Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I'm not sure that's so much the case. Right now Paladins largely bring healing utility. As you mentioned Devotion Aura = Rallying Cry; Sacrifice = Safeguard (both pretty much require a spec/glyph). Paladins bring some extra situation utility (Hands, Cleanse) while Warriors bring DPS buffs (Skull Banner, Shattering Throw).

Overall the DPS buffs IMO are stronger than the healing utility but of course Paladins have more healing utility than Warriors DPS buffs besides the banner (ST IIRC is not that strong). Extra healing (45 talents) can be comparable to a warrior's survival toolkit (many more defensive CD's).

When it comes to PvE raiding situations, I feel Warriors should not do some much "extra DPS" as in a tax, but probably should and in fact right now definitely do have more "broad" means to DPS since after all, they have two DPS specs. So for instance, they handle AoE (8 target), cleave (3 target) and ST and burst situations better than Ret, although IMO marginally.

When it comes to PvP it's a different ballpark since healing and group utility and CC comes into play a not more, but I'm not really an expert at this area.
    When it comes to PVP Warriors shine even better than ret, warriors have tons of cc and insane dmg, not to mention Great mobility and better survivability, there is no reason to pick a Ret over a warrior or any other melee, and if you need the utility a paladin bring you are better off with a holy paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    When it comes to PVP Warriors shine even better than ret, warriors have tons of cc and insane dmg, not to mention Great mobility and better survivability, there is no reason to pick a Ret over a warrior or any other melee, and if you need the utility a paladin bring you are better off with a holy paladin.
    That and I feel Battle Fatigue has now reduced Ret off-healing (counterpart to warrior % damage reduction/mobility) to pretty much fucking zero now. While warrior % damage reduction/mobility doesn't suffer from that Battle Fatigue one bit.

I'm not sure that's so much the case. Right now Paladins largely bring healing utility. As you mentioned Devotion Aura = Rallying Cry; Sacrifice = Safeguard (both pretty much require a spec/glyph). Paladins bring some extra situation utility (Hands, Cleanse) while Warriors bring DPS buffs (Skull Banner, Shattering Throw).

Overall the DPS buffs IMO are stronger than the healing utility but of course Paladins have more healing utility than Warriors DPS buffs besides the banner (ST IIRC is not that strong). Extra healing (45 talents) can be comparable to a warrior's survival toolkit (many more defensive CD's).

When it comes to PvE raiding situations, I feel Warriors should not do some much "extra DPS" as in a tax, but probably should and in fact right now definitely do have more "broad" means to DPS since after all, they have two DPS specs. So for instance, they handle AoE (8 target), cleave (3 target) and ST and burst situations better than Ret
    And this is why you don't see a lot of rets at top 5 world kills, that early in tiers gear is low so anything you can do to increase raid dps you'll do, even if ret and warr dps was the same you'd take warriors, more about crit banner being OP and should be removed but whatever.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Warrior is just in a really good spot at this moment, especially above a 570 ilvl. I'm 578 on my Ret Paladin and pretty close to my SimDPS, where my warrior still has a lot of room to grow. Had I been a warrior throughout the tier and been as geared as my paladin during Garrosh progression I feel like we would have had a much earlier and easier kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    That and I feel Battle Fatigue has now reduced Ret off-healing (counterpart to warrior % damage reduction/mobility) to pretty much fucking zero now. While warrior % damage reduction/mobility doesn't suffer from that Battle Fatigue one bit.
    oh and battle fatigue is being buffed up to 65%

I want Prot dps to be brought up to the other tanks level so I don't feel compelled to reroll Monk for Mythic progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    I want Prot dps to be brought up to the other tanks level so I don't feel compelled to reroll Monk for Mythic progression.
    Prot Dps is pretty good actually, the reason is that they have low base dmg but scale really well with vengeance, with high vengeance i can see as much as 700k avengers shield and i once did 1,6 mil with holy wrath

Sorry but no, Paladin Vengeance scaling is crap. You'll be lucky to do half what a Warrior can do with it on Siegecrafter.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Sorry but no, Paladin Vengeance scaling is crap. You'll be lucky to do half what a Warrior can do with it on Siegecrafter.
    Personally i dont mind as long as we have eternal flame to gives that insane HoT

Deleted
    I would like to see more paladin like transmog gear , white gold etc. A nice flying mount would be nice aswell

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    WOD will see Vengeance not affect DPS anymore. Which may be nice....Protadin DPS could easily be more than doubled.

Personally, I've always thought Vengeance was a fairly poor mechanic. Sure, the issue it tries to address is very real but I've always thought there are other ways Blizzard could have addressed them.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    More shockadin stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I am a fan of a flying paladin mount...

The idea of a holy flying elekk or Sunwalker kodo is a tad bit too much to process. I think the whole diversity given to us will not let us see flying mounts for our class mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Eh. Worgen got "running on all fours" as a mount. If they don't want to do a proper pegasus because it's too human/elf centric, they can just give us wings; crib the rigging for the animations from the Val'kyr.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"