Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Grinding gear on isle and grinding gear in MoP dungeons is same crap. Aoe the shit down.
    Actually, those ordon mobs are tougher to avoid and are less forgiving then any dungeon mob or boss.
    indeed, you can aoe the living shit out of every MoP dungeon mob and burn down every boss very easily. on timeless isle? if you can't move or react quick to whats coming your way you are going to have a bad time. it is a much better trainer for new players then the snore fest that are dungeons now a days.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, we are not all like you, that type of player. I don't mean that in a bad way, just saying there are all sorts of different people playing with different ideas of fun and challenge.
    And the majority can't do a gazillion dps in a heroic encounter. Wow nowadays wants to cater to almost everyone.

As long as Timeless Isle doesn't give Bis gear on a platter I don't see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Ehm no, the difficulty of heroic dungeons is so low at the moment that the mechanics doesn't matter and you don't learn anything from them. In fact I would say that you become less skilled as a new player because you might start to expect that the raiding content is that easy.

The elite npc's on Timeless Isle are more dangerous than the bosses in the dungeons, my Warlock with almost 800k health dies from two of their abilities if I'm not careful.
    No they aren't. This is apples and oranges big time. First off with dungeon bosses you are in a group. If the mobs on the Isle were dungeon bosses, they would be SO easily it is funny because you have a GROUP. They are only MORE dangerous because you aren't in a group. They aren't harder, you are just by yourself. I would love for you to solo some MoP dungeon bosses and say "those are easier than mobs on Timeless Isle."

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People derailed the thread.

Its not about what timeless isle is and if its good or bad.

Timeless Isle as an idea and how it was done is GOOD.

The gear scaling is HORRIBLE.

I can have my character ready to queue in 1 hour after he dings 90, but the character is completely useless anywhere apart from the first Tier LFR and Heroic Dungeons because the gear is HORRIBLE.

You cant even do 100k DPS with timeless gear, which actually you cant even do about 70K apart from maybe certain classes like Hunters which scale from stats as well as weapon making you completely and utterly useless.

WoTLK dungeons were ~19 item levels below the 10man, aka the previous 10man tier.

Cata dungeons were the same 19 item levels below.

Timeless isle is 57 item levels behind, 3 tiers behind making you completely utterly useless.
    Glorious Leader derailed the thread, as he always does with his absurd ideas based on his lack of ability and feeling of entitlement.

I'll be infracted again because he likes to troll and mods mods would prefer to infract those of us who have contributed constructively on a consistent basis when we call him out, but have no issue letting a troll run free.

Infract me. If trolls like him are allowed and not constructive posters, then this is not a forum I want to be a part of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    No they aren't. This is apples and oranges big time. First off with dungeon bosses you are in a group. If the mobs on the Isle were dungeon bosses, they would be SO easily it is funny because you have a GROUP. They are only MORE dangerous because you aren't in a group. They aren't harder, you are just by yourself. I would love for you to solo some MoP dungeon bosses and say "those are easier than mobs on Timeless Isle."
    Actually they are. Go pull with group of 5 players 5 ordon mobs and you'll see they are pretty tough. If you are not careful you will die in 2 shots. I can't remember a boss in MoP dungeon who was that unforgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    how is it more epic to have the entire loot experience out of your hands and completely not in your ability to control? No matter what skill or ability or time you put in it doesn't matter. How is it more epic to have an algorithm determine your reward? I'm sorry it doesn't make any fuckijng sense what so ever. The game was a success when it was trending away from grinds. The trend has been reversed starting with cata.
    Its not in your ability because you cant down bosses. It is in my ability, because I'm not terrible.

Deleted
    For me gearing in heroics was way more fun than anything they tried since late cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Its not in your ability because you cant down bosses. It is in my ability, because I'm not terrible.
    No I down normal bosses all the time. That still doesn't matter though because I have no say what actually drops from the boss. Unless you have some power I'm not aware of you cannot dictate what the boss will drop so no it's not in your power. In the same sense that LFR players can't dictate when they will receive a bag of gold and when they will actually get loot. You are delusional.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    No I down normal bosses all the time. That still doesn't matter though because I have no say what actually drops from the boss. Unless you have some power I'm not aware of you cannot dictate what the boss will drop so no it's not in your power. You are delusional.
    Isn't it better to get gold, gear and other sort of goodies from bosses than simply go to shop and buy it? Valor gear was added to help with bad RNG but it became "go grind valor and buy gear". I think that sucks ass.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's great.

