Protection Warrior needs some help

I am swapping from my BrewMaster to my prot warrior for raid comp improvements. Tonight is the first night I am tanking on him and would like to know how you other prot warriors deal with the tank trial on Norushen and mines during Iron Jug. I am slightly undergeared for SoO (sitting about 512 ilvl). Thanks in advance!

For Norushen, spec into Mass Spell Reflection. You can then reflect all of the Hurl Corruptions that are thrown at you, which help dps the Titanic Corruption down. Shield Barrier for Burst of Corruption, and Shield Block for Piercing Corruption. Watch your feet and move out of Titanic Smash.

As far as Iron Juggernaut goes, I'm not sure, my guild has me DPS for that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mines at iron Juggernaut are wonderful as a prot. You can charge them midair, jump down while being blown up in the air or, when you are desperate, intervene any guy (or your flag) near a mine and then click the mine! If they aren´t spread out too much you can solve all three of them within 5 seconds, hands down. It´s beautiful^^

For Norushen, just do as Qalex said. Spellreflect the first cast (the one you could pummel), massspellreflect the second and, if it is still alive, spellreflect the third again.

Now, these may be minor things, but always keep in mind: When you are NOT tanking, Shieldblock (glyphed) + shieldbash > heroic strike spam. So spend your rage on "mitigation" even when you are not tanking. Also, if you glyph Thunderclap it gains priority over devestate as a filler. You should do so on all fights where you don´t have to collect big amounts of adds, since you would otherwise only thunderclap to keep weakened blows running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Thank you so much for the input. I am sitting around 570K health gemmed for avoidance. Should I regem for stamina at this point?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two stamina trinkets would do. Otherwise, I fear yes, you should. 570k seems a bit low, but I am no expert on how big healthpools should be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    Thank you so much for the input. I am sitting around 570K health gemmed for avoidance. Should I regem for stamina at this point?
    Its low but if your healers are comfortable with it I guess you are fine, else just go for it and Gem sta for the mean time then transition to an avoidance build with new gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Now, these may be minor things, but always keep in mind: When you are NOT tanking, Shieldblock (glyphed) + shieldbash > heroic strike spam. So spend your rage on "mitigation" even when you are not tanking. Also, if you glyph Thunderclap it gains priority over devestate as a filler. You should do so on all fights where you don´t have to collect big amounts of adds, since you would otherwise only thunderclap to keep weakened blows running.
    I know everyone keeps recommending that, but since almost everyone also forgets this... Don't do it when you are about to re-taunt (~10 seconds). You don't want to sit in a 2 stack SB for too long, but you don't want to grab the boss with a 1 charge on it. There is no shame in HS when offtanking, specially if you are going to taunt back in less than 9 seconds. Specially if this is for someone new, mess ups are coming, and it hurts more that it helps.

Deleted
    If you're gearing up and progressing you should consider a Mastery build. Block and critical blocksmooths out your damage tremendously especially when you're undergeared (with a very small health pool). Critical block is 60% dmg reduction for the hit that means instead of taking hit for 600k you'd only be hit for 200k when you critically block.

When you're playing really defensively (as opposed to maximising dps) make sure you know when you Shield Block and when to Shield Barrier as these are meant for different kind of damage input. Diligently research the encounter to know in advance. At 512 ilvl if you get through the first 4 bosses it shows that you and your raid indeed have tremendous skills and can get very far. The only thing that'd be slowing you down at that point is gear which comes easy (skill on the other hand...)

- - - Updated - - -

For the Iron Jugganaut mines: Talent for Double Charge and glyph for 30s Heroic Leap. You can take care of all 3 mines yourself. Run to first one (to allow healers to heal/shield you up) and jump on it, then immediately charge the next 2. Hearoic Leap is your backup for when one of the 3 is too far. With 570k HP definitely use sta flask and watch your health, don't do mines too fast as you may die. Shield Barrier before jumping on mine.

Deleted
    I would honestly not recommend a mastery build when gearing up now personally tbh :s
    The most effective way when gearing from scratch will imho be gemming stamina til you reach a gear level where you have enough to survive and slowly transitioning to avoidance gems