Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Starting so late.

Going back to Alliance for a while.

Healing with lower rankings of my abilities for a while during ZA in BC because i had to write the full name of the ability, including the rank in my makros...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

I had just joined a 25 man guild in BC that a few of my friends were in after running ZA as a holy priest. On our first night of Kael'Thas attempts I was raiding downstairs on my computer (my parents were aware I was raiding at the time, I was still under 18). During one of our pulls, Thaladrad chose me to follow, and my mom immediately walks in the room to talk to me. I try to tell her I'm in the middle of an attempt, but she demands I turn the computer screen off and talk to her then. I wiped the raid, and didn't log on for a week. The guild subsequently took a month long break.

When I first started, I was Alliance. Had friends that were horde on another server and they asked if we were "pretty set on server and toon" and I was level 35 and said "I'm level 35! That's huge!!" well, hit 70 started gearing, got hacked and went horde. Never looked back.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    I had just joined a 25 man guild in BC that a few of my friends were in after running ZA as a holy priest. On our first night of Kael'Thas attempts I was raiding downstairs on my computer (my parents were aware I was raiding at the time, I was still under 18). During one of our pulls, Thaladrad chose me to follow, and my mom immediately walks in the room to talk to me. I try to tell her I'm in the middle of an attempt, but she demands I turn the computer screen off and talk to her then. I wiped the raid, and didn't log on for a week. The guild subsequently took a month long break.
    I hate when ppl do this, or fake dc, isnt it easyer to say "brb" or "im out sorry" what could happen ? im pretty sure ANY guild would understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    I hate when ppl do this, or fake dc, isnt it easyer to say "brb" or "im out sorry" what could happen ? im pretty sure ANY guild would understand that.

Oh, totally. It was mostly my 17 year old mentality and being hyper embarassed about being new in a guild and having something that ridiculous happen. I did the next day make an appology on the forums where the GM had posted the topic about taking a break from raiding and explained the situation, as well as my own embarassment. The break taking wasn't just because of me, I just always found it funny that the day after my first real raid with them they decided to do so. As the thread title says "worst mistake in WoW" EDIT: The situation with my mother did also go on for a while after the initial death, so I didn't really have the opportunity to return to the raid that night anyway. Yay highschool

Leaving a gladiator rating team after S9's rating inflation in the start of S10 because of some petty quarrels with my teammates. I would've never thought that its rating would've gotten gladiator. Oh well.

Deleted
    Changing server/main so many times. I've been kicked from a guild once, didn't make my trial one time, guild disbanded 3 or 4 times, and every time I would feel embarrassed, even though it had hardly anything to do with me, and change realm and main. I will try and stick to one realm and character for now!

Playing WoW is my biggest mistake in WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling my DS LFR gear.

not continueing the scepter quest during tbc.... dem wolk scarab lords...

Probably deleting stuff that could have been used for Transmog.

All my TBC PVP gear, the purple Paladin set from pre-wrath events etc.

The worst mistake I ever made was after Blizzcon 2010. My guild of 3 years meets up there, we were ready to take on the new expansion and just spend some time hanging out. Those were my real friends. December 7th 2010. Cataclysm comes out it was meant to be the Renaissance of WoW and bring a new life to the game.

We start gearing. As the months of endless dungeons and painfully difficult hard modes press on I start to lose my identity, without the old WoW I am depressed and my guild is starting to show its cracks with age. The guild disbanded on June 28th 2011, my 30th birthday and the start of Firelands. I feel old, this game is no longer for me and I have no more friends. That was my biggest mistake. Not leaving that day.

Deleted
    Classic:
    Leaving my first Realm because of Free Realm-Transfers to some low Populated realm with my guild because we thought we would be the "kings" there... of course we were but the realm was simply dead while our old realm was in laying in prosperity for many more months.

TBC:
    Playing to Gladiator-Rating quite early in S2 as Paladin/Warrior, after a few weeks deciding to play a few games "just for fun" and maybe increase rating by a few more points to make Gladiator "Ultra-Save"... everything was infested with Restodruid+X by the time and we lost something like 200 Rating in one night that cost us our first Gladiator-Title and i had to wait till S4.

Wotlk:
    Having a good team for Gladiator in the last week of S7, but because we had to play from 0 rating we were to lazy to actually do it. On the last day of the season we decided to give it a try and climbed to a rating only ~50 points below Gladiator-Titles but then everyone had to go to bed. If we played just one day early we would have gotten it easily.

I still got something like 10 Gladiator Titles over the years but the ones i missed were because of bad mistakes which i regreted.

Being convinced that faster progression means having more fun. The real truth is to find a group that you love but whose learning curve doesn't frustrate you...then stay. Enjoy.

Moving my main to a new server/faction and then not wanting to drop 55$ for each of my alts, so rolling and leveling ALL NEW Alliance alts in the same classes. So now I have like 18 toons, most of them repeats. Only 1 priest/shaman/hunter/monk though.

Worst mistake in wow...starting back after taking a year off.

I always leave guilds without telling anyone, usually in the morning when no one is on, I hate saying goodbyes.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Not buying a run for lvl 70 ZA mount. What's the point of having gold if you don't spend it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirvan Shadow View Post
    I once said on Ventrilo something along the lines of 'taunt, for god's sake' [after getting deadly levels of some stacks... I guess it was from Ragnaros] in a pug, revealing my gender.

Then I found out - the hard way - that my co-tank was a 14y old kid looking for a girlfriend. Sweet god, he was such a creep. I mean, he was stalking me - whispering 'hi, sweetheart' every time I logged on, asking me where I live, whether I had someone, or if I 'liked' him. It didn't matter that I was ignoring every character he was writing to me from; he just created another.

And the worst thing was - he wasn't speaking english in private chat, so when I send a ticket, asking for help, a GM told me they can't do anything cause they don't understand what he's saying. Thanks, really.
    Hi sweetheart long time no see :P