Thread: triple dps

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

triple dps

after everyone is full grievous, who thinks triple deeps will work again? now that most people have weapons i see alot of people getting wrecked.

will dk/ret/rogue make a come back? something tends to die and in sap/strangulate/hoj/blind...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    after everyone is full grievous, who thinks triple deeps will work again? now that most people have weapons i see alot of people getting wrecked.

will dk/ret/rogue make a come back? something tends to die and in sap/strangulate/hoj/blind...
    Maybe something with a boomkin.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Maybe something with a boomkin.
    Heres hoping lol

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    always gota have the smokebomb. i think its gota be 3 melee so they can use the smokebomb as cover from peels. if a ranged is in the mix he willl stick out like a sore thumb and get pwned.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

tripple deeps is not worth your time.

triple hybrid dps with offheals? WW monk/ret pally/enh shaman?

1) Get 3 warriors.
    2) Reckstorm x3.
    3) ?????
    4) Profit.

On topic:
    Very unlikely, the game have too many CC/immunities/life swap now, which will counter you badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    1) Get 3 warriors.
    2) Reckstorm x3.
    3) ?????
    4) Profit.

On topic:
    Very unlikely, the game have too many CC/immunities/life swap now, which will counter you badly.
    Honestly, this is the only triple DPS comp I see working (and it worked in S12 up to 2.6k+).

All hybrid classes are lacking the huge burst heals that triple DPS requires. The only class that does have massive offheals (Boomkin during HotW) is one of the squishiest and easiest to train. If 2 dps are hitting on the Boomkin, unless he's got fantastic peels he won't survive very long at all.

Triple DPS requires the other team to have little to no life savers, such as bubble and block, which is why RLS was so easily countered by triple DPS because you could negate the link by just smoke bombing on it.

Triple DPS never really works because a good coordinated team isn't going to die to it. I could see something like WW/Enh/Ret maybe work because of all the offhealing, but even that will lose to most regular comps at a high rating. Burst is great, but there's no burst that's literally unhealable with all the defensive CDs in the game. It'd be fun to play for a while, but it would never really go anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    triple hybrid dps with offheals? WW monk/ret pally/enh shaman?
    Hmm. Idk, perhaps Ret pally/Enha/Boomkin instead. Ret takes fear into hex into cyclone? With the ret having insane support, enha being able to burst really hard and heal a lot with ancestral guidance and boomkin HotW. Idk xD

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    1) Get 3 warriors.
    2) Reckstorm x3.
    3) ?????
    4) Profit.

On topic:
    I can sure see that happening soon - I see a lot of 5's rocking 3 - 4 warriors for the lols

Bajheera agrees... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byFO0mSRXs

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see sub rogue / enhance shaman / warrior work.

Sub rogue has shroud and bomb and insane burst with dance/shadow blades.
    Enhance has the most reliable burst and fear breaker/freedom totem, and if going for AG in combination with ascendance he can keep his team topped for the first 15s of the game.
    Warrior has everything and can eventually shockwave whatever comes near the bomb.

yep triple warrior op

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing some triple deeps for the lols last night. Unholy/Ret/Boom. Was sort of amusing how many games we actually won, considering how bad my partners were.

Deleted
    Just fought a ww/arms/enh 15min ago. I thought it was going to be a pita, but everything was over in the first 30sec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I could see sub rogue / enhance shaman / warrior work.

Sub rogue has shroud and bomb and insane burst with dance/shadow blades.
    Enhance has the most reliable burst and fear breaker/freedom totem, and if going for AG in combination with ascendance he can keep his team topped for the first 15s of the game.
    Warrior has everything and can eventually shockwave whatever comes near the bomb.
    What this guy is saying

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    sub rogue, warrior or dk, and a good burst class with off heals should work pretty well (ret paladin comes to mind)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.