Poll: In which of these 3 Worlds of Warcraft would you like to fall?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All of these 3 would be completely awesome ... (and could all fit to the same game, just depending on the place represented).
    Man, as a gamedesigner, I'm the type of gamer to think that gameplay should always have higher priority than graphics, but in this very case of an aging WoW, such an overhaul could make me love WoW again as much as I loved it "back ago".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd pic ... WoW would be so much more impressive if things were closer to scale.

Everything in WoW is so "icon"ized. It's like we are playing a scaled up RTS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The 2nd pic ... WoW would be so much more impressive if things were closer to scale.

We are Warcraft minions!

Too much realism makes it impossible to create the immersive experience - sad but true fact about our perception.

When things look so good as the photos above, then our brain triggers on all the faults (e.g. collision detection, edge detection, walking on stairs etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Number 1, pure awesome!
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

Not sure if or just...

I really like the first picture. It is still world of warcraft, it just looks better. The second one does nothing for me and I honestly don't think Blizzard is even capable of producing a game that looks as realistic and professional as the third picture.

The first one in amazing though, maybe one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them are really good. I especially like the first 2 pictures. Would be really cool if someday Blizzard just does a huge graphic update that makes the game look like those pictures. Also with the updated character models this would be the most b-e-a-utiful MMO out there.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-10-14 at 02:45 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    They're all stunning, but 1 is absolutely gorgeous. Want.

10+ Year Old Account
    1st & 3rd picture were made by the same artist.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Too much realism makes it impossible to create the immersive experience - sad but true fact about our perception.

When things look so good as the photos above, then our brain triggers on all the faults (e.g. collision detection, edge detection, walking on stairs etc).
    I dunno about all that. Battlefield 3 has some maps that look pretty darn good and wish WoW could have outdoor areas and destruction that looked that good.

Deleted
    First would be cool. The third would probably make my graphic card explode.

Deleted
    First one, definatly my favorite vibe of the game. Zones like Tirisfal glades and Silverpine forest!

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first 2 are absolutely amazing and I would love to see WOW upgraded to that level.

it would suck. Wow got so many users because of the cartoony graphics. Its wowæs charm. Its what made wow so special.
    With realistic graphics it wouldnt have made it

For me the 1st pic is the only one that kinda sorta looks like it could be in-game; the Org pic and Lakeshire (pretty sure it's Lakeshire) both clearly look like artwork, while that first pic could be the game with much better textures and lighting and effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think with the new expansion looking we'll see another step in the graphical developmement of WoW. I ema just go and look and compare things like Outland to Northrend to Pandaria. The way the looks of the places has developed is amazing. I have high hopes that the next expansion will look even better then Pandaria did.

If I had to chose anything, regardless of people would be widespread able to handle it on their computers or not, I would pick no. 1. I'd love to see a WoW built more to actually have all that detail in everything. I can only imagine the mayhem in raids though.

all 3 of the pics are great, i cant pick one^^ i want them alL!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no poll option "keep it how it is"?

Although of the three options given, I feel that number one is the only true "upgrade", in that it improves the graphics without trying to change the actual art style (which personally I love).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

The first and second pic is the same style imo, just different areas?