Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Remove +healing modifiers for each state, buff overall healing to compensate, make all three holy words available regardless of state. And for the love of God do something interesting with Holy Word: Sanctuary; perhaps change it to a 30 second to 1 minute cooldown increasing all healing done to players within the sanctuary by 10%, 10 second duration.

Chakra: Serenity

Causes your single-target healing spells to refresh the duration of Renew on the target and grants your Holy Word: Serenity ability an additional effect.

Additional effect: grants 100% spell haste for your next spell following Holy Word: Serenity.

Chakra: Sanctuary

Reduces the cooldown of Circle of Healing by 4 seconds and grants your Holy Word: Sanctuary an additional effect.

Additional effect: 50% of overhealing on players within the sanctuary will be redistrubted to up to 5 nearby injured party or raid members.

Chakra: Chastise

Increases the damage of your shadow and holy spells by 50%, reduces the mana cost of Smite and Holy Fire by 90%, and grants your Holy Word: Chastise ability an additional effect.

Additional effect: increases the damage of your next spell following Holy Word: Chastise by 50%.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2013-10-17 at 06:23 AM.

The cooldown solution is no solution at all. You still run into the problem of your entire spellbook's healing coefficients being dependent on using the correct Chakra in a given situation. If that's the case, it's better in its current iteration, since you don't have to bother watching yet another cooldown to get the same effect you currently have on live.

The solution is to remove it. If they refuse to go that route, then the solution is to remove the cooldown on switching between Chakras.

Deleted
    Or just remove it. You know.

I don't think Chakras should be removed, I think it is something that makes Holy Priests unique.

This is what I think should be done to Chakras
    1. Make the 25% healing increase baseline from both Serenity and Sanctuary.
    2. Remove the cooldown and the GCD from it and give it a mana cost.
    3. Place the Chakras in a stance bar, like the Druid's shapeshifting forms or the Warrior's stances
    4. Add more mechanics to it

Chakra Sanctuary
    1. Prayer of Healing will be a smart heal (Healing 5 lowest health players)
    2. Critical AOE Heals will lower the cooldown on Divine Hymn by 1 second/heal (up to a max of 50% of the cooldown).
    3. Raid-wide Guardian Spirit.

Chakra Serenity
    1. Allows you to apply 3 stacks of Renew
    2. 10% Critical chance for all direct healing spells
    3. Holy Word: Serenity has a 100% chance to crit when you use it to heal a target with Renew

I would like to be able to change Chakra states while being the Spirit of Redemption if I am not asking
    too much.

Some of the ideas are overpowered, but they are only suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    For me there are 2 problems with chakra;
    1) It doesn't feel like a buff when you're in a particular chakra, it just feels like you've nerfed the 'non-buffed' abilities,
    2) You feel locked into a chakra even when it's not optimal for any phase shorter than 30sec (eg, 10sec of heavy tank damage surrounded by heavy aoe damage)
    You nailed it!

You have to make all the chakras passive if you get rid of it. Holy only does more damage than disc when in chastise and Holy should since it can't atonement. All of Holy's spells are dumbed down to compensate for the gains it will get from Chakra. The whole arsenal has been tuned around chakra.

Second the animation is kinda annoying. It can make it difficult to see if you are standing in something while the animation is doing it's thing. If it where changed to a CD I would like to see something with an Angelic or Holy reference like a aura of light around you as you rise off the ground with wings of light coming out of you.

---====Here is my vote, have it buff sub stats. One chakra gives % of mastery, one gives % haste the other % crit based on your Item level====----

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    You nailed it!
    Second the animation is kinda annoying. It can make it difficult to see if you are standing in something while the animation is doing it's thing. If it where changed to a CD I would like to see something with an Angelic or Holy reference like a aura of light around you as you rise off the ground with wings of light coming out of you.
    but the sparkles are the best part of the ability

Purely removing the CD (or at least lowering it) is good enough for me. Don't see it as game breaking to do that.

Please make it go away. Holy was much more fun prior to the introduction of Chakra.

I have always considered serendipity to be a core mechanic of holy priests. Chakra severely nerfs that. Flash, flash, greater heal still works fine. Flash, flash, prayer of healing requires heals from two different states. One of them will always be gimped. Big tank hits plus some raid damage in an intense, breaking point boss ability? Flash, flash, PoH, repeat... and hope you are playing pre-Sundering.

Chakra was more tolerable in Wrath when the Chakra: Serenity was +crit to healing and Chakra: Sanctuary was +healing to aoe spells. Given that crit has never been the top of my desired stats (for a non-hot based healer), it was easy to sit in Chakra: Sanctuary and never regret the +crit. The current Chakras where you are locked into only being as good as other healers at either single target or aoe healing for 30 seconds. You then get to option to change; however, no other healer is locked into this rigid inflexibility.

