mastery vs haste builds in 10man

hello guys.

i just got t16 4set (normal). i've played in today's raid for the first time with hard haste cap. seemed like i pulled more hps with mastery build. our comp is Rdruid and Hpala when 2healing and Rshaman when 3healing.

seems like im losing 4k spirit when going hard cap, which i REALLY dont like. my play style is very mana hungry and i love it. my spirit drop from nearly 17k to 13400 spirit and i did feel mana shortage today as well as the numbers were lower on most of the flights.

is that bad staying mastery build for 10man raids?

here's my armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Teven/advanced

p.s. for going hard cap i have to switch items and my ilvl will drop from 554 to 550ish

thanks
    Last edited by Trolloid; 2013-10-13 at 10:15 PM.

I'd stick with the mastery if using T16. You don't have all that many items with haste, and should be able to stay pretty near the 3k haste cap.

For the record, there is no "hard" cap on haste. It's all soft caps, as haste above that value isn't completely wasted (it still makes Efflorescence tick faster). Hard caps only exist for stats that have a maximum value, like hit.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I'd stick with the mastery if using T16. You don't have all that many items with haste, and should be able to stay pretty near the 3k haste cap.

For the record, there is no "hard" cap on haste. It's all soft caps, as haste above that value isn't completely wasted (it still makes Efflorescence tick faster). Hard caps only exist for stats that have a maximum value, like hit.
    exactly what i thought. i'll go back to 3k soft cap till i get boots from immerseus, neck from sha etc.
    meant 13k cap by saying "hard cap", as a lot of ppl do. but i see your point

thanks.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolloid View Post
    meant 13k cap by saying "hard cap", as a lot of ppl do. but i see your point
    Not really on topic because it has already been answered, however the haste hard cap generally refers to the amount of haste required to lower the cast time of most of your spells to at or below 1 second, this is generally only a discussion for dps classes and the last time I remember reaching those sort of haste percentages was back in Wrath.