Carnage Inc charity raid-a-thon 2013 - we need your support!

RAID-A-THON 2013
    The event will take place Saturday 19 October @ 7am untill Sunday 20 October @ 7am

Raid-a-thon will last a full 24 hours (with quick player swap outs). Myself, my guild members and friends will endeavor to battle our way through all the raiding content the game has to offer, right from Vanilla to current content..... now that's a lot of raiding!

The event to streamed live via the guild website so that all of you can watch, support, get involved with live chat and donate.

For more information about Carnage Inc, Raid-a-thon and to watch the live stream please visit our website at: www.carnage-inc.com/raidathon

To make a donation and help us reach our £2000 target please visit: http://www.justgiving.com/carnageincraidathon

If you are not a guild member and would like to take part please contact us via: http://www.carnage-inc.com/contact

PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS
    There will be various giveaways to donors throughout the event including:
    Hearthstone Beta Key
    Warcraft MoP Game Key
    Steam Game Codes
    Gold
    TCG items
    Plus lots more...

WHY RAID-A-THON?
    My name is Michelle or Shell as my wow friends like to call me, many of you may be wondering why a Raid-a-thon for Cancer Research UK?

Well back in 2010 my mum was diagnosed with kidney cancer and had to undergo major surgery to remove her kidney. Since then she has had a further operation to treat cancer in her bladder.

This is the hardest thing I have ever experienced in my life, my mum is my best friend and this news really shook my world!

I had been thinking for a while how I could get my world of World of Warcraft guild involved. So I came up with an idea how I (with the help of my guild) could combine our love for the game and the guild with raising money for a fantastic cause....... And that is how Carnage Inc Raid-a-thon was born!

HOW CAN YOU HELP?
    back in 2011 at our very first Raid-a-thon we set out to raise a minimum of £500, we have managed to reach that target in little under two weeks and when on to raise £836 in total (including gift aid)

And in 2012 we set out to raise £2000 and manages to raise £1890 (including gift aid)

This year our aim is to raise £2000 and beyond!

As with previous events and to ensure we get of to a good start all of the guild members taking part will be paying a £5 entry fee as well as encouraging friends and family to sponsor them via this page.

Now all we need is you help to make sure we raise even more money than last year! So come on guys dig deep.... every penny counts and this really is for a fantastic cause.

When making a donation please be sure to mention your in-game name and server if relevant, or the name of the friend/relative you are sponsoring also where you heard about Raid-a-thon. This will really help us to keep track of donations.

All money raised will go directly to Cancer Research UK.

You can also help us by spreading the word to friends, family and guild mates. By making a post on your guild site, updating your real id, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarnageIncGuild, Twitter: https://twitter.com/carnageincguild

Thanks in advance for your support,
    Shell (Guild Leader of Carnage Inc)

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails.
    Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-18 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    I'd be up for getting involved somehow. Im on your realm also (assuming this is carnage inc of draenor eu?) I'm a broke ass foo' so would be happy to help out in any other way I can.

Whisper ítch on draenor or add my btag itcheebeard#1556

3 more days, bring your Support for Cancer Research UK guys!

Bumping this, it is for a good cause, and some nice give away stuff too, pretty sure someone has thrown a high end graphics card into the pot, as well as some free guild hosting from Enjin.

Should be a laugh, come tune in even if its just for a few mins.

Nice event, wish I had cash.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey man, great idea and cause you got going here.

Ingame name is "Mizzow", I'm also on Draenor from "The Aftermath". If you need any ingame help feel free to give me a /w mate, Ill be tuning in

A very cool cause, will certainly share this with my guildies.

Another shameless bump, we are all stocking our cupboards and fridges with snacks and beers ready for tomorrow morning.

All kicks off at 8AM server time (7 am GMT) so come along and help us raise some money for a decent cause!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is part of a legit charity system, so for the moment it's reopened.

Deleted
    Hey all,

Had some very kind donations so far! Keep them coming. We will be live in 4 hours 30 minutes! There will be various live streams so be sure to check them out (:

Cy@ at the Raid-a-Thon!
    Last edited by mmoca86d742d1f; 2013-10-19 at 01:30 AM.

£875 raised so far! Thank you all soo much! Keep the donations coming....

Donations still coming in, few giveaways already done, GTX 580 being rolled at £1600 raised.

This is pretty cool. I might end up doing a US based one once we finish out Garrosh Heroic soon.

Thanks for the idea hun.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-19 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    the question is: why isnt this on the frontpage?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the question is: why isnt this on the frontpage?
    They only put the players/guilds the mmochamp mods fan boy/love. It should be on the front page, as it's for a good cause and seems well run.

Our third annual Carnage Inc Raid-a-Thon finished just a few short hours ago at 8am server time. This year was different from any other as we managed to have a full 25man raid group (with standbys) from the very start, numbers only dwindled in the last few hours! To see soo many guild members and fellow gamers raiding for a cause was overwhelming!

The generosity of fellow gamers raised an amazing £1640 this year (including gift aid). Donations will remain open for a few more weeks, so if you would still like to contribute please head over to our JustGiving page: http://www.justgiving.com/carnageincraidathon

All that remains to be said is a HUGE thank you. On a personal level this event means a great deal to me. I hope that you will be able to join us again next year for what will be our forth Raid-a-Thon!

-----------------------------------------------------

@Fummockelchen & iggie: Front page would have been amazing! Thank you for your kind words.

@anaxie. You are more than welcome to set up 'Raid-a-Thon' US. I am glad that we were able to inspire you. If you would like a chat pleas e add me on battletag: Shell#2116