Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    To me, destro warlock is what hunters 'should' feel like in terms of mobility (increased, but still some drawbacks), aoe setup, burst setup, etc.
    I don't like casters so I barely ever played my warlock as destro.

Speaking about drawbacks, you will never see any 'HUGE' damage numbers (thinking of you, warlocks, half a mil shadow bolts >.>)
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Moving and jumping while casting

Deleted
    Being the most self-sufficient class. Also loving the focus resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    What makes Hunter special to you?
    Maybe a ability or the lore, something else? Maybe a person? I don't know, you tell me.
    Aside from being ranged dps with a fancy pe and utility, I find hunters to be the most cosmetic class in the game.
    The color combinations of armor (including transmog) and various pets all matched up is what makes my hunter special to me.

Big thing is soloing. I love soloing old content for mounts.

Feign death is fantastic for breaking boss abilities in both current content, and old world raid soloing. Not having to die is awesome.

The idea of kiting, or taunting something and dettrance tanking it to buy time feels like a huge thing in terms of utility, especially when working on new heroic modes with tight enrage timers.

No buffs to cast. When I played a mage one of the things I hated was pressing arcane intellect. It's not challenging or interesting. It's just annoying when you buff everyone, but oh look the one dude was still running back, time to buff it again. There's just nothing interesting about that mechanic, and I like hunters being one of the last few classes that doesn't have to do that.

I love the versatility of hunters. You can bring a buff your raid group is missing. Not a big deal in 25 mans, but really useful in small groups.

The only thing that has ever been consistent in my gaming career is my love for Bows. It's the first class I try in every new MMO and is the primary reason I like D3 and WoW but loathe FFXIV and Rift (terrible Ranger/Archer implementation).

10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to tame a dinosaur was enough to get me hooked.

Choosing a pet was a big deal for me, but the draenei gun/crossbow animation was what got me hooked.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was killing a Zandalari warbringer earlier and i used 3 fingers and no mouse.

Other than being my first max level toon, hunter was also my first ever class that I played. I also love my spirit beast collection. Love you, Banthalos!

i've always found a feminine appeal to archery. something sensual and exciting about a woman that is finessed in the ways of archery. looks good from afar and could kill you easily from the shadows without a sound. i think perhaps i try to project my ideal self into my gaming characters to try and make myself more interesting.

whatever the case, i've always loved archers in every game. they are the most real ranged characters (no magic or other random ranged abilities)... just them and a bow. my skill vs your flesh.

anyone can stab with a sword, it takes a truly skilled hero to hit him from 100 yards away.

Being the only ranged dps class to bring 10% AP to my guild is what got me playing a hunter.

*can do full dps while moving
    *can get out of combat very fast
    *has legimate pve stealth
    *ranged class
    *pets tanking mobs

The mobility, disengage, FD and all the special pet taming. I will never play my Hunter at a serious or even semiserious level again (fuck you pet ai >.>) so aside from leveling the only thing I have to look forward too is collecting cool pets
    Hi Sephurik

I originally made my Hunter for the purpose of getting achievements and soloing stuff my Paladin simply couldn't do. Since then, I've grown to love the fact that hunters have much of the benefit of melee classes (mail armor, almost all spells being instant-cast) but also being able to shoot from range and and/or have pets tank for you when the need arises. They're an incredibly useful class for just about any area of WoW

Deleted
    It was the first and really only class I've played. I've got a few other 85's but I still log onto my Hunter daily. I love soloing stuff as well.

Well, I got into it because I thought the guns in a magic/fantasy setting were pretty neat, and now it's just become the only class I actually enjoy playing.

It helps that I can choose to go solo content if I want, which is a big draw for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    being self sufficient. pets, guns and bows
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done