Poll: Who do you side with in the Ashenvale conflict?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, the orcs need lumber, makes me wonder why they need so much, they can do like the dwarves, build more with rock, cause the orcs have shitload of rocks. Hard rock halleluljah!

I voted for the Night elves, cause it's for them sacred land, and even if they attacked the orcs (though however ressently started to chop down the forest), does I see it as an aggression move from the orcs. Would be like humans would walk over barrens and harvest without any orcs trying to stop them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taium View Post
    I wanna know why the orcs haven't been double teaming Durotar and the Barrens with Druids and Shaman to make themselves a paradise. Take Naralex's Wailing Caverns screw up, tame it, and spread it north from there.
    I don't think the orcs have thought so far, war is easier, since they dont need to think? xD Zug Zug my lumber!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Even as a hordie I'd say the nightelves have a more legit claim to the land, there are better ways for orgrimmar / the horde to get lumber, nelves have been using druidic magics to cause trees to grow very quickly into desired shapes for thousands of years, make some kind of deal.
    Here's the deal: you have druids of your own, fertile land in Mulgore, do your thing (And keep goblins away from any trees), besides: how arid and barren is Durotar supposed to be when the Cataclysm pseudo-irrigated a big part of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs. Land unused (as the elves would see it remain forever) is land that may as well not exist.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Night elves for sure. It's one of those things I never really got, Thrall isn't the warmongering madman Garrosh is, he listens to reason. Yet for some reason he decided to allow orcs to invade ashenvale and plunder their lumber? :| At the end of TfT weren't they all kind of buddy buddy. Night elves have lumber, Thrall could have easily asked for lumber in trade of other resources and make their bond with the night elves stronger. But siding with the undeads across the ocean and attacking neighbouring races appearently made more sense.

But it's elven land so I hands down side with them. Just like I will always support lordearon belonging to the forsaken, they lived and died there, only to live there again!

I don't see how anyone could logically say "yes, orcs were in the right to invade the sacred land of the night elves to cut down their trees without proper provocation" and keep a straight face. Except maybe 'he who shall not be named'.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Don't think most horde would even support the orcs there. They are just ruining the environment basically.
    Oh no, some obscure and most likely false ecological ramble! Yeah, better lay of the axe. Who would want to live in a house anyway? The desert we currently have suits our needs so much better.

Fuck the Night Elves. Garrosh was defeated, but his ideals were not.

Deleted
    Deathwing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    I said Orcs. When the Orcs arrived on the continent, they needed lumber to construct a city. At this point they had no knowledge that the forest was claimed by the night elves. When the Night Elves saw a group of orcs chopping down part of the forest, they made no effort to communicate with the orcs, despite the fact that Tyrande (and possibly some of the others) had fought alongside an orc in the past (Broxigar). There was no attempt made to reach a deal or even simply ask the orcs to go elsewhere. They instead attempted to simply murder them. At that point I honestly can't blame the orcs for not responding diplomatically. Also since the initial confrontation, there has been no attempt by the elves to make any type of deal (and it is the elves responsibility to, since they were the aggressor).
    Well time to go trhough your list.
    1:So lets say people break into your house and start to rip your house apart, i hardly think you would be like " hey guys, let sit down and talk about you peeing into my grandmothers vase" the same goes with the orcs, they started to rip part sacred trees in the homeland of the nightelfs.
    2: In warcraft 3, the night elfs never had seen a orc before. it was lore that was added later, and so it can be seen as Broxigar only helped in a different timeline.
    3: The night elfes have not since made confrontation? ones agian you are wrong. There was peace between the night elfs and orcs in late WOLK, it was the orcs who ones agian who made the first attack on ashenvale in Cata.

The orcs invaded a sacred place of the night elfs, A demi god then wanted to protect the people and the forest from thise" monsters" who came. Even after fighting with them in hyjal and still knowing that it was a importen place for the night elfs, the " monsters" where still there, still not careing. Later there was a peace between them, but them the new leader of the " monsters" called garrosh son of the "monster" who led the first attack on this sacred place, ones agian made a suprise invasion on the land agian

Deleted
    As a Goblin I fully support the shredder company.

DOWN WITH THE TREES!

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Oh no, some obscure and most likely false ecological ramble! Yeah, better lay of the axe. Who would want to live in a house anyway? The desert we currently have suits our needs so much better.

Fuck the Night Elves. Garrosh was defeated, but his ideals were not.

Their land, their wood. Orcs had no claim to it, so they deserve any demolishing they get.

And maybe they shouldn't have chosen a barren desert as their home then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Here's the deal: you have druids of your own, fertile land in Mulgore, do your thing (And keep goblins away from any trees), besides: how arid and barren is Durotar supposed to be when the Cataclysm pseudo-irrigated a big part of it?
    Druids cannot magically create trees, the only thing that druids can do is restabilish balance in nature where this has been fucked, and Durotar is, by nature, a freaking rocky desert.

Also, calling "pseudo-irrigation" an utter and destructive disaster is amazing LOL
    Anyway the problem is that Durotar have too much rock in it, it's not just "rocks", almost the whole conformation of Durotar is rocky. And no matter how much water you pump in the rock, nothing will ever grow, apart some useless and random grass or local vegetation.

