Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I take a break from WoW every expansion for about a month, sometimes for different reasons.
    I take a break as well, and for different time periods. Cata was about a month or two, whilst MoP I haven't played since patch 5.1 I'm hoping this next expansion will draw me in and I'll give it another whirl. Otherwise I'm quitting WoW for good.

Vanilla: 4 months break for studying
    TBC: Played throughout
    WotLK: Took a break for 6 months between Ulduar and ICC because I hated ToC and I still do.
    Cata: Quit after first tier due to class imbalance and GC being a dickhead about it.
    MOP: Quit after about a month of leveling and trying out LFR. Pandas, all the childish shit, LFR casualism destroyed the game.

I will buy and play the next expansion, unless it is as bad and silly as MOP.

3 days ago I have finally had it. The game has become too old and boring as fuck. Been playing since vanilla, mind you. Neither pve nor pvp satisfies me anymore. And I tried, oh I fucking tried hard to hang on to wow as there isn't anything else good to play until spring next year but I fucking can't stay interested. I'm done. For real this time. I feel no drive to ever get back to wow no matter what Blizzard does to the game.

Now I just gotta find something to play that would keep me interested for the next 4 months until Wildstar and TESO come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never quit, but I haven't renewed my subscription a few times because of various reasons, but I knew I'd be back because I just needed a break.

First time was just after Tier 11, we raided really hard and had to endure some bad wipes because of some of the worse players in the guild. This really got to me as we weren't wiping for proper reasons, just people playing or being bad. It wasn't fun when we had nights like that, not to mention the raid leader at the time was always shouting and stuff which sort of killed the jokey atmosphere which also made it fun. I needed a break after that.

Second time was near the end of Tier 12 Ragnaros progress, same situation as before apart from a lot of players had left the guild and we weren't getting the applications to replace them. The guild decided to switch realms, but since I wasn't enjoying the progress of the guild at the time and had been offered to join two top 10 guilds, I was debating leaving to play with better guilds. The guild decided they'd pay for me to switch realms and had raked in quite a few good new players which persuaded me to stay with them.

Third time was after we killed Madness in Tier 13, I was there for all the progress and we killed it around rank 110ish (could've been <100 but yeah..). It was a long tier, especially with Spine being involved, it was also a busy time for me in RL as I was close to getting a job. I decided to have another break and come back for the beta/ptr of Mists, but then I got a job and could no longer raid. Haven't raided since. My guild since then has died (after the second tier of Mists I think) and I'd have to switch realm to be where I wanted to be with raiding which would probably now be possible since my hours have changed.

I started playing again for Mists and enjoyed it to start, but I didn't have anyone to play with since all of my guildies were busy and my friends were inactive. I stopped after that due to boredom.

Started playing again about 3 months ago because a friend told me he was playing and that we could level and play together, played with him a lot for about 2 months doing only PvP. I've always enjoyed PvP but stepping it up to full time arena and going serious was something that excited me, so I enjoyed playing for a while. After a few weeks I started to notice how bad the balance of PvP really was in arena and how classes and comps are the real dominance, doesn't matter how well you play against some, you still lose. I thought what's the point anymore so I stopped playing again about a month ago and here I am :>

Now waiting to hear about the next expansion and the changes they're announcing, hoping they're some big ones that change PvP for the better and make it fun and competitive again. If that's the case then I'll look forward to playing again :>

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    Quit during Firelands in Cata when my 25 man guild (that was founded in BC when 25 man raiding was introduced and cleared almost everything in the game) broke down along with every other 25 man guild on the realm due to Blizzard's idiotic decision to give equal rewards to 10 mans.

There is no chance I'll come back to the game. Blizzard cannot or does not want to provide the kind of experience I enjoy in the game (true linear progression raiding doable with 3 day schedule). And even if by some miracle they started providing that kind of content again, they still killed my guild and won't be able to bring it back anymore. So screw Blizzard. Oh, and I'm still waiting for the second half of Cata raid content they promised, in writing, and then failed to deliver. They are scammers.
    Blizzard had been warned equal rewards would kill raiding and raiding guilds, it happened. Now they created the retard mode to continue in the form of LFR. Then they came up with flex. Blizzard is desperate and bleeding subs like never before. Bad leadership and bad management overhauled the terrific game into ruins.

