Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans T Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,726
    Best part about LFR right now is people pulling Thok, that shit is amazing to watch....

    Everyone stacks up >>> gets knocked back then runs in and dies. You would think after watching 3-4 people get turnned into bones and die it would stop you from running back in but nope.

    That shit is amazing to watch.

  2. #42
    I agree with those saying it's Flex not LFR. I went into the new expansion with my main having nothing that was not from normal/ heroic on MS, and nothing below 530 on OS. My Alt also had nothing below 530. Both have the Legendary Cloak.

    As such, LFR is pointless. I can get 528 and spend my VPs on upgrading it, sure. Or I can go to Flex and get gear much higher, with groups that are generally much better and where, if I create it, I can check their proving grounds/ experience/ ilevel. I can also kick people not pulling their weight. Why would I go to LFR for gear 2 ilevels below what I have which it would be a waste to upgrade? And I suspect many other people feel the same way

    There is no way I would put myself through the hell that is LFR. I have tried it this tier and it's so awful. I have tried a few - and it's convinced me that if I had to do LFR right now I would just quit completely. I think LFR needs to get a lot easier now, to be honest. So LFR is for those that enjoy the game truly casually (I like that LFR gives people the chance to see content, I don't want it gone!) can do LFR and not worry about 10 wipes per boss, while Flex is fpr those who spend time learning tactics and their class a little, normal for those willing to give proper team time to it, and heroic for those willing to give a lot more time

  3. #43
    Brewmaster Snaige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    install oqueue and do flex with pugs - lfr is dead to me.
    Hm oqueue groups are a joke sometimes. I join only the ones that have 540 as min ilvl requirement and I've seen people do 40-50k dps, no one ever kicks because ''you can't invite any more if you kick, don't you know that?''. There are decent groups there as well, just like sometimes there are decent lfr groups. It is just luck imho, same chances of getting a bad group on oQueue and on lfr.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by kos1085 View Post
    Because Flex was introduced reducing the amount of people who carry LFR groups. The problem is not Timeless Isle. The problem is the players as it has always been.
    Pretty much this. I have only done like 2 or 3 LFR runs since 5.4. First week LFR was kinda fine but since then I just didn't see point for my self to do it because I was sticking to flex.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    1) 60-80k dps is not acceptable at this point in game
    ouch man! words hurt! im still trying to learn how to play my rogue!

  6. #46
    Had a funny experience with LFR the other day. I've been gearing a new tank and kind of hit the "limit" of what I can grind quickly out of raids now at 500ilvl.

    Queue into LFR at Juggernaut, fine I thought, no determination stacks so maybe half the raid just left cos they only wanted Galakras.

    Pull him once and I beat 4 (almost 5, we did the same HPS) of the healers on healing done and I was 7th on damage at 90k. We wiped, pulled it again and won.

    Get to Dark Shaman trash and random DPS keep pulling more mobs; more than I can handle with my gear and on top of that I was barely being healed. I died about 3 times on packs of mobs. Get to the miniboss in the bank and die there too. Check my combat log and I got: 1 tick of Lifebloom (10k), 1 tick of Atonement(23k), 1 Light of Dawn heal (14k), and my own healing (around 150k) - bear in mind I was the ONLY person taking damage and didn't even have the Paladin's beacon on me while he was LoDing a full HP raid...

    I asked the healers what was going on - almost all of the lowest healing healers started flaming in chat. "Maybe if you didn't have crap gear" and "You should stack stam" (nvm the mob hits for 500k so stam would do shit without being healed..). Whatever, pulled the next few packs and die again with no heals. I look at the other tank WHO WAS TANKING NOTHING because I had threat on it all and he was covered in shields and HoTs... Told the healers they suck, linked meters and left.

    My friend who stayed behind tried 2 Dark Shaman pulls. On both of them, all of the healers who talked shit to me were underneath both tanks in healing done. The Paladin in particular - who was the most vocal - did 14k HPS. That's right, FOURTEEN THOUSAND HEALING A SECOND. Lol. These people are the reason LFR is a fucking cancer on the game.
    Last edited by Smrtby; 2013-10-14 at 08:50 AM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    LFR certainly seems to have become a bigger pain.