Well, anyway I went for the "Who cares?". I'm Horde and would be naturally to side with the orcs, I find some of their reasons understandable, still their actions cannot be completely justified, in all honesty, they're still undeniably invaders. Plus while I'm Horde my top favorite race is trolls, not orcs, and trolls have smallest numbers and live in the Echo Isles, which permit the trolls to sustain themselves with fishing and hunting alone, so well...I will not go in berserk to defend orcs at all costs in this, there is no doubt about it.

On the other hand, Night Elves is a race that make me mad, plus they are Alliance, so I don't absolutely care if their precious forest will be burned to the ground or not.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-10-12 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Their land, their wood. Orcs had no claim to it, so they deserve any demolishing they get.

And maybe they shouldn't have chosen a barren desert as their home then?
    If every race in the game acted like human beings, it would be boring as hell. Orcs being more, well, direct about getting what they want is why they are awesome.

Besides, a few orcs walk into an unknown forest in order to gather resources for building a shelter. Suddenly, Greenpeace-ish mad women on cats start slaughtering them, going as far as summoning a DEMIGOD to kill them. Yep, without a single word. I respect that, but that means that both sides have rights to beat the living hit out of each other. And I choose the side which actually has found a way to use the wood instead of just leaving it be somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood and Thunder !! Death to the Night Elves scum

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    If every race in the game acted like human beings, it would be boring as hell. Orcs being more, well, direct about getting what they want is why they are awesome.

Besides, a few orcs walk into an unknown forest in order to gather resources for building a shelter. Suddenly, Greenpeace-ish mad women on cats start slaughtering them, going as far as summoning a DEMIGOD to kill them. Yep, without a single word. I respect that, but that means that both sides have rights to beat the living hit out of each other. And I choose the side which actually has found a way to use the wood instead of just leaving it be somewhere.

A side can be direct like that. But you point it out exactly as it is. A character does not always have to be right. That implies that you can like a character that isn't always right. Yet somehow in this situation, they are right?

And those are the same orcs that invaded and started cutting down trees. What if someone walks into your home and starts grabbing your stuff? "Sorry. I didn't know there was someone living here."

Would you be like: "Oh, okay dude. No problem man."?

And they do use the wood. It's for their trees, which have a connection to their culture. I also agree that, yes, they have the right to beat the leaving tar out of the orcs. Shame Blizzard won't acknowledge that.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    I said Orcs. When the Orcs arrived on the continent, they needed lumber to construct a city. At this point they had no knowledge that the forest was claimed by the night elves. When the Night Elves saw a group of orcs chopping down part of the forest, they made no effort to communicate with the orcs, despite the fact that Tyrande (and possibly some of the others) had fought alongside an orc in the past (Broxigar). There was no attempt made to reach a deal or even simply ask the orcs to go elsewhere. They instead attempted to simply murder them. At that point I honestly can't blame the orcs for not responding diplomatically. Also since the initial confrontation, there has been no attempt by the elves to make any type of deal (and it is the elves responsibility to, since they were the aggressor).
    I'll be cheeky -

Should the NElfs have sent an envoy to a group of people who attacked he first NElf they saw?

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-10-12 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately, I side with neither. But, it's nightelf territory - with spooky ancient magic trees and what not.
    As malfurion says (in hearthstone) "nature will rise against you!"

So i'd say it's best to leave ashenvale the hell alone. We don't need another war of the ancients, though their numbers are few these days (thankfully).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how anyone could logically say "yes, orcs were in the right to invade the sacred land of the night elves to cut down their trees without proper provocation" and keep a straight face. Except maybe 'he who shall not be named'.
    Because it's a game, and we like war? People, this isn't real life. We don't need a UN mandate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I didn't see their name on it.
    Or is that hidden underneath the pile of Night Elf-corpses?

Why not? It has a access to water and a defenceless forest that they can use.

Or the fact that the night elves had been inhabiting that for centuries now? Orcs are alien invaders. Imagine if earth was invaded and plundered for its resources. Would you still say 'the aliens are right. We should not have attacked them back! WE HAD NO CLAIM TO THESE RESOURCES!"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Because it's a game, and we like war? People, this isn't real life. We don't need a UN mandate.

You can still apply morals and right/wrong to a game and its lore/storyline. This game is all about that. I don't see what you are doing here if you are incapable of immersing yourself enough to join this discussion the way it was intended, why join at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still apply morals and right/wrong to a game and its lore/storyline. This game is all about that. I don't see what you are doing here if you are incapable of immersing yourself enough to join this discussion the way it was intended, why join at all?
    If you're bringing real life morals into this game, I think you're bonkers. We're not talking about a game that revolves around diplomacy, we're talking about a game that makes any excuse it can to continue conflict. As it should be. But, if you insist, I'll side with the Orcs because the Night Elves initiated combat first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    And those are the same orcs that invaded and started cutting down trees. What if someone walks into your home and starts grabbing your stuff? "Sorry. I didn't know there was someone living here."

Would you be like: "Oh, okay dude. No problem man."?
    Nope, but I wouldn't take a gun and shot his head either, which is what the night elves metaphorically did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.