Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnsome View Post
    My absolute worst experience had to be in Cataclysm when I rolled a Rogue and used Ambush spam up until level 70, and realized just how terrible I was at the class. So I deleted the character because of how frustrating it was to learn the class from scratch.

Basically what it felt like:

"Oh damn, theres more than just Ambush and opening to a Rogue? Alright shouldn't be that hard, let me just go search it up..."

Oh jesus, no offence to you man, but if you didn't know that... Blizzard really needs to fix how questing and classes work so new players can LEARN to use all their abilities. I blame the super balls easy low level content for why you didn't figure this out earlier. :P

My worst experience was probably being a hunter in Vanilla, you have no idea how many times I forgot to get my pet off of follow or aggressive stance. I pulled so many mobs and wiped the group in those days hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Oh jesus, no offence to you man, but if you didn't know that... Blizzard really needs to fix how questing and classes work so new players can LEARN to use all their abilities. I blame the super balls easy low level content for why you didn't figure this out earlier. :P

My worst experience was probably being a hunter in Vanilla, you have no idea how many times I forgot to get my pet off of follow or aggressive stance. I pulled so many mobs and wiped the group in those days hahaha
    It's funny watching my girlfriend play. She just started less than two weeks ago, and it's her first MMO.

We got up to 36 on her mage and she decided she wanted to try a hunter. She did some quests and such and asked me for help with an ability she had gotten... So I went over, and watched as she finished off a mob, just spamming Serpent Sting haha.

I explained to her what a DoT was and showed her how her other abilities work together, etc. A few minutes later she was like "they die so fast now!!!"

It's awesome seeing someone play for the first time. Nostalgia

Deleted
    Selling my old account after finally getting Shadowmourne and Thunderfury because i "100% won't start again"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Transferring servers.

Deciding to play in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorlok View Post
    Selling my old account after finally getting Shadowmourne and Thunderfury because i "100% won't start again"...
    I am so sorry, haha, I'm tempting of selling my account if the next expansion doesn't appeal to me. If I do come back some day in the future I'd love to just start again.

Though I wouldn't have my Vanilla cheives

Deleted
    Starting to play WoW wasn't a mistake for me - but giving it priority over other things certainly was.
    Ingame: after more than 6 years of WoW I suddenly blinked into a boss just recently - I never thought this would ever happen to me

I did the same, not with Legendarys, but with some really good characters. From BC to Firelands I had two accounts. The first had some good characters on it and I sold them right before Wrath (for a decent chunk of money, since they were worth a lot more back then). The second I kept and right before Firelands came out my guild broke up (well, sputtered out really due to people's RL issues), and when they broke threat, I just got bored tanking, did some healing/dps, and just stopped playing overall, so sold that account. THAT account is the one I miss... I had so much raiding experience invested on that character, so many achievements, etc. that I can never get dates back for, etc. and 9 geared max level characters in just about every spec lol.

Oh well, live and learn

I've got my account now, I'm enjoying it with just one main character (and an alt with my girlfriend now).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossh View Post

Sorry for the wall of text.
    Woah dude, that story is awesome and sad at the same time.
    I have 2 friends I've played with for many years, but we have been friends since 1st grade so.

Letting myself play the same game for over a year worth of seat time. So so stupid of me. On the plus side, thinking of all that wasted time has been good motivation to actually do things now.

In vanilla, i bought my 100g mount. Mind you it took a long time to grind 100g back then. I instantly clicked it in my inventory(no mount tab back then) and realized that ive sold it back to the vendor for 10g. There where no buyback back then either, so i just lost 90g in a second. It took me days to grind that money back!

Same here haha, I sold my account 3 times because of that reason and got it back a few months later when I regret losing my FoS

...I'm a bad person...

Tab targeting in UBRS Rend fight which pulled all the observers from one side and wiped the group. I knew I was guilty but said nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I was a couple of days into the game during my very first toon and got a quest from a dwarf in Stormwind to deliver a package to his friend in Loch Modan. Not knowing about the Deeprun Tram at this point, I ran from Elwynn Forest, through Redridge, through Burning Steppes, through Searing Gorge, through Badlands, and into Loch Modan at about level 9.

It took an entire night (I'm guessing around 10 hours) and I must have died at least two hundred times.

Then I met a Paladin who dueled me for a while and let me know about the train line from Stormwind to Ironforge.
    my god, i did the exact same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Tab targeting in UBRS Rend fight which pulled all the observers from one side and wiped the group. I knew I was guilty but said nothing.
    OH FUCK ME! I forgot all about them! yeh i've seen that happen then all of a sudden its a wipe fest XD. Thanks for the memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not getting Corrupted Ashbringer when I very well could have back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Selling 10 enchanted elementium bars for 10 silver each, horrible all from bids. When they went for like 7k each on my server at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not going to reply to this post.. Then I changed my mind :P

1 - Getting too close with a co-raider.
    2 - Overreacting when I got screwed over by raiding guilds(It's just a game after all... For some reason, being robbed for fresh raid-content really gets to me :S)
    3 - Lending those 8k gold to a random guy in trade(Stupid, I know, but I could afford it and decided to give humanity a chance.... I wish I was a fish.)
    4 - Taking that candle
    5 - "Just one more quest/dungeon/herb/mob..."

Oh, and regarding starting WoW... I regret nothing. *Shrugs* Perhaps this beer belly.. *Pats* :>

Taking up the position of raid leader.

Doing my "portal surprise" too often in raids that people caught on to it.

EDIT: Just remembered my biggest mistake. Back raiding in TBC I used to run a holy pally, and I may have used Divine Intervention on the tank at around 20% on Leotheras

I blamed my cat naturally. She loves playing the game with me.
    Last edited by mellowconundrum; 2013-10-24 at 10:00 AM.
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts