Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    WoW seems to be going in this direction. WoW has never been an innovative game, they have always been all about learning from other games. They see what works in other games and try to bring it to WoW, they don't always get it right(*cough* transmog ) but they try. I think it just takes them a while to implement some of the dynamic stuff we see in newer games because WoW's engine is a little long in the tooth and not designed to do this kind of stuff. I don't think it is because they don't want to do these things as it just takes longer than games that have an engine built from the ground up with dynamic/scaling content in mind.

Personal spawn of resource nodes is very old feature. It existed many years before GW 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    It's mob hp scaling for each person that has hit him, and it is on TI. Watch any the rares get hit by multiple people - majority of them scale.
    Which doesn't let them last long anyway. I don't enjoy all that "rare mobs" concept in general though. As it is, it came from EQ and wasn't liked much.
    WoW seems to be going in this direction.
    Wishful thinking. Before Cata release, I was wondering if they will make resource nodes to finally spawn on personal basis. Then came MoP, and nearly every MMO nowadays doesn't have this awful concept - "kill mob guarding resource node and watch someone else get it while you fight".

FFA tagging wouldn't work on normal mobs though, it could easily lead to a lot of grief. However, normal mobs is another issue in MoP, every 86+ mob doesn't worth it to kill as in majority of cases they drop less loot (if drop at all) than TBC mobs. Meanwhile having 100 times more health.

I wish they'd treat the factions as Rift does. You can talk to, group with, run dungeons with the opposing faction. The only time it matters at all is if you are in a battleground or flagged for PVP. I kind of doubt it'll happen in WoW, as they like to play up the artificial rivalry, but I think it would make life much better for players. And it would also make sense if we're cooperating to kill the big evil thing again.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge