Poll: What was your favorite final raid?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    well I wasnt playing in vanilla, and was only learning to raid in TBC so out of last 3 expansions, SoO is best imo.

For me personally it was ICC, because of the lore.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Gotta go with Icecrown Citadel. Despite the fact that the visuals and overall feeling of the raid is better in SoO, IC wins with the one thing that is really important in a good raid - boss encounters.

First of all, there aren't many memorable encounters in Siege in the first place. I'm not saying that Icecrown had no random bosses, but at least they brought something to the raid. Whole Plague Wing is extremly memorable in terms of bosses and their dialogues, all the end bosses of their wings are amazing (Deathbringer, Putricide, Sindragosa and Blood Queen) and most of them concentrate on what it's all about - directly fighting a boss.

In SoO, I hate to say it, but there is just not so much spirit in those encounters. Whole Orgrimmar part feels like a wasted opportunity, and I hoped it will be the highlight of the raid. I especially hate what they did with Nazgrim and Galakras encounter. You have one fight with a grizzled war veteran, a powerfull warrior, and one fight with possibly the most powerfull dragon for the time (Brood of Galakrond, come on). And what do we get - add fights. And I must admit, add fights are what I hate about the current encounter design. Suprisingly, my favourite fights (besides Sha) are those that are quite obscure to the whole lore, Juggernaut and Thok. At least you don't spend 80% of the time looking for anything other than boss to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Icc for lore reasons, and SoO for overall better mechanics/fights. Ill have to give this one to SoO though.

ICC... last time EVERYBODY could raid normals/heroics casually, heck PUGS were more common than guild raids. Most epic boss, and most epic patch, lore, you name it.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-10-15 at 11:29 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Deleted
    Trying to look at it without nostalgia (ie being younger, more impressionable, still able to be genuinely wow'ed by content), I'll say Siege of Orgrimmar. In terms of the quality of fights and general raid design, SoO and ToT have been the best two in WoW's history. The atmosphere and the lore was better in past expansions but the fights are more fun now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    All polls should be for 2nd place. Because the Wrath option always wins by 30% at least.
    Its currently over 100% higher than second on this poll lol

ICC by a long shot. Great boss fights, lore and just an amazing ending to a great expansion.

Deleted
    ICC but Siege is quite close - I play since TBC but didn't get to Sunwell when it was current - if I did it might have changed my opinion (tbh not a lot of people experienced before wrath - Wowpedia says less than 1% of the playerbase, the same case being Naxx40). Dragon Soul was horrible...

Naxxramas 40 > SoO > ICC > Sunwell > DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Its currently over 100% higher than second on this poll lol
    I wonder how the poll would look like if only people who raided all five options would vote. I'm sure most didn't raid Naxx or SW.

I voted Sunwell. I guess the poll will be skewed because there are a lot of people who didn't play during Naxx or Sunwell, therefore they will vote ICC, DS(LOL) or SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firelands.
    I'm still activley trying to forget Dragon Soul.

But seriously: Icecrown Citadel. I just had the best time in the game at that time. Though I played during all 5 raids ICC just felt best because I had the most fun with my guild and friends.
    Last edited by Feali; 2013-10-15 at 12:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    RUBY SANCTUM 4EVAR

(I love how everyone always forgets that ICC wasn't the final raid released for WotLk =p )
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    With so many wrath babies on this forum, the true final best tier raid Sunwell, stands no chance of being first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    RUBY SANCTUM 4EVAR

(I love how everyone always forgets that ICC wasn't the final raid released for WotLk =p )
    What's this Ruby Sanctum?

Do not remind me of that horrible raid!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    With so many wrath babies on this forum, the true final best tier raid Sunwell, stands no chance of being first.
    What makes Sunwell a better final raid than Naxx 40?
    Especially the last bosses were quite epic and killig them felt incredibly satisfying.

ICC for me. Loved the raid, enjoyed all the bosses for the most part. I found LK to be one of the best fights they've created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Sunwell.
    No competiton, Sure ICC was fun. But on the terms of being the most perfectly tuned, end of expansion raid, Sunwell has never yet had any competition.
    Hmm except for the part in 'perfectly tuned' when you had to stack certain classes or you put yourself at a disadvantage so great that you may as well disband the raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Can I hate on DS for having the worst Trash-to-Boss ratio and worst setting of any raid?
    What, DS had like no trash at all. Guess you never raided in Vanilla.

I didnt raid ICC. I'll have to hand it to Naxx 40.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not enough real competitive raiding experience from me to give a technical opinion on the boss fights themselves, but aesthetics wise, Sunwell was my favorite. ICC, while decently fun, was mostly just blue and black all over. Siege is pretty neat once you actually get into the Underhold or whatever it's called.