wrong chakra state (whatever the reason), and make the spec less stuck on its stiff cooldown, while making choices in how you handle it more fluid.

In alternative, or addition, to that, scratch the bonuses altogether and add some mechanics that tie in to the word spells, as the current refresh on renew in serenity, I don't know really what though, just something that affects the play beyond the numbers, maybe rework a little the CD reduction sanctuary currently has.
    I really think anything that would make chakra feel less about the bonuses would be extremely welcome.

Kill it with fire is my optimal solution. The holypriest was much more fun without chakra.

--

I think the only part of Chakra that has merit is the red chakra. Allowing the holypriest to switch to offensive, by trading away a big chunk of healing output... that has merit. It is a good utility. Not just for questing. This part works.

The blue and yellow chakra states, they need to die. The entire idea of choosing between "aoe" and "single target" healing is stupid for several reasons. It doesn't work in modern raid setting where healers are supposed to be flexible. Choosing means you will always be inflexible. It means not being able to take advantage of your awesome toolkit, since half your toolkit is always ineffcient. This limits your options for no gain other than tacking a limiter mechanic on a spec that didn't need or want one. It breaks the spec's real forte: it's large arsenal of spells. In a game where every other spec has gotten an arsenal to match the holypriest.

I am really not feeling strongly for keeping HW:Sanctuary. The spell is constantly in a state of not really being worth the mana, or relying on stacking while being outdone by shammies. If I could get HW:Serenity 100% of the time, I think that would really work for me. The Holypriest seriously need an efficient single target healing spell to not go OOM prematurely, and HW:Serenity is it. Heal isn't, by the way, and that spell can also die in a fire. But that's an unrelated topic. Point is; I can easily live without HW:Sanctuary. Lightwell sort of covers the same niche.

So if you need to keep chakra, just drop the blue stance and adjust some numbers. The renew refresh mechanic from the yellow chakra is interesting. But there is nothing really interesting about the blue chakra state. It's just there for the numbers, and that's the only thing it offers. Those numbers are very important, but move those numbers to the yellow stance and life is better immediately.

--

However, new expansions mean we can do things that is better than a patch-up that simply merges the two healing chakra stances.

I'd just drop Chakra completely off the radar. The mechanic is a whole lot of ... fluff, for no real gain. Instead of all the stance/spell-modifying feature, I'd just remove it all. Turn the red chakra into a third armor state. "Inner Wrath" - +20% damage, -20% healing. That way we don't really need the mechanic at all. The spec is much simpler to get into, nothing of real value was lost, and the armor state may actually matter a little.

This is my preferred option.

--

Keeping chakra means this topic will be re-visited in a year. Again.
    Last edited by Danner; 2013-10-16 at 09:03 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Remove them.
    This is the best idea. Sadly Blizzard is like a dog with a bone when it makes new designs to classes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    This is the best idea. Sadly Blizzard is like a dog with a bone when it makes new designs to classes.
    This is sadly true.

Remember how lightwell was awesome at 5 charges, 10 minutes cooldown, and costing half a manabar? (hint: it wasn't)
    Remember how everyone said the ToGC lightwell was how Lightwell needed to be, and the devs said no for 5 years? (hint: yes was the right answer)
    Remember how Heal was sold as the best spell ever that everone would love to cast over and over? (hint: not many priest even bother to hotkey it)
    Remember how GC proclaimed Chakra was the reason people would play holypriests? (hint: playing holy despite of chakra, not because of chakra)

I believe anything that limits the holypriest spell selection is a bad idea. If the idea is to make a mutable spell that turns into various healing spells depending on circumstances, then sure. Leave Chakra at that. But don't let it dictate the entire spec.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Throwing my vote in: remove them.

I like the Chakra that lets me Holy DPS.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.