Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The new tier gear for Paladin needs to have Heartstone CD reduction again! And also increase bubble time to 10 seconds.

And if you have transmogged to T2 Paladin you will gain 100% statboost.

Man, I remember the amazing healing that Divine Storm used to put out, made surviving those ICC traps near Putricide a little bit easier, and making Decimate not be as scary.
    I'd like auras to come back, and I highlighted some ideas on them in my previous post on Page 9. I think they would have to share a cool down of like 2 or 3 minutes.
    I agree, HotR needs to lose it's target requirement, that's really aggravating when something runs just behind you and you have to spin around to do anything.
    Blessing of Wisdom coming back would actually be pretty cool, still only gives us one of three buffs to put on people, but it gives better variety.
    I know zero about Holy or Prot so I have no input there.
    Maybe we'll get a Cathedral like area when we get our Class Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There are a few things I really miss!
    The active migation-thing is really awesome, but not if that makes haste my best stat.
    not it's not awesome.
    at least for Ret.

Ret has basically nothing BESIDES shitty active mitigation nonsense.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that the most interesting idea I’ve seen so far in here is the change on the seals/aura system…
    Everybody always wanted a Shockadin, and maybe, MAYBE, this would be a nice way of adding.

They could make like 3 stances (kind like druid, as it was previously said): one offensive, one defensive and other healing-like.
    Being in one spec and selecting another spec seal/aura, gives you certain abilities… like:

Holy Pally with offensive Seal/Aura gives the option of the healing spells turning into offensive by the cost of its healing (weakens by whatever%, for example) - shockadin!
    Holy Pally with defensive Seal/Aura gives permanent damage reduction and some defensive buff/skills by the cost of some healing abilities (same as above or better option) – don’t see much of use of this, but maybe someone have a better idea…
    Ret Pally with healing Seal/Aura would have increased mana and receive weakened healing spells by the cost of damaging skills (by increasing cooldown or whatever) – one example would be switching in mid. Fight with healers down
    Ret Pally with defensive Seal/Aura would give defensive cooldowns and utilities by the cost of damage (either limiting the use of offensive skills or by weakening them) – one example would be a save by the end of the fight with tank dying and no br available
    Prot Pally with offensive Seal/Aura would give damaging abilities by the cost of its dodge/damage reduction/whatever (I don’t know nothing about tanks…) – Would be awesome for off tanks building up agro/resetting stacks to build bigger dps
    Prot Pally with healing Seal/Aura would give good self-healing skills with a smaller mana pool by the cost of huge reduction of external heals (^^) – Would be nice for a self-keeping combination with defensive cooldowns, while the healer is ressed or busy with raid heals.

slightly off-topic, but do I get it right that warrios atm can enter Def stance without switching to 1h+shield and do not suffer damage penalties while being in def stance?

The downside to def stance is significantly reduced rage generation

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Ive had too many situations where ranged dps can outrun me as Retribution. I have to get very creative with pillar humping and healing.

Melee need the mobility, ranged don't.

Way back in TBC, Paladins came up with the idea of pulling your enemies to them. You know, instead of giving Paladin Charge, and calling it Holy Charge.

Maybe the ability to swap places with someone while redirecting damage to you? The new Divine Intervention.
    Yeah I remember way before deathknights were announced the Paladins forums got really excited about a spell called Chains of Justice, which would wrap chains around an enemy and drag him to you... there other examples as well I'm sure... we have been posting about mounting in combat for ages as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though mounting in combat is kinda cool, i would rather just have a charge ability, simple as that, plus i find it much more fun than mounting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Ive had too many situations where ranged dps can outrun me as Retribution. I have to get very creative with pillar humping and healing.

Melee need the mobility, ranged don't.
    Melee is not meant to have 100% uptime on range which is something most melee I am seeing (including this thread) are expecting. And I am pretty sure that the only class that has an ok time keeping melee at bay anymore is a mages and hunters and even they have issues with warriors. You can't expect to have the same uptime as warriors which are the most imbalanced class in pvp.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-11-07 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Melee is not meant to have 100% uptime on range which is something most melee I am seeing (including this thread) are expecting. And I am pretty sure that the only class that has an ok time keeping melee at bay anymore is a mages and hunters and even they have issues with warriors. You can't expect to have the same uptime as warriors which are the most imbalanced class in pvp.
    The problem is that some rangeds are able to keep you at bay all the time.