    I was in TOT on my Shaman and I entered with 4 stacks of determination on horridon, then got to council and the group didn't burn Sul down instantly, instead migrating between bosses as they empower, which is suboptimal, and we seemed to have zero dps. Ended up finishing the fight after 2 bloodlusts and with a heap of people dead, and this was with a few stacks of determination.

    Absolutely no dps output from the group or proper target switching to spirits etc, it was horrible. Not sure if timeless isle is entirely to blame though.



    He never argued they were, if you read the post he's saying that it's because they can queue with zero experience, as opposed to having to run a few of the earlier and easier LFRs where people would (hopefully) learn a little, you can now queue for siege of orgrimmar without ever actually playing your character at max level.
    meh i did ToT on my freshly dinged timeless mage yesterday and we oneshotted everything and got record times according to my bossmod , guess you just had a terrible group. Tbh i don't see many really bad lfr grps , think i've only been in 1 sofar in SoO.
    Most fresh timeless hero's like my mage are alts and you can expect them to have experience on most lfr's/normals, also there not much to learn in old lfr's except for the basics like don't stand in crap ^^

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Had a funny experience with LFR the other day. I've been gearing a new tank and kind of hit the "limit" of what I can grind quickly out of raids now at 500ilvl.

    Queue into LFR at Juggernaut, fine I thought, no determination stacks so maybe half the raid just left cos they only wanted Galakras.

    Pull him once and I beat 4 (almost 5, we did the same HPS) of the healers on healing done and I was 7th on damage at 90k. We wiped, pulled it again and won.

    Get to Dark Shaman trash and random DPS keep pulling more mobs; more than I can handle with my gear and on top of that I was barely being healed. I died about 3 times on packs of mobs. Get to the miniboss in the bank and die there too. Check my combat log and I got: 1 tick of Lifebloom (10k), 1 tick of Atonement(23k), 1 Light of Dawn heal (14k), and my own healing (around 150k) - bear in mind I was the ONLY person taking damage and didn't even have the Paladin's beacon on me while he was LoDing a full HP raid...

    I asked the healers what was going on - almost all of the lowest healing healers started flaming in chat. "Maybe if you didn't have crap gear" and "You should stack stam" (nvm the mob hits for 500k so stam would do shit without being healed..). Whatever, pulled the next few packs and die again with no heals. I look at the other tank WHO WAS TANKING NOTHING because I had threat on it all and he was covered in shields and HoTs... Told the healers they suck, linked meters and left.

    My friend who stayed behind tried 2 Dark Shaman pulls. On both of them, all of the healers who talked shit to me were underneath both tanks in healing done. The Paladin in particular - who was the most vocal - did 14k HPS. That's right, FOURTEEN THOUSAND HEALING A SECOND. Lol. These people are the reason LFR is a fucking cancer on the game.
    Nah they're casuals and we need them or the game will die! Stop being so elitist you jerk. /s

  9. #49
    Blizzard just needs to stop tuning LFR like this. It all started with Lei shen and now it is all over the place. Tuning way too tight and way too many mechanics left in. Especially now with flex being the more "challenging" content and LFR gear being a shitty 528 that very few people care for in the first place, LFR should just be somthing simple done on alts.

    I totally saw this circus coming btw when Blizzard introduced determinations stacks, basically giving them free reign to tune however the fuck they want.

    - - - Updated - - -

    All this is probably because of forum drama queens making 10 threads per day complaining about how easy LFR is, because we all love challenging pug/alt/casual content.

    Blizzard needs to get a grip, or just go ahead and delete LFR from the game. At it's current state LFR is pointless for anyone with a brain, let alone fun.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Nah they're casuals and we need them or the game will die!
    Great god, how did you actually manage to make this your believe? Casuals only make numbers look nice and that's it. Gameplay wise casuals are not needed since everything they do is questing and random PvP, scenarios and LFR. They might lower a few queues but come on. You can't use them for your guilds or raid groups, let alone actual progress raids or rated PvP, they neither have the time nor the motivation to invest. And even if they do, you probably don't want unable players used to being carried through everything with you.