I got 10 items for my mage in about 1 hour or less. Upgraded the trinket because it's really worth it and bang! my mage alt went from full hc blues to basically full epics at a lvl item where in just 2 more items I could do LFR or something like that.

Since Timeless Isle is not giving real epics but low ilvl ones, I think it's great. If it was giving away current tier items I wouldn't really be glad about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it better to get gold, gear and other sort of goodies from bosses than simply go to shop and buy it? Valor gear was added to help with bad RNG but it became "go grind valor and buy gear". I think that sucks ass.
    That's not what happens though. More often then not you don't get gear or goodies. More often then not you get gold and increasingly worthless valor. grind valor and buy gear was a million and one times better than constant cock block rng. It gave casual players something to work towards and offset terrible archaic systems in the game that ought to be done away with.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Isle is win, though i miss a new dungeon which we havent had through out an whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my fondest memories of WoW was when I completed the epic hunter quest and got the bow and staff. I do miss that. I really 'worked' for that and it felt very rewarding. I remember shouting in general and guild chat, haha. I do miss that a bit nowadays, but other than that I think Blizzard wants people to just have fun asap. Purples usually bring fun. I think that's fine really, but there should be room for interesting and special challenges.
    It's a rpg, improve your character, and improve it a bit more with special stuff.

Glorious Leader doesnt even play. He's a troll. Leave him bbe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Glorious Leader doesnt even play. He's a troll. Leave him bbe.
    Not any more but it's a catch twenty two. If you have an active sub people call you out for playing but still complaining. if you don't they call you out for not even playing.
    The hammer comes down:

Actually they are. Go pull with group of 5 players 5 ordon mobs and you'll see they are pretty tough. If you are not careful you will die in 2 shots. I can't remember a boss in MoP dungeon who was that unforgiving.
    See now you have to pull groups for them to be difficult with a random group of 5. Are you gonna tell me a traditional tank, heals and 3 dps setup are gonna have a hard time with 2 or 3 mobs? Also I am talking about a single mob and not a group. Again I would love to see anyone here with any class by themselves solo some MoP dungeon bosses without a sweat. The bosses are easy because they are in a dungeon group and everyone knows what they are doing.

LFR is the new really bad, even half decent people can do flexi now and don't bother with LFR.

yeah no, i think the isle is a great place to gear up my fresh warrior without having to go through the pain of doing the old dungeons over and over again until im blue in the face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    See now you have to pull groups for them to be difficult with a random group of 5. Are you gonna tell me a traditional tank, heals and 3 dps setup are gonna have a hard time with 2 or 3 mobs? Also I am talking about a single mob and not a group. Again I would love to see anyone here with any class by themselves solo some MoP dungeon bosses without a sweat. The bosses are easy because they are in a dungeon group and everyone knows what they are doing.
    Did I say it's super hard? No. But it's harder then doing MoP dungeons. I can tell you that I need to move more as a tank on ordon mobs then I ever did in dungeons on bosses.

how is it more epic to have the entire loot experience out of your hands and completely not in your ability to control? No matter what skill or ability or time you put in it doesn't matter. How is it more epic to have an algorithm determine your reward? I'm sorry it doesn't make any fuckijng sense what so ever. The game was a success when it was trending away from grinds. The trend has been reversed starting with cata.

Um, it's more epic because when you win from killing it, it feels like something you'd expect in an MMO. And as I mentioned earlier, players do (in normal modes, not LFR) have control over loot. And if you are honestly expecting the game to give you all the upgrades you need every time you kill a boss, why would people keep playing if they have no more gear to obtain after a week or two?

The game got steadily built players while it had grinds in it, so not sure what you are talking about there. And if you don't think there were grinds in vanilla or bc, you probably didn't play them lol.