Yeah, I agree with you. We're probably just having PTSD from Frost Mages in Wrath. Overkill is something to be expected, but that doesn't make it right. As Demsi posted above me though, it becomes less of us sticking to them 60% of the time and them being away and unloading on us 40% and being fairly even in damage, to more of that example being vice-versa.

Now I'm not saying every melee needs a heroic leap/blink/death-grip mechanic, because THAT is the epitome of overkill. I do, however, think it would work better on Ret since we require ramp up and we can only guarantee a relatively fast, heavy hitting TV whenever Exorcism is up. Otherwise we have to wait for Judgement to catch up to people and give us our stacks, and if we're going against a mage, they'll just spell-steal our Wrath. There goes our other ranged attack, and they get 20% more damage, forcing us to pop DP and even Devotion Aura at the same time, sealing our fate eventually.

I think because of Ret's need to stay on something to do lethal damage, maybe we don't need a Heroic Leap or a charge. Maybe we need a catch-up mechanic, sometimes Long Arm of the Law/Speed of Light/Pursuit of Justice is enough, but more often than not, we have to hope they blow a blink or something at a bad time for us to get a firm grip. Maybe we could make Emancipate or Hand of Freedom increase movement speed when it dispels a slow or snare?

Any one else have two or three cents to put in on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    i want em remove from the game there cant be 2 hero classes

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    i want em remove from the game there cant be 2 hero classes
    We're only heroes in name, friend. \(T)/

melee is not meant to have 30% uptime on ranged aswise.
    but hey, everyone says Rets are not pure melee so it's kind of ok, hurr hurr.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    melee is not meant to have 30% uptime on ranged aswise.
    but hey, everyone says Rets are not pure melee so it's kind of ok, hurr hurr.
    We're not very amazing melee outside of CD's and we're pretty crap ranged. Exorcism is only up every 10~ seconds and it's not too great of damage considering it's not affected at all by Weapon Damage. Hammer of Wrath is in the same boat, and that's only available in Wings and as an Execute. Execution sentence is decent damage and only on a 1 min CD. Judgement isn't that amazing, and we can only get extra ranged options if we have symbiosis or have Harsh Words.

In my opinion, just because we can do like 30% of our normal damage at range doesn't mean we don't need catch-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    We're not very amazing melee outside of CD's and we're pretty crap ranged. Exorcism is only up every 10~ seconds and it's not too great of damage considering it's not affected at all by Weapon Damage. Hammer of Wrath is in the same boat, and that's only available in Wings and as an Execute. Execution sentence is decent damage and only on a 1 min CD. Judgement isn't that amazing, and we can only get extra ranged options if we have symbiosis or have Harsh Words.

In my opinion, just because we can do like 30% of our normal damage at range doesn't mean we don't need catch-ups.
    well, you see, your opinion, as well as mine, does not suit all the non-paladins and devs.
    that's the catch, sure as sure.

well, you see, your opinion, as well as mine, does not suit all the non-paladins and devs.
    that's the catch, sure as sure.
    Sure as sure, indeed. I just hope that Ret starts the expansion in a good spot. Since the end of Wrath, we've started off pretty lackluster.
    We'll see soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichorum View Post
    Sure as sure, indeed. I just hope that Ret starts the expansion in a good spot. Since the end of Wrath, we've started off pretty lackluster.
    We'll see soon enough.
    yeah, but you know, hope is the vilest poison, and I think I've had enough after 6+ years.

Make a 4th shockadin ranged dps spec, I'd start playing my paladins again.

yeah, but you know, hope is the vilest poison, and I think I've had enough after 6+ years.
    Yeah, I understand that, I've spent too much time on mine to not play it, even if it's the worst class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrative View Post
    Make a 4th shockadin ranged dps spec, I'd start playing my paladins again.
    This is another interesting idea.
    I never got to experience Shockadin, I would like that ranged, divine artillery kind of spec to come back though.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone jog my memory?

When you crit on Seal/Judgement of Blood/the Martyr, did the backlash damage also double?