how long does it take to catch up on S14 pvp gear?

I quit wow for half year, planning to get back in game around thanksgiving, i know s14 already started for a month, usually i am not going to join game mid season (i mostly PVP BG/RBG), but i read now you can catch up in pvp gear mid game? any detail about that? how long does it take to catch up?

thanks

I think you get like 5k conquest cap or something

theoritically you will only catch up at a later point in the season.

the reason is that an active player caps 1800 (2200 if he wins a RPG game) conquest each week,
    while the inactive player only gets a bonus of 1000 conquest per week.

So assuming you need 20000-25000 conquest points to get BIS in every slot, a returning player would literally catch up around 5 months into the season.

Deleted
    The formula for calculating your cap is:

Weekly cap = (Week of season - 1) * 1000 – Conquest points earned this season + Cap received from your current rating

We are in week four of the season so if you started now you would have a cap of 4800 (5200 if you did a RBG). A player who has capped in arena every week with no RBGs and has the base conquest cap (1800) would have 7200 conquest by now so if you capped this week then you wouldn't be too far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickio View Post
    The formula for calculating your cap is:

Weekly cap = (Week of season - 1) * 1000 – Conquest points earned this season + Cap received from your current rating

We are in week four of the season so if you started now you would have a cap of 4800 (5200 if you did a RBG). A player who has capped in arena every week with no RBGs and has the base conquest cap (1800) would have 7200 conquest by now so if you capped this week then you wouldn't be too far behind.
    thank you and thanks everyone who replied

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, when do you think S15 will start? next year?

S15 is next expansion isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    S15 is next expansion isn't it?
    really? i read nothing about the next expansion, can't imagine it will be here anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    thank you and thanks everyone who replied

- - - Updated - - -

by the way, when do you think S15 will start? next year?
    It'll be quite a while, this one's basically just started.

i read there will be s15 in mop

http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8666

and next pack may be unveiled in blizzcon in Nov. if that's the case S15 will be not far away, maybe Dec.
    if i recalled correctedly each pack took like 6 months after announcement? i can't imagine s14 can last that long
    Last edited by ns66; 2013-10-14 at 06:01 PM.