Deleted

Surv or MM for pvp?

I just came back after a 2 month break so I don't have my weapon and heard Surv is best until wep then MM overtakes? is this correct? if so how do you play surv pvp? never played the spec at all so have no idea how it would work in pvp, would be much appreciative of any help people can provide me.

Survival has always had issues with Black Arrow being able to be dispelled, which means you'll have to require on your traps to trigger Lock and Load more often, you gain Entrapment (root on trigger) on Ice and Snake trap, and most of your damage is magic so people like rogues, warlocks, and death knights can avoid a lot of your damage pretty often. You also lose a blanket silence as you no longer have access to Silencing Shot, but you do retain an interrupt with Counter Shot.

Marksman has good burst damage, a good mix of physical and magic damage (Chimera Shot > Armor, Aimed Shot > Anti-Magic Shell,Cloak of Shadows), some self healing (7% every 9 seconds with Chimera Shot), a bleed on Steady and Aimed Shot crits which are good versus rogues to keep them from entering stealth. You get some passive snares from Chimera Shot and Multi-Shot, but you don't have the ability to root like Survival (outside of a pet ability), uhhh... you get a blanket silence with Silencing Shot, your mastery is pretty good (nature damage proc, good burst) uhh...

Personal preference: I'd pick MM because of the dispelling of BA as SV really sucks.

All the specs have access to most of the CC abilities, there isn't a "wrong way" to do damage, as long as you're keeping your snares and trap (& wyvern sting if specced), you should be fine, the biggest thing you need to do is control your dang pet, make sure it isn't attacking things you need to CC, attacking a DK who is running behind pillars (woo free Death Strikes/Siphons)

>> Is there anything specific you'd like to know?

Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    I just came back after a 2 month break so I don't have my weapon and heard Surv is best until wep then MM overtakes? is this correct? if so how do you play surv pvp? never played the spec at all so have no idea how it would work in pvp, would be much appreciative of any help people can provide me.
    MM and Surv have somewhat different playstyles in pvp. MM has bigger burst potential, but Survival has more consistent small burst windows. LnL procs help stretch focus much further so less cobra shots are needed. The downfall for Survival is of course black arrow being vulnerable to dispels.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving MM atm. 90-100k Chimera crits are beast.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

If you want to get a feel for what Hunter current capabilities are, take a look at some of Wippe's 1v2 arena vidoes on Youtube. As far as I know, he's been playing SV and MM for the past few months, and has come up with some really nice tricks for dealing with various classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still remain BM, i'm critting 150k in bg's =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?