Poll: Who do you side with in the Ashenvale conflict?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    No, wrong, fact wrong, the forest is the a sacred place for the night elves, and so by cutting tress down the horde started the attacks. Yeah sure the night elves gave the first arrow shot, but the Orcs started it by cutting the tress down. So the orcs did start the clash, they started to cutting down the trees.
    And if they had no reason to belive one way or the other if it belonged to any one does that make it better? is it okay to invade, rob, cut down sacred places if you dont think it have any meaning to it? And then when the defenders come, to see some random animals cutting down tress should they then peacefully go over and say" yeah will you please stop cutting down the sacred tress?" No, they should not, they protected what was sacred to them when random " monsters" started to cut them down
    Because again, the orcs didn't know the land belonged to the night elves, or that the night elves even existed. They did not know they were invading anything. They did not know the trees held any meaning to anyone as something other than a source of lumber. All other races besides night elves cut tree down for wood to build homes. Is it bad to cut down ANY tree regardless of where it is? That would make every race other than night elves "monsters". Since the orcs had no way to know the land was sacred how are they evil for gathering wood to make their homes?

And later during the night elf mission humans and orc work together and cut down trees to build up their bases in preparation for a conflict with the demons. Tyrande and her elves kill both. Later during the last mission all 3 factions work toegther again Archimonde, the orc and human cut down trees for lumber and the night elves don't say anything about it.
    Last edited by Nazmina; 2013-10-13 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And maybe they shouldn't have chosen a barren desert as their home then?
    Agree, they should have killed all the alliance in eastern kingdoms and just stayed there
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The Orcs for sure, no race in this game has the same amount of loathing I have for the grape skins. Stuck up tree huggers can go sing koombiya in thier giant stupid tree and let some people get the resources they need.

/types furiously eyes glowing and mouth foaming

Play horde mostly, but don't like cutting down trees
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Do you understand the concept of an embargo? The Horde was punished for their failures at the Wrathgate. The Night Elves don't need anything the Orcs have to sell to survive; they've managed their own resources fine for 10000 years. The trade was purely out of good faith, which ended with the betrayals in Icecrown, I know it's difficult for horde fans to understand there are consequences for their actions, on account of they never seem to think their faction has ever done anything wrong, ever. The trade was cutoff for a reason; specifically because there was no economic benefit for the Night Elves with it. Good faith requires the recipient to not be a bunch of thankless greedy assholes.
    Please milady, read again my post and find the part where I complained about this argument, because I clearly missed it. I just stated a fact, not ranting about the reasons for which night elves did what they did. I guess any excuse is good for shouting "HORDE BIAS" isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

This isn't exactly the Israel/Palestine conflict. Go away green skins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    Stuck up tree huggers can go sing koombiya in thier giant stupid tree and let some people get the resources they need.

/types furiously eyes glowing and mouth foaming
    Lol'd pretty hard at this.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Because again, the orcs didn't know the land belonged to the night elves, or that the night elves even existed. They did not know they were invading anything. They did not know the trees held any meaning to anyone as something other than a source of lumber. All other races besides night elves cut tree down for wood to build homes. Is it bad to cut down ANY tree regardless of where it is? That would make every race other than night elves "monsters". Since the orcs had no way to know the land was sacred how are they evil for gathering wood to make their homes?

And later during the night elf mission humans and orc work together and cut down trees to build up their bases in preparation for a conflict with the demons. Tyrande and her elves kill both. Later during the last mission all 3 factions work toegther again Archimonde, the orc and human cut down trees for lumber and the night elves don't say anything about it.
    No, it is not bad to cut down any tree. But fact is, the orces started to cut them down, then the night elves then defended so the Orcs did first blow, no matter what if they meant it or not. But so ones agian, because they did not know, does it make it A-Okay to invade a place, steal it of it reaourses which then turned out to be sacred only because you did not know? And later after the battle for hyjal is not like they left, the stayed in vanila - wolk made a not agreesive pact with the orcs. Then in cata The orcs made a suprise invasion. The orcs all around started it, and broke the peace agian
    Later when the orcs knew they still stopped. Like you said they cut down tress, but it was the lesser of two evils at that point.