    So, no matter how many million casual players there are - if you really want to play the game you can't use them. It's as if they wouldn't even exists. The only thing they're good for is paying Blizzard's absurd bills. We need them or the game dies? Laughable. On the countrary, without casuals it probably wouldn't be necessary anymore to make hollow, redundant content like scenarios or semi-entertaining abominations like Timeless Isle, or even maintain the LFR difficulty for that matter. We could have so much more in that place.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

    Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

  11. #51
    It's definitely because Flex takes players away from LFR. People in raid gear that are missing maybe a trinket or something from normal are far more likely to raid Flex and get it then to go sit through a painful LFR. Honestly, wing 2 of LFR takes like 2-3 hours, wing 2 of Flex takes like 45 minutes. The reason LFR takes so long is the geared raiders in 550+ ilvl have no reason to go there anymore, Flex is easier and faster and drops better gear, so they do that instead. They still get the gear they're missing from normal, but LFR gets far worse because it has nobody to carry them.

    I've done LFR twice, killed through Dark Shamans and left. Will never go back, there's simply no reason to. I don't need any legendary quest drops from bosses we can't kill in normal like in the beginning of t14 and t15. I don't need gear because between normal and Flex I can get what I need. There's just no reason to, and as a result the 510 ilvl people in LFR struggle.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You are clueless if you think people can qualify withn 30 minutes on timeless island. It would take about 8 hours at minimum, and that would require some good RNG as well as not being ´clueless´ about how to do it.

    People who are clueless on Timeless Island.. they are about ilvl 480ish. Sure, you get many armor slots, and even maybe 1 or 2 535s.. but you also have no 2nd trinket and no weapon. Want to buy a TI weapon ( which also will not get you into SoO).. trust me, it is NOT fun trying to farm 20,000 coins on a character that is at iLVL 480ish with a crap weapon. In fact, I would say if they earned 20,000 coins on a character with that type of gear.. they are far from clueless.

    LFR is always going to have people not giving effort.. who cares.. bosses are dying fast already in everything but the latest wing, which is basically same as it´s always been with LFR.
    Actually its possible my friend, not 30min ofc but its possible to do it under 8 hours ,hell under 2 if u are lucky, i will tell u what i did with my hunter, it took me like 2.30 hours to gear up to Q for SoO

    After i level up i when to the Timeless Isle, agro a damn bird by mistake( been to lazy to feign death) i kill it, got the mail head, then i went directly to the skull chest, got the chest and the hands, from the Smoldering Chest ( both of them ) i got 2xrings the belt and wrist, i manage to find a rare between the smoldering chest, kill it and got the trinket then i went for blazing chest , i got the neck and pants ( i use my burden on a ring) then i ask some gear up friends of mine to help me get the 502 boots, after that i Q for ToT i got an instant Q at last boss got my bad juju and a bow from the bonus roll, i don't think it took my more then 2 hours to gear up for SoO, remember this was pure RNG, after that i went with a rogue there and i got only plate and cloth so y

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Great god, how did you actually manage to make this your believe? Casuals only make numbers look nice and that's it. Gameplay wise casuals are not needed since everything they do is questing and random PvP, scenarios and LFR. They might lower a few queues but come on. You can't use them for your guilds or raid groups, let alone actual progress raids or rated PvP, they neither have the time nor the motivation to invest. And even if they do, you probably don't want unable players used to being carried through everything with you.

    So, no matter how many million casual players there are - if you really want to play the game you can't use them. It's as if they wouldn't even exists. The only thing they're good for is paying Blizzard's absurd bills. We need them or the game dies? Laughable. On the countrary, without casuals it probably wouldn't be necessary anymore to make hollow, redundant content like scenarios or semi-entertaining abominations like Timeless Isle, or even maintain the LFR difficulty for that matter. We could have so much more in that place.
    Sir/madam, you seem to have misplaced your sarcasm filter.