Their destruction of the game extended both to raids and 5-mans. They made 16 dungeons/heroics in their first expac, then gradually 5-man content was phased out. Too few dungeons, no heroics for max level dungeons, everything completely faceroll.

They used to make lot of awesome raids, then they realized in WotLK they can get away with much less. Rehashed raids, rehashed dungeons/heroics, half-assed content, half the number of bosses per tier.

Blizzard closed their eyes and ears in the face of advice and criticism. They chose to ignore their then current customers and their hope for becoming the next Zynga by dumbing down the game and appealing to casuals imploded their subs.

In Blizzcon we will hear if they have any plans to recover or will keep marching to their doom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit maybe a week after Firelands came out, which would have been like July 2011. I came back a few months before SoO came out, hit 90 and geared up to about 515 then joined a 11/12 ToT guild. That week we killed Lei Shen (after a few weeks of their attempts,) then got 2/12 heroic down before SoO came out (Ji'kun and Jin'rokh.) Before I quit I had played since Molten Core was released in Vanilla on my previous main. I quit because the rest of my previous guild had mostly quit "until 4.2 comes out" and I was just bored (nobody in the guild came back either.)
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
    Pretty much this...

Quit during Cata after about 2 or 3 months. Not much to do apart from logging onto raid.

Lasted just 2 months for MoP. Only came back to see what it was like. No friends came back this time, dead server, guild transferred to another server. Just got bored and stopped playing.
    Dead servers are a common theme. My guild, then my server died. We had >10 25-man raiding guilds, now we have 1. From >10 it went down to 1. All the while Blizzard denied there were dead servers. It was a cruel joke on us.

Connected servers are the only hope, we will see if it works, soon.

I had to quit in 2009 when I moved to an area w/shit Internet. I resub sporadically now to do new content... honestly, the fact all of my friends have moved on to other games or just life in general makes WoW less... fun. I still meet legit people online and play with them, but I keep comparing it to the long-ago days of Karazhan/ZA or Naxx/Ulduar

Over breaks from college when I had no internet. When TOR came out (right after stupid pandas were announced. That garbage was the final nail in the coffin.) for over a year. Came back after pandas for a little because I heard illidan was being rezzed. It was a lie. Quit again for a few months. Playing now because the whispers of amazing lore returning. It's fun gameplay but god I hate the setting.

To be honest the thing that keeps pulling me back is the endgame raiding. No mmo compares. In every other aspect, though, other MMOs outshine wow, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
    Over breaks from college when I had no internet. When TOR came out (right after stupid pandas were announced. That garbage was the final nail in the coffin.) for over a year. Came back after pandas for a little because I heard illidan was being rezzed. It was a lie. Quit again for a few months. Playing now because the whispers of amazing lore returning. It's fun gameplay but god I hate the setting.

To be honest the thing that keeps pulling me back is the endgame raiding. No mmo compares. In every other aspect, though, other MMOs outshine wow, IMO.
    IF there is amazing lore promised in the next expansion, I intend to resub ASAP after Blizzcon to prepare for the next expac.

If it is more of pandas or smt like Mickey mouse, then I am gone for good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Killed Illidan way too fast (top10) which ment 6-7 months for farming Black Temple afterwards. After 3/4 months, I totally burned out and it was the first time I quit since vanilla MC. I just couldn't kill all of that trash anymore.

Came back for Sunwell and the 2nd time I quit was after killing Yogg-Sarron on 25man normal, it was the first time the hard-modes got introduced and I just couldn't be arsed progressing on bosses again which I had already killed in some shape or form.

Came back for ICC and the 3rd and last time I "Quit" was right after the release of Cataclysm when my Holy priest was utterly destroyed by the Chakra and I didn't enjoy playing it anymore, it's better now and since I've returned with Dragon Soul I'm still going strong.

Quit after Kara and Gruuls due to attunements (was too much to organise going from 10 and 25 AND get everyone attuned), started playing again for a few weeks, then finished TK and SSC, and quit again, until attunements got removed. Notice a pattern? Yeh, there's a reason Bliz don't do attunements anymore. It bleeds subs. Stopped raiding during FL due to dead realm. Also quit for a while during DS. Hated that raid with a passion.
    Last edited by Calaba; 2013-10-20 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by damore1405 View Post
    I quit when i started at college, i just didn't have the time to play, and the whole 15 dollars a month thing gets old after 4 years
    Same for me. I played up until Firelands and had to stop when I went into Uni. The only thing I was doing in-game was raiding, and this didn't justify the monthly fee for me. I've been reading on what they are doing with the game to see if something interests me, but to no avail.