Night elves are totally in the right. They've had that land for thousands of years, then the orcs decide "my basic campfire overlords need more wood" so they chop down incredibly ancient and sacred trees for resources. Honestly I don't see how Tyrande let it get that far. It was one thing when there was a minor incursion, but completely destroying an outpost and lumbering entire sections of Ashenvale, as well as laying siege to multiple other settlements, she should at least be kicking ass, if not malfurion. I mean, destroying nature is kind of something Malfurion is pretty against. Either way, I want my beautiful lush forest back, not the burnt up deforested husk we now call ashenvale
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Deleted
    The Night Elves are Europeans with their renewable green energy hogwash.

Orcs are Brazilians. Any rainforest is their enemy and shall taste the axe!

When I'm in Asenvale i'm there for one thing and one thing only. Killing Alliance.

Aldo Rockrain will get his Alliance scalps.

Ok so technically he is talking about stonetalon, but you first met him in Ashenvale.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    No idea.

Horde and Hordies are a pretentious Kool Kidz Klub...

...But in-WoW [Warcraft 3 is a completely different matter ] N-Elves are by far the most bland, boring and uninspired elven concept ever implemented into fantasy game.

I mean, despite how worn-out Tolkien's concepts are, Elves of "Lord of the Rings"-Online are far more interesting, mature in their design and filled with personality/character developement/motives for ongoing actions/lore than N-Elves of World of Warcraft will ever be before the servers go down for the last time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh, woow!
    That "Alliance are the good guy"-behaviour gets really sad when people claim that chopping down wood is 'starting the attack'.

It seems that nothing goes to far to justify a massacre.
    It's a "Jaina-thread" all over again.
    But for the night elves it is? i mean have you even spent 1 minute playing warcraft 3, or world of warcraft? or i dont know, ever read anything about elves in genereld? Cutting down tress in ashenvale is a attack, it is sacred for them. Not claim " the alliance" is a do no wrong, humans did it as well, and night elves attack them as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    But for the night elves it is? i mean have you even spent 1 minute playing warcraft 3, or world of warcraft? or i dont know, ever read anything about elves in genereld? Cutting down tress in ashenvale is a attack, it is sacred for them. Not claim " the alliance" is a do no wrong, humans did it as well, and night elves attack them as well
    Funny how WC3 N-elves were a cruel fury of the nature incarnate... but as soon as they were imported into Alliance, they were turned into emaciated angsty tree huggers who charge head first without a second thought and afterwards run for the hills crying their eyes out upon first blood being drawn.

I play mostly Horde and even I know Ashenvale belongs to the Silverwing Sentinels, hence why we only play grab the flag in Warsong Gulch.

Mainly being a Horde player, and not liking night-elves in general, I still have to side with the Kaldorei on this one... it is their home, and above that, it's not like the it's the Stonetalon mountains or something, this forest is sacred to the night-elves, it is enchanted and what not...
    The Orcs are ruthlessly ruining this natural haven without care, they can be compared to a big mining company destroying a natural reserve....
    The Elves are the good guys in this conflict... no matter what faction you're on.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Could everyone stop with the retarded "break into your house" argument, the orcs had no reason to think anyone lived in those forests
    They didn't ask, they didn't care and with Grom in charge, it wouldn't have mattered.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Falu & the guy a few pages back using the grandma's vase argument. Cool to see how many people actually responded to this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Horde and Hordies are a pretentious Kool Kidz Klub...
    Overgeneralizing is always a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Funny how WC3 N-elves were a cruel fury of the nature incarnate... but as soon as they were imported into Alliance, they were turned into emaciated angsty tree huggers
    They were "tree huggers" all along. I mean, the whole reason for which they attacked the orcs with such fury in WC3 is because they were "desecrating their sacred forest", it's the same reason for which they attacked humans aswell, was not just a matter of aggressive territorialism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Is that a valid reason to attack and kill the native residents of the forest and burn down their settlements?
    What does the Horde need all that wood for?
    Nelves attacked first as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."