    But you are incorrect; without casual players, WoW would be a ghost town by now, whether you want to believe it or not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arks View Post
    Actually its possible my friend, not 30min ofc but its possible to do it under 8 hours ,hell under 2 if u are lucky, i will tell u what i did with my hunter, it took me like 2.30 hours to gear up to Q for SoO

    After i level up i when to the Timeless Isle, agro a damn bird by mistake( been to lazy to feign death) i kill it, got the mail head, then i went directly to the skull chest, got the chest and the hands, from the Smoldering Chest ( both of them ) i got 2xrings the belt and wrist, i manage to find a rare between the smoldering chest, kill it and got the trinket then i went for blazing chest , i got the neck and pants ( i use my burden on a ring) then i ask some gear up friends of mine to help me get the 502 boots, after that i Q for ToT i got an instant Q at last boss got my bad juju and a bow from the bonus roll, i don't think it took my more then 2 hours to gear up for SoO, remember this was pure RNG, after that i went with a rogue there and i got only plate and cloth so y
    Some people win the lottery too. I would say 6-8 hours of grinding will net most people about 8-10 pieces of 496, maybe one burden if they are very lucky; I've just had one so far, from the blazing chest, which I believe is automatic, and only available once per toon.

  14. #54
    The good players who carried LFR is now doing Flex, thats why the quality of LFR has gone down, not because of Timeless Isle.

  15. #55
    I still do LFR on my 550 tank from time to time with a few guildies. We usually have 2 or 3 people bring their mains and like 4-5 people on alts. Having 5-10 people in a raid that are able to coördinate helps greatly. It's also fun to be top DPS as a tank

  16. #56
    I used to run ToT LFR all the time for missing gear pieces, and to complete the legendary quest chain if I'd missed bosses due to rotation in a guild run.

    Now if I use my character as an example - there is only 1 item upgrade from LFR for me (Immerseus trinket (Which is a very small upgrade) , and well I'm short on VPs for upgrading at the moment so I'll run flex first, and probably won't bother with LFR this week..

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ropanda/simple - 1 LFR boss kill, Sha of Pride which at the time had the chest upgrade for me. Now if I got an LFR grp for Wing 1 I'd only do Immerseus...

    I'll collect VP from dungeons and scenarios as I can get through a Hc dungeon in ~5-7 minutes with an average group.

    THis is a big factor in LFR groups, main raiders who are short of pieces are heading to flex and missed bosses do not matter so much due to completion of legendary quest chain.
    Last edited by Pyropanda; 2013-10-14 at 11:16 AM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    The problem isn't low gear it's bad players. Always has been. Give a good player ~496 gear and they can pull ~100k no problem. Give a baddie that gear and OFC they'll play bad.
    Yup, the problem isn't the game but the players.
    Also, at moment in LFR, I am not wiping because of gear lvl but because people doesn't follow simple strat and Spoil of Pandaria is such a good example.
    Last edited by Chaoss17; 2013-10-14 at 11:19 AM.

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer Puffler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,423
    My friends has a rogue and does 50k dps in lfr with 499 ilvl - OMG HES SUX right ?

    He has 2 ilvl 429 daggers - which is the problems you can get into lfr without having decent weapons (as a mele atleast)

  19. #59
    Give them 700ilvl and they will still do 50k DPS. It has nothing to do with the gear, it's the player.

    I was in a group the other day with a Warlock using a Voidwalker, he was pulling 30k but he thought his DPS was awesomesauce because his Chaos Bolts crit for 650k, looked at his rotation and it was just abysmal. Funny thing was his ilvl was higher than my alt, and my alt was a Resto Shaman doing MORE dps than he was just using Flame Shock and Lightning Bolt...

    To top it all off I whispered him and told him to install a DPS meter so he can see for himself how low his DPS is, and told him to go to Icy Veins for some guidance. And guess what, I was hit with a torrent of abuse at how bad I was (even though I was the top healer by a mile, and out DPS'd some DPS'rs) and that I should "get laid", etc etc.

  20. #60
    Dreadlord xytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stormscale
    Posts
    887
    It's just sad when so many people does less dps in the final patch of MoP than I did in the final patch of Cata =/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •