Can you upgrade Garrosh's heirlooms?

Is is possible to upgrade the heirloom weapons from Garrosh?

I expect the answer is probably no, given they are ilv 561 as standard but it's worth asking.

You can't upgrade them.

Deleted
    No they basically come upgraded already. I'm sure it has to do with potential issues surrounding upgrading scaling weapons.

No, but as Daear said, they already come 8 ilvls higher than any other weapon.

Sadly, this makes then less than desirable when comparing to a warforged.

my question about them, is will the flex/normal/heroic versions keep their relative power over each other?

as it stands now, the DPS difference between the flex and heroic versions of the 2h axe is around 1.7k. will that persist when we hit lvl 91?
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    my question about them, is will the flex/normal/heroic versions keep their relative power over each other?

as it stands now, the DPS difference between the flex and heroic versions of the 2h axe is around 1.7k. will that persist when we hit lvl 91?
    Most likely yes, but I don't think there's been anything official about it, else I could not see a point about keeping them HC/Norm/Flex (could have just had them in Norm/HC and always be Norm)

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Most likely yes, but I don't think there's been anything official about it, else I could not see a point about keeping them HC/Norm/Flex (could have just had them in Norm/HC and always be Norm)
    my only thought about it is that when an expac drops its supposed to be a gear reset within the first 1-2 levels, and if some people have weapos(the most important item) that is going to be significantly better then others then there is no real reset. it could also mean that there heroic ones might be on par/better than the first tier of raid weapons.

personally i would like to see them all lose the green text and become the same at lvl 91, im 14/14 N right now so i will most likely end up with the normal version if they ever drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Historically heirlooms when scaling have been about the equivalent of a blue item of that level. I don't see that changing for these.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I don't want to open a thread about a simple question I will post it here instead:

Are the Garrosh heirlooms personal loot? Can I coin them or chain run Garrosh as long as I have coins? Or are the weapons distributed similarly to the legendary quest items (one chance for the loot per week and no coin will increase the chance to get the item)?

Deleted
    Garrosh heirlooms are personal loot. When you defeat him, everyone rolls a chance to get one (I assume 15%) and it will just drop into their bags. This is seperate from the standard loot he drops. Also when you coin, you have a chance to get items off his regular loot table but also the heirlooms. I'm not sure if you can get the offspec heirlooms for your coins after you've a received a main spec one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
    No, but as Daear said, they already come 8 ilvls higher than any other weapon.

Sadly, this makes then less than desirable when comparing to a warforged.
    Think of them as a long-term investment. They're already competitive with non-Warforged weapons, and they'll eventually outpower the Warforged weapons as you level next expansion (provided you got them on Heroic and not Normal or Flex).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Are the Garrosh heirlooms personal loot? Can I coin them or chain run Garrosh as long as I have coins? Or are the weapons distributed similarly to the legendary quest items (one chance for the loot per week and no coin will increase the chance to get the item)?
    Personal loot. First weapon will be appropriate for your loot spec, randomly rewarded after.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!