Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Not really, it could be about previous events that we haven't witnessed ingame yet.
    That's one of the reasons why Blizzard wants to prevent leaks. They can present things on their own terms, instead of having something leak and then have players make up completely random bullshit about the content. Dark Below was pretty lul-worthy ("OMG I can't believe Blizzard is going to make an all-underwater xpac i quit!").

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I'd agree with you there. But at the same time the hour of twilight heroic ending of the infinite dragonflight was completely unsatisfying. That plot line demands a proper ending. I could get on board with a time based (not neccesarily time travel) Xpac as long as we didn't get screwed out of geographical discovery in the process. That would probably be another 3 million subs down the drain, an xpac mostly full of repurposed geography.
    Actually, we're not so much missing an ending as a beginning. We know how it ends but we have yet to witness how the Infinite Flight came to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monarken View Post
    No, the infinite trying to prevent the bad things from happening was due to them wanting the Old Gods to go unnoticed, if all of these bad things had not happened, we would, for example, not be aware of Yogg Saron - we would never imprison him again.
    If the bad things did not happen, the old gods would be free to do whatever they wanted.
    You can argue that, but a lot of the speculation back then was "what if the infinites are trying to do something good"? They never say anything evil and they act as if they know more than we do.

The things they say sound like they are trying to reason with us. They even go so far as to give us a chance to leave alive.
    Why do you aid the Magus? Just think of how many lives could be saved if the portal is never opened, if the resulting wars could be erased...
    Why do you persist? Surely you can see the futility of it all. It is not too late! You may still leave with your lives ...
    This one sounds more selfish

The time has come to shatter this clockwork universe forever! Let us no longer be slaves of the hourglass! I warn you: those who do not embrace the greater path shall become victims of its passing!
    But you could argue that they think they are trying to do the right thing. Free everyone of the bonds of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And you know what?

That's another huge reason why I'd hate a time travel expansion.

It'd be nothing but a huge nerd-boner rub from Blizz in a desperate bid to say "please don't leave us..."
    Oh yes!

COme play with your favourite lore characters from across the sands of time!

Sntinks like Start Trek: The Next Generation dropping in original series cast members using implausible storys full of MacGuffins.

But, what a swan song it could be, if it were the swan song.

I don't understand what that means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
    You can argue that, but a lot of the speculation back then was "what if the infinites are trying to do something good"? They never say anything evil and they act as if they know more than we do.

The things they say sound like they are trying to reason with us. They even go so far as to give us a chance to leave alive.

This one sounds more selfish

But you could argue that they think they are trying to do the right thing. Free everyone of the bonds of time.
    You are ignoring my main point, that they are "servants" of the old gods, trying to set them free by altering the timeline. Nozdormu lost his powers when we killed deathwing, yet he somehow regained them later on and went batshit infected and became Murzond. One could speculate that he was corrupted by the gods, given some power and is "now" doing their bidding.

Yes, ofcourse many thousand lifes could have been saved, wars would not have broken out. But we would not have discovered the Old Gods before it would be to late, the horde and Alliance would not team up, pandaria would not be found, etc, etc.

The timeline must be preserved, and not altered. By killing Murzond we essentially created a timeloop, which we do not know the begining of, yet.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i think its pretty interesting that the rumors abour Medivh, Garona, Anduin and Llein turn around next WoW Addon and upcoming Warcraft Movie. Blizzard wants to synchronize these two releases for double effect. I almost sure that the rumors are true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Heroes of Storm certainly sounds a lot more plausible if old Heroes come into play.

I will keep a close watch on this thread

I'm so confused right now. This thread makes me wonder if I'm really, really drunk trying to read this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monarken View Post
    You are ignoring my main point, that they are "servants" of the old gods, trying to set them free by altering the timeline. Nozdormu lost his powers when we killed deathwing, yet he somehow regained them later on and went batshit infected and became Murzond. One could speculate that he was corrupted by the gods, given some power and is "now" doing their bidding.

Yes, ofcourse many thousand lifes could have been saved, wars would not have broken out. But we would not have discovered the Old Gods before it would be to late, the horde and Alliance would not team up, pandaria would not be found, etc, etc.

The timeline must be preserved, and not altered. By killing Murzond we essentially created a timeloop, which we do not know the begining of, yet.
    Nozdormu's involvement with the Old Gods wasn't known back then, so someone who played the old Caverns of Time dungeons back then could've very well interpreted it like I explained, and in fact many did. Even now Murozond's dungeon journal entry talks about how the Old Gods tricked him by letting him reverse his immortality, but I can't find anything about Murozond trying to shatter the timeways to free the Old Gods. It would make sense, but on the other hand Murozond and the Infinites give the impression they want to do something right. Notice how they always pick timeways where changing the timeline is done by taking out the bad guys? Well in the case of Thrall, at least someone, who will be responsible for bloodshed in the future. They don't interfere at Mount Hyjal or the Well of Eternity. If they just want to free the Old Gods, why don't they just go to the Sundering and kill the mortals that are fighting the Legion? Should be fairly easy.

If anyone believes this I pity you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    If anyone believes this I pity you.
    I pity anyone who closes their mind off so easily.

OT: Following this thread. Very interesting read, whether fact or fiction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I pity anyone who closes their mind off so easily.

OT: Following this thread. Very interesting read, whether fact or fiction.
    Easily? This "leak" is the equivalent of a self-proclaimed medium, who pretends to be able to talk to ghosts and walks into a room filled with people to ask "Who's George?" Only to then wait for someone to react to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
    Easily? This "leak" is the equivalent of a self-proclaimed medium, who pretends to be able to talk to ghosts and walks into a room filled with people to ask "Who's George?" Only to then wait for someone to react to it.
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the same website that produced the MoP leak before anyone else. I have no opinion on it, but just putting that out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, it could be about previous events that we haven't witnessed ingame yet.
    Or could also lead to something that change our timeline completely, imagine if we go to the timeline where Arthas never became Lich King, where Adaelas Blackmore became the king of Lordaeron and have under controll an Orc army, where Thrall is dead, where Varian Wrynn never dissapeared but also never became the King of Stormwind... (Note: that's actually a canon story)

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Or could also lead to something that change our timeline completely, imagine if we go to the timeline where Arthas never became Lich King, where Adaelas Blackmore became the king of Lordaeron and have under controll an Orc army, where Thrall is dead, where Varian Wrynn never dissapeared but also never became the King of Stormwind... (Note: that's actually a canon story)
    Or better yet, in a striking turn of events, we awake... and past three expansions never happened. All the power we gained was all a dream, and we're back to our end of BC stats and power...

We're a little pissed, but the dream soon fades, we forget all about LK, DW and Pandas and go about our business...

#statsquishlore
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2013-10-15 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Or better yet, in a striking turn of events, we awake... and past three expansions never happened. All the power we gained was all a dream, and we're back to our end of BC stats...

We're a little pissed, but the dream soon fades, we forget all about LK, DW and Pandas and go about our business...
    Good thing Blizzard makes ideas or we'd be screwed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the same website that produced the MoP leak before anyone else. I have no opinion on it, but just putting that out there.
    Which leak? MoP was the first expansion where there was no leaked info beforehand.

Deleted
    "11.7 update

ilvl compression for X5 is due to the Big Event and Canon in X5."

A lore explanation for the squish? Blizzard = Genious

Red names become yellow: Garrosh?

Green names drop loot: Jaina?

Main city raid: Dalaran?

Deleted
    Nothing like a solid, thick, hard and big spoiler thrusting it's way to the top of the General Discussion, spraying rumors all over the place.