Page 1 of 2
LastLast

they should make an app that texts u when your queue pops

so when you are afk tending to your dog or making your dinner, you dont miss hour long queue pops.

yes/no?

imo make it a paid extension of the wow armory app thats already awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, you could just put "Sound in Reverb" or whatever that plays in-game sound even if you're tabbed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Eh, you could just put "Sound in Reverb" or whatever that plays in-game sound even if you're tabbed out.
    what if ur outside? D:

There is a UI option to play sounds even when the client is minimised yes, but that does not really help when you are not actually at the computer.
    I suppose a more generic solution would be wireless headphones.

HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION:

I have a Android GS4, and I use it to remote to my PC, so that when I afk I can still interact as though I am at my PC. can join ques, reply to tells, join more ques etc. The app I use also plays sounds so can also hear your pc as well.

i was planing on creating a thread about "how to play wow on your phone" but then realized that I'm the only loser looking to do that. Who knows, I still might.

edit: forgot to mention, the app is called Splashtop2 which is free* (iphone i used a app called Logmein - also free)

*the free version will only work if the phone is on the same network as the PC being remoted to or 16$ a year which is not a bad service to have. (the iphone is free free)
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2013-08-17 at 12:55 AM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Good idea, timeless times I have been sat in a queue, got downstairs for a drink and when I return its gone -_-

how about feeding the dog before you queue..same with dinner? if you know dinner is likely to be in the time queues normally pop then queue after instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    what if ur outside? D:
    Then you queue up again after you miss your 5man or raid.

Even while at the puter, 1/2 to 2/3 the time the game makes absolutely NO sound when the queue pops for me. I don't even have to be tabbed out, I might be reading on my Kindle. I'm actually glancing at my screen and the damn thing pops up, no sound. So irritating.

So that would be nice, an additional prompt besides visual because the game sound one is very unreliable.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Wireless headset is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Wireless headset is the correct answer.
    Well yeah, this works. But even I have had Wow running with sound and never heard it pop and Im just sitting there doing something at my desk

10+ Year Old Account
    that would be a great thing. Becuase it seems like every time i go to piss it pops up

10+ Year Old Account
    so when you are afk tending to your dog or making your dinner, you dont miss hour long queue pops.

yes/no?

imo make it a paid extension of the wow armory app thats already awesome.
    You have exactly 38 seconds from the queue pops, until you are removed..

Good luck, getting text through, user grabbing phone, opening message, read and understand text and then move to computer to click "ready" within a 38 seconds timeframe...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't someone make a thread about this only a few days ago?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You have exactly 38 seconds from the queue pops, until you are removed..

Good luck, getting text through, user grabbing phone, opening message, read and understand text and then move to computer to click "ready" within a 38 seconds timeframe...
    Easy, hear text beep (make sure to make it a unique sound) walk to PC.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Easy, hear text beep (make sure to make it a unique sound) walk to PC.
    OP talks about walking the dog or making dinner..
    If you are located right next to the PC, you don't need text message, as the normal popup makes quite a loud noise already..

Also, text messages from computers (as it is in this case) are very low priority to send..
    I se it every day on my job, as a taxi driver, as we send status texts to the customer, both with the ETA and when we arrive. Texts can be as slow as 2 minutes to arrive... Good luck o. reacting within 38 seconds, when message is 120sec underway..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-08-17 at 07:41 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's called Sound in background
    Reverb just adds reverb

Here's a thought. How about they fix the stupid queues so you don't need to buy an app or sit in queue for an hour.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    what if ur outside? D:
    Wireless headset, that way you can go and do whatever and still hear it when it pops.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR queue 45min > goes to the toilet for like 5min > just before I enter my room > You have been removed from the queue because you did not accept the invitation.
    /facepalm