I keep both discipline and holy healing specs. However, I only use holy when fight mechanics make the design limitations of Chakra less onerous. It is a shame really. I liked holy prior to the limitations of Chakra were introduced. I would still like to be a holy priest. However, I raid in a ten man group; therefore, I need to cast both single target and aoe healing spells. Sure, I can do what the Paragon holy priest did for H Garrosh 10 and go for a very high haste cap and only aoe heal using renew. However, having spell limitations via the "core mechanic" of Chakra feels wrong.

Chakra is not a fun mechanic. It is a horrible limitation. To heal as a holy priest, particularly in a 10 man raid setting, you need to consider how to heal the encounter with your limitations (ie. Chakra) or in spite of your limitations.

Also, you can take your holy word: sanctuary and get rid of it as well. The healing done (low), cooldown (high), and movement considerations of fights (all of the time) make it really difficult to use (even assuming that you have the mana to waste on it).

I would like to hope that the 2 set bonus is a foreshadow of getting rid of Chakra limitations for healing. My reading of the set bonus: prayer of healing is not subject to the Chakra nerf when used after two flash heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Purely removing the CD (or at least lowering it) is good enough for me. Don't see it as game breaking to do that.
    tbh there's a huge difference between removing and reducing. Removing the CD just means it'll get macro'd into every spell you have.

Unless they removed the CD and added a cast time... hmm

tbh there's a huge difference between removing and reducing. Removing the CD just means it'll get macro'd into every spell you have.

Unless they removed the CD and added a cast time... hmm
    Well considering it'd trigger a GCD to switch I don't think you'd macro it to a heal unless you're fond of getting sniped.

Eh, the idea is cool, the REAL problem is actually that ST heals are not attractive vs. AoE spam. That's not even just a Priest issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Chakra is probably the single biggest reason Holy hasn't been my raid spec in literally years. And I'm not screwing up the meaning of the word literally, there.

Holy had a role, Disc had a role, they were pretty cool and pretty different roles. And then Chakra arrived after I'd been Disc for a while (I was originally Holy) and I thought, "Hey, what's this new thing?" and tried it out. And I felt like 1/6th of a Priest all of a sudden, slamming into invisible walls of inefficiency.

The cool down to switch between Chakra states was too long for me. That cool down penalty didn't seem to be compensated by enough of a boost to the switch in heal styles. Holy had had versatility, and suddenly it was too tight a squeeze for me.

As Holy, I can purposefully cast gimped spells because I'm not using the right Chakra. It brings to mind Ret Pallies having to pick up some slack when a healer has died. It's not a fun experience, that's not what I signed up for when I made my Holy Priest.

I want Chakra gone. Turning it into a cool down just makes it a Tree of Light. I don't think Chakra makes Priests unique, I think it makes Priests clunky and it feels gimmicky. I miss the smooth, capable, flexible Priest.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    Well considering it'd trigger a GCD to switch I don't think you'd macro it to a heal unless you're fond of getting sniped.
    It's currently off the GCD so can be macro'd

It's currently off the GCD so can be macro'd
    Currently but not sure if it had no CD they'd keep it this way. As you say we could macro it to our ST and AoE heals and we all know Blizz would love that.

Deleted
    Currently but not sure if it had no CD they'd keep it this way. As you say we could macro it to our ST and AoE heals and we all know Blizz would love that.
    That's essentially the same as adding a cast time to it, as I mentioned previously

I think what they'll likely do is remove Chakra's and add the spell effects as minor glyphs for those that like them. I'm only a recent convert to Holy but would you say stripping away Chakra's removes a key identifier between the two Priests? Or are different healing spell sets enough?

I guess Blizzard potentially don't want to lose the flavour of Holy.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I guess Blizzard potentially don't want to lose the flavour of Holy." Rhymes badly with what holypri is to me: flexible healers who can handle all situations pretty well, but in particular aoe. With accent to flexible wich Chakras destroyed. Chakras is not the flavor most Holy priests like.

By flavour I'm not talking about mechanics. I'm talking about the flavour difference between Discipline and Holy in what they actually are as characters in the Warcraft universe. I'm talking more - it's hard to word - but like you'd see Combat Rogues as burly thugs who pummel people to death whereas Subtlety Rogues hide in the shadows and are more assassin like.

That's what flavour I'm talking about. Plus leaning a spec to ST or AoE is pretty much dead in raiding these days.

Edit: I only add this point because we need to remember Blizzard don't cater purely to raiders and as such - much like people complain Hunter specs have no identity - I think they'd like to keep Holy and Disc as different as they are.
    Last edited by Daniie; 2013-10-22 at 12:07 PM.

I would give charges a try... they won't remove it anyway.

2 charges, with a separate 10-15 sec CD

Deleted
    Nobody thinks that the mastery needs a complete overhaul? Mastery barely affecting the number 1 healing spell in 10 man is not really a great thing.