Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never quit for more than 2 months (mostly becuase i didn't have the mony to pay for pre paid ), and never because i didn't enjoy the game. Well if we count breaks at the end of expac (like in ds,icc etc..) the 2 times ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Also the reason I quit isn't listed there. You can fill in that the content is too hard and INaccessible. But you cannot tell the form that you find the content too fucking easy and too accessible. That there is no sense of community anymore. That the immersion is all but gone.
    Now u can understand why ive been saying this exact same thing for ages! lmao

When the guys who have stayed subbed forever say that "Blizzard knows why people quit and they have all the information" whereas ive been saying since forever that THEY DONT lol

The 'form' u complete when u unsub is very basic indeed and has many problems. Firstly, inevitabley the main reason u are unsubbing is not even listed or anything even close to it. Secondly, most people unsub for more than one reason and u cannot select more than one reason listed. Thirdly, the tiny box to write your thoughts is pathetically inadequate.

Basically the data Blizzard have to hand is not even close to showing a true reflection of why players are leaving. The data they get is very narrow and most people have simply clicked on an option which is vaguely relevant...

Deleted
    Played from US Open Beta until WotLK uninterrupted.

1. break: early WotLK, lvled DK, cleared Naxx instantly, quited shortly after.

came back some time after IC was released, lvled shammy, cleared IC, stayed until early Cata

2. break: early Cata, lvled Druid, did some firelands. whole guild quited.

came back last Nov, lvled monk, did some LFR because guild is abandoned now and I'm going to join a new one, only enjoyed petbattles. LFR and the raids itself where horrible

3. break Jan 13 until Sept 13.

came back now to see the final raid and do some more petbattles. will quit again when D3 gets loot 2.0

I must've 'quit' about 4 times now. But everytime I return it's in a less engaged state than before.
    this, pretty much
    Last edited by mmoc68a1ba7cda; 2013-10-16 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit WOW? Never done that.
    Taking a break from WOW? A few times, but always with the intention of coming back to it. Sometimes even the best things become the same-old trot, especially when you're like me and not into raiding. I've played a few others MMOs: Ultima Online, LOTRO, DDO, SWG, SWTOR, RIFT, STO, Neverwinter, but so far with the exception of UO, none of them held my attention as much as WOW and made me want to return to it as much as WOW.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

10+ Year Old Account
    I no longer play WoW. I took a long break when Dragon Soul came out, that patch lasted way too long and is the worst patch, ever. I re-subbed in december, couple of months after MoP was released. But now I have quit in patch 5.2 / 5.3 because playing WoW wasn't even fun anymore. LFR, dailies, PvP broken as shit, same shit every day. Everything happens through menu's now, like, everything. Can't say the raids were fun either. I've always been a "medium" player, if you get my meaning. I wasn't a casual scrub, and I wasn't a hardcore elitist either. Completed some normal raids in MoP, and that's it. Also, a lot of guild drama, guilds falling apart, friends stopped playing / went to another realm. You probably know how it feels.

But I still follow up on updates though, still watch videos and whenever I've got nothing to do or when I'm really bored, I occasionally watch WoW streams.

I'd love to play WoW again, go back to my original realm and go back to Alliance. I'm on Kazzak horde now while I've been on Azuremyst alliance for many years. Thing is, if I would go back to WoW, it'd cost me a fortune. WoW isn't really worth the money anymore for what you actually get. Character services are overpriced. This is a FACT. I don't give a shit what you think, they're way too overpriced. If you think they're not, you're either very stupid, or sucking Blizzards cock.

But I'll see what happens. I doubt I'll make a return though, I'll see what the next expansion brings. Maybe new character models... I hope so. If we're gonna get another MoP type of expansion, then I'm out, for good.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Now u can understand why ive been saying this exact same thing for ages! lmao

When the guys who have stayed subbed forever say that "Blizzard knows why people quit and they have all the information" whereas ive been saying since forever that THEY DONT lol

The 'form' u complete when u unsub is very basic indeed and has many problems. Firstly, inevitabley the main reason u are unsubbing is not even listed or anything even close to it. Secondly, most people unsub for more than one reason and u cannot select more than one reason listed. Thirdly, the tiny box to write your thoughts is pathetically inadequate.

Basically the data Blizzard have to hand is not even close to showing a true reflection of why players are leaving. The data they get is very narrow and most people have simply clicked on an option which is vaguely relevant...
    Indeed. And hence why I also draw my conclusions when it comes to LFR and the "fun" factor. People imo don't run LFR because it is FUN. They run it because it is a means to an end. A very efficient means. In no way can this be fun. Sure for some people it is, but come on...

Popularity is by no means an indication that it is FUN. Same as dailies. etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    I'm curious as to why people that no longer play, especially those that have been gone for quite a while, are still here.

I am because I've recently played and am interested in coming back soon.
    Looking for rumors of what comes next to see if it sounds worth getting back into. Also, for me personally, I look for threads about things I hate and see if there is a perspective represented there clearly enough that I could understand not hating it.

