Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For ret I would like all our damage to be holy (when I say this I mean everything to be holy excluding melee swings) and exo to scale the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by kickingcan40 View Post
    For ret I would like all our damage to be holy (when I say this I mean everything to be holy excluding melee swings) and exo to scale the right way.
    I don't agree with this, but you could ask for a CD that is a rip-off of ascendance that turns all damage (white and yellow) into holy damage. Sounds nice (except that it's an ascendance ripoff).

-The old Templar's Verdict animation back. Two diagonal slashes looked far better than a hammer spinning above my enemies for whatever silly reason that was deemed to be better.

-The old Sacred Shield to be restored; for Ret at least.

-Some sort of spell that would involve a Libram. Not necessarily meaning a Libram would be physically attached to the Paladin (although that would look nice), but i've imagined a spell where, for example, you summon a Libram of Light in front of you with the normal offensive casting animation; the Libram opening and the pages turning quickly as though being blown by wind, causing searing flashes of light that apply some sort of AoE Holy DoT.

-Consecration back for Ret. Spamming Hammer of Righteousness/Divine Storm isn't very fun. Plus Consecration (as well as Retribution Aura in my opinion) have always been iconic spells.

-More Cosmetic Glyphs. One that'd turn the Guardian of Ancient Kings into some sort of Naaru, for example, would be rather cool.

-Draenei-themed armour sets. Trying to give us some sort of "Holy Iron Horde" theme would only end badly I think.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2014-01-15 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Old Rebuke animation back.
    Why they changed it I'll never know. I'd minor glyph it into kick animation right away if it was possible.

For ret, remove inquisition. Just plain annoying.

Bring back divine storm as part of the normal rotation. Loved the idea of "auto cleave" mechanic for pallys and warriors.

Maybe it's just me but I loved Holy Shield for prot.

Can't say much for holy except for a small tone down on AoE heals.

Oh and wtb old HoW back.
    Last edited by kail; 2014-01-17 at 05:24 AM.

Protection paladins:
    Being able to survive pretty much anything, without stacking agressive stats. Bring back block % / Values.
    - Feels a bit sad to take high hits all the time (even if you can heal it up). Kinda feels like Shaman-tanking in early Burning crusade (there's GOT to be more that have tried that).

Abilities: Divine Intervention & Rigtheous Defense. I miss those two. Not to mention "Blessing of Light", or "Blessing of Sanctuary". BoSanc!
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually think now they could use seals to show better effects rather than putting back auras. Giving us back the visual for Seal of Blood got me thinking of ways they could tweak with the spell effects, maybe. They're so boring atm and we don't quite have the 'stance dance' ordeals.

I miss the kick animation for rebuke. That needs to come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Divine Intervention! Been wiping alot recently on Flexi and man do I miss it.

That and Librams. As in, the graphic, not the item slot.

I would love to see a "fallen paladin questline", kinda like the green fire quest for Locks. Turns all the shiny light spelleffects into dark purple effects, to give a more dark feeling to those of us who, enjoys the pally gameplay, but dont wanna be "holy crusaders" protecting the weak, saving the world and fighting evil.

-That would truly be awesomness and make me main my Pally.

General:
    - Visible Librams
    - A beautiful, big, straight, two-edged, white and golden holy two-hand sword. How come that EVERY two-hand sword is just a demon black magic bone blade?
    - Old Divine Storm animation
    - Permanent aura visuals (or maybe let Aura of Retribution visual procc of AoW/Inq or something)
    - Exorcism does an additional 20% damage as a DoT effect over 6 seconds
    - Hand of Light damage merged with the damage of J/CS/HotR/TV/DS

For PvE:
    - Cut Inquisition to 12 seconds per Holy Power, because as of right now you might as well make it passive. (I like Inquisition, though I get the impression I'm the only one)

For PvP:
    - Glyph implemented for Inquisition to last 20 seconds per Holy Power, for the PvPers.
    - Hand of Freedom to remove Stuns again (25sec cooldown due to Clemency)
    - Cata Sacred Shield reimplemented for Retribution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    General:
    - A beautiful, big, straight, two-edged, white and golden holy two-hand sword. How come that EVERY two-hand sword is just a demon black magic bone blade?
    - Old Divine Storm animation
    - Permanent aura visuals (or maybe let Aura of Retribution visual procc of AoW/Inq or something)
    - Exorcism does an additional 20% damage as a DoT effect over 6 seconds
    - Hand of Light damage merged with the damage of J/CS/HotR/TV/DS
    ^ this! so much!

Quote Originally Posted by panzerfar View Post
    I would love to see a "fallen paladin questline", kinda like the green fire quest for Locks. Turns all the shiny light spelleffects into dark purple effects, to give a more dark feeling to those of us who, enjoys the pally gameplay, but dont wanna be "holy crusaders" protecting the weak, saving the world and fighting evil.

-That would truly be awesomness and make me main my Pally.
    If you don't want to be a holy crusader that protects the weak and ensures that justice prevails, become a Blood Knight. Then you can be as vengeful and decidedly non-holy (you burn down a church as part of the quest-line for ****s sake) as you want. Of course, that means becoming a Blood Elf, but that's no bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by kickingcan40 View Post
    For ret I would like all our damage to be holy
    This would be a little OP and unfair to other melee classes.

As a cooldown? Sure, that would work.

But all the time? Having 100% armor pen at all times, for free, would be stupidly OP.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    This would be a little OP and unfair to other melee classes.

As a cooldown? Sure, that would work.

But all the time? Having 100% armor pen at all times, for free, would be stupidly OP.
    If it's worked on from the start, a spec can be balanced on only doing non-physical damage or otherwise doing damage that ignores armor. Ret would still be at a disadvantage to all the other armor-ignoring specs since it has to close in to melee, and the devs have said they've specifically designed Ret to not have so much mobility because of the utility and off-healing it brings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You mean like any caster?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    Hello, I've stumbleb back here because of a email from MMO champion telling me happy birthday, and now i'm pondering a return (been gone since beginning of cata). How is Ret looking nowadays?

Also, anybody still bouncing around from when I was here?
    Nothing to see here, move along...

Hey guy I still haven't changed my sig lol.

I just subbed again for a couple months when MOP was 10 bucks. Having fun messing around. Are you on BDF too?
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2014-01-17 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    If it's worked on from the start, a spec can be balanced on only doing non-physical damage or otherwise doing damage that ignores armor. Ret would still be at a disadvantage to all the other armor-ignoring specs since it has to close in to melee, and the devs have said they've specifically designed Ret to not have so much mobility because of the utility and off-healing it brings.
    To balance out armor classes in PvP, it seems most physical/melee classes have abilities that either greatly or completely ignore their target's armor value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    To balance out armor classes in PvP, it seems most physical/melee classes have abilities that either greatly or completely ignore their target's armor value.
    Right now it seems that ret suffers worst when it comes to armor as a melee, a warrior can completely ignore armor with CS, Dk have many attacks that deal spell dmg, Rouges got Shadow blades and 50% reduced armor thingy as sub, and assasination got really strong poisons, monks have tiger power. Paladins got holy spells that deals crap dmg and a "Finisher" that deals 275% weapon dmg, the same as Slam wich can be spammed.

Deleted
    I would adore to see Divine Storm animation restored to its former glory. Current one looks very, very bad. Please, join me in my wordly wordy effort in persuading Blizzard to do it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    I would adore to see Divine Storm animation restored to its former glory. Current one looks very, very bad. Please, join me in my wordly wordy effort in persuading Blizzard to do it!
    Different animation? i haven`t noticed a thing about the DS animation being changed since Wrath.