I'll be honest though, I do miss raiding sometimes, but sadly I no longer have the time to invest into raiding. And no, I don't want to do LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    People complicate this topic too much I feel.

Having fun still? Then play
    Not having fun? Don't play
    Well, it is complicated for some people. They "quit" a game and yet they stick around for months and sometimes years to bitch about it on these forums. Sounds complicated to me.
    Look! Words!

Quited twice, came back later. New xpac, new features, its all you want after 6 months of no-play. But friend of mine left game about 3 years ago, so i cant be sure about this comebacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Well, it is complicated for some people. They "quit" a game and yet they stick around for months and sometimes years to bitch about it on these forums. Sounds complicated to me.
    This has been answered a billion times...

They hang around cos they care about the game. After spending so much time in a game they love they unsub for a genuine reason and keep in touch with Wow developments. Ofc there r some people who just wanna bitch but most of the unsubbed still care about Wow.

I've taken numerous short breaks from this game for different reasons. I got into the game mid WTLK. However, last year before MoP went live, the night before I actually gave it some serious thought and decided I needed to move away from the game for the time being. It was probably due to what lay ahead of me and I found it just too overwhelming with the dailies, LFR, raids, etc. Actually I found LFR during 4.3 to be a big turn off. Sure I ain't forced to do it, but hey its an extra chance at loot, and with terrible luck in normals and heroics, I'll take anything for another shot. So I took a break.

Sometime around December after months of playing Skyrim I had this sudden urge to play a Warrior in WoW with all the new changes to the class and considering how OP they were just before I quit (this was when Heroic Throw silenced casters) and deep wounds ticked for a lot. So I came back but didn't really play much until around Feb. Then I started levelling up my characters through MoP and started the grind at level 90.

I was a bit disappointed with the direction of the game. I loved WoW during WTLK and it defined what a casual player looked for in a game. Sure the game was accessible but you had to work for it but there were still enough challenges and randomness to keep you coming back for more. But this was a bit too extreme, they maid everything obtainable only if and if you were willing to grind. They removed the randomness from the game. Dailies were the norm and you just had to do it. LFR was a bore. Normal raiding was even more boring since I got in the game mid expansion and was playing catch up, so raids were just a walk in the park on Normal and I was getting carried through Heroic bosses. Then 5.2 came out with even more dailies. So not only was I trying to catch up to 5.1 and the previous dailies, I was stuck with even more dailies.

What maid it even worse, was that everything was locked behind these dailies. Heroic Dungeons were boring and I never queued much for them compared to the number of times I walked and queued in for the Heroic WTLK and Cata ones.

The most common criticism during Cata was that they was not much to do at level 85 besides raiding. However, I think Blizzard again went about it the wrong way and took it to the extreme. They was just so much to do that didn't really add to the game and made it even more of a grind and boring which often time made it feel like a chore. PVP was something that I got into and enjoyed during Cata, however, it was simply horrible and unplayable in its current state. CC was simply ridiculous and none of the new BGs were any fun.

What I loved about WTLK was that there was just enough to do and each had its own thing going for it. They were not all related to the end goal of raiding. Most importantly I think WoW's design is pretty much dying regardless the current subscribtion numbers. Losing 3.5+ million subscribers says a lot. The game right now is all about raiding. WTLK's raids were fun and big enough with flexible bosses and wings where you knew you could always have a good raid night. With smaller raids and harder bosses, raiding became even more frustrating as you very quickly hit a road block and couldn't progress further. I don't call spending 3+ hours trying to learn Prim in ToT a very fun night or a fun gaming experience.

But I also quite cause I've found a lot more better games on consoles that offer a much better gaming experience. Long term, I am looking forward for the Elder Scroll Online. I've been playing GTA 5 Online. Its multiplayer basically and I think it is something along the lines of what TESO will play like. That is what currently works. Even games like Destiny seem to be adopting a similar approach online with a multiplayer experience.