Also, I do a fair bit of user experience design, so seeing how a huge host of users interpret changes is pretty interesting to me. Beta forums (for anything) are more worthwhile, but WoW is a close second based on the amount of people.

Deleted
    Indeed. And hence why I also draw my conclusions when it comes to LFR and the "fun" factor. People imo don't run LFR because it is FUN. They run it because it is a means to an end. A very efficient means. In no way can this be fun. Sure for some people it is, but come on...
    Im pretty sure that LFR is not listed in your unsubbing choices, im also pretty sure that there no option for not liking pandas or other MoP features... Im sure that 'toxic community' is not listed. However, i do remember an option for "ive been bullied in game" or something like that which is the only option kinda related to a bad community...

which is my point, people r selecting an option which isnt even accurate enough to their real reason for leaving.

Im pretty sure that LFR is not listed in your unsubbing choices, im also pretty sure that there no option for not liking pandas or other MoP features... Im sure that 'toxic community' is not listed. However, i do remember an option for "ive been bullied in game" or something like that which is the only option kinda related to a bad community...

which is my point, people r selecting an option which isnt even accurate enough to their real reason for leaving.
    Indeed... there was even an option that stated: I quit because my class was nerfed.....
    Seriously? People actually quit because of that?

Deleted
    I quit when they started making unique and interesting models for the pay2win store , but only remodels for actual hard in game achievements.

I quit towards the end of wrath because I got hacked and it took Blizzard a couple weeks to restore my account. After I had everything back, My guild had replaced me and didn't let me back for my spot. It was a salty time in my wow career. I ended up quitting for the rest of wrath after that and then all of cata.

I came back for MoP because an IRL friend got it and talked it up so much I just had to try it.

I quit during MoP, because the lore didn't really get to me. And also almost all the people I know who love playing it quit and I hate playing games alone.

I'm hoping the next expansion will lure me in, but if it doesn't then I'm probably going to quit for good and never come back.

Schedule change so couldn't raid normals. With that out of the picture game wasn't strong enough to warrant the time or money spent for it.

LFR was nice, but queue times were longer than I wanted to deal with and not enough interesting things to do while waiting in queue. Get it done on tuesday or wait nearly an hour per wing? No ty.
    Wish I could run hscens while waiting.. but blizz and their "make your own group" addiction this expac killed that.
    Flex seemed just like lfr but with more annoyances to get a raid started and less people, so never fell in love with it.

Good game, but after half a decade of "/2 lfm <insert group pve content here>" I'd rather just play a different game than go back. Much respect to the openraid and oqueue devs, but its not enough. Kept me playing for a while though, and for that I'll always be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    I quit when they started making unique and interesting models for the pay2win store , but only remodels for actual hard in game achievements.
    That never happened and there is no pay to win store either. Its just 3 badly designed helmets and a couple of mounts that are hardly worth your time and the same goes for the pets that you can get. All non gamebreaking or unfair advantage kind of things.

I respect everyone's reason to quit. Because it is your reason. Respecting it is one thing... but I have to say: Grow up!

They let you write in your reason for leaving with a 225 word limit. Plenty of space to write lfr or mean people.

Deleted
    That never happened and there is no pay to win store either. Its just 3 badly designed helmets and a couple of mounts that are hardly worth your time and the same goes for the pets that you can get. All non gamebreaking or unfair advantage kind of things.

I respect everyone's reason to quit. Because it is your reason. Respecting it is one thing... but I have to say: Grow up!
    Grow up?

How devoted are you to this game to blindly ignore their strategies. Extra XP bonuses for cash? Totally unique models for in store mounts whilst glory and raid mounts are rehashes? Countless new items and pets, new RAF mounts, all unattainable through effort in game, and solely for payment. Also I really dont care at all for pokemonlite pet battles.

Its the main reason I quit, not the sole one. The short end of the stick pvpers are getting, as well as the game design with flex and LFR also pushed me to quit, but the in game store certainly nudged me towards that.

I usually quit for a couple of months after a stressful tier like t11 and I usually come back in time for progress again. MoP has made that very difficult with all it's timesinks and obviously the legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to echo this: people that claim they quit over vanity items for cash in the Store always come across as throwing their toys out of the pram as they can't afford them. And don't get me started on the idiots who claim to have quit because of an item that isn't even there and is already available in game anyway . . . .

Extra XP bonuses for cash?
    Please show me where this is available.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    I have to echo this: people that claim they quit over vanity items for cash in the Store always come across as throwing their toys out of the pram as they can't afford them. And don't get me started on the idiots who claim to have quit because of an item that isn't even there and is already available in game anyway . . . .

Please show me where this is available.
    Did they not already implement this? It was tested and available in other regions already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they not already implement this? It was tested and available in other regions already.
    No they didn't implement it. And besides, why pay cash for it when you just farm the mobs that already drop the exact same item that have been in the game since Mists